Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

please need info....2 hr heroics?

Is it true that heroics are going to take 2 hours?
    Are they that big or hard or ??
    I just don't get it or a lot of people are just talking trash

Grim Batol takes over an hour and a half, although does have an option to clear trash with drakes. If you fail clearing the first time with the drakes (bombing run) you have to clear by hand. Oh, that's on Normal BTW, and a new group to the instance.

Keep this in mind though ..... badge loot sucks. You won't be faming 15 dungeons a day to get the Tier gear in a week. You will run dungeons because you pretty much have to for loot.

But how will i get my free epics?

1-2h is the time it used to take to run 5mans, LK has been extreme with the <30 min HC runns...

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say it is very doubtful that they will take 2 hours or even close to that in appropriate (heroic level) gear. Heroics aren't even available for testing afaik so everything anyone is saying is pure speculation. Regular instances are taking up some time because of the lack of properly itemized and available gear right now. Once people start overgearing them they will be steamrolled in 30 minutes or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Ylera View Post
    But how will i get my free epics?
    You'll have your free blues, enjoy!
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Back to the good old days of early TBC heroics

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I would say it is very doubtful that they will take 2 hours or even close to that in appropriate (heroic level) gear. Heroics aren't even available for testing afaik so everything anyone is saying is pure speculation. Regular instances are taking up some time because of the lack of properly itemized and available gear right now. Once people start overgearing them they will be steamrolled in 30 minutes or less.
    They will not be "steamrolled" at all, those mobs hit hard, even in good gear. I am talking about Grim Batol OFC, where CC is a must on almost every pack.

Remember UBRS? Thats how Grim Batol is.

1-2h is the time it used to take to run 5mans, LK has been extreme with the <30 min HC runns...

yes you are correct and I see your point when king was new dungeons took about an hour or more to get thru.
    I assume that we will never outgear them in cata.

heck in my guild we wiped on heroic toc when it first came out

10+ Year Old Account
    Until we over gear the bajebus of it, it's reasonable to expect them to take significantly longer than current WotLK Heroics. Afterall, Heroic Nexus didn't always take 10 minutes.

I've tanked the first 3 dungeons available so far and have used absoolutely zero CC and never taken more than 1 hour for them to complete...infact Throne of Tides only took ~25 mins.

this is in Quest greens and 251 ICC10 loot which the premades come with.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    Is it true that heroics are going to take 2 hours?
    Are they that big or hard or ??
    I just don't get it or a lot of people are just talking trash
    Yup, it does take 1 1/2 hours. This is down to diffuculty i think, as all pats will need a good amount of CC, and it is easy to wipe. HOWEVER! At the start you all get to do a bombing run, and you can kill many packs if you do this properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwtfbbq View Post
    Back to the good old days of early TBC heroics
    wtf are you talking about... tbc heroics were mind numbing.

Deleted
    I think people are exaggerating the average length of an instance run in Cata. It will be somewhere between BC and WotLK.

Most videos of runs on the internet are by good players, but they're often undergeared and inexperienced about the dungeon. And even undergeared and on your first run, most instances took somewhere around 40 min- 1 hour on normal.

Grim Batol takes a little longer because people still have to figure out the dragon bomb mechanic.

So with the right gear and after a few runs I expect most dungeon runs to settle around 40 minutes. That's a little short imo but fine for a normal dungeon.

Heroics on the other hand might take longer. At least if Blizzard makes them somewhat challenging. Ofc. all these numbers are assuming no wipes. Each wipe might add a good 5 minutes or more to the run.

Quote Originally Posted by lethargik View Post
    what? tbc heroics were the greatest and best 5 mans blizzard ever made. talk about running shadow labs heroic in pre-raidgear. doing arcatraz heroic and others for the attunement quests with all raidmembers. actually using your brain and all of your char's skills to master the instance.

good times. i hope those "2 hour heroics" will be back, harder than ever. talk about "have to be pro to kill the endboss". the rest may clear normal versions. that's how it should be. nnnice.

Well , maybe it took 20 minutes in naxx10 gear.
    Article 37 : A Bro is under no obligation to open a door for anyone. If a women insist on having their own professional basketball league, then they can open their own doors. Honestly, they're not that heavy.
    Article 49 : When asked,"Do you need some help?" a Bro shall automatically respond, "i got it," whether or not he's actually got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So heroics are implemented? Blizz was also saying sth on the frontpage of MMO Champ just the other week how 5 mans currently felt so hard b/c ppl did them in lv 83 loot and and they were tuned to the point where you really wanted lv 85 gear. Apparently each lv gain makes a difference.

Normal runs - as GC stated - will still be easy and produce "lol faceroll" posts. Heroics will be "a bit harder than we know now" yet "A heroic dungeon doesn't need to be quite so brutal, but it still doesn't seem bad if you wipe on a new boss 2-3 times before you figure out a solid stragegy and everything falls into place." Which I suppose will be true the first couple of times you do them.

Total Bisquit posted a vid of Sky Vortex which they 4 manned in places. Yeah...I fully expect ppl to initially run Instances with guildies, not least because it adds to the guild achieves...give it a month and it will be business as usual.
    Yet Total Biscuit's video of Grim batol contridicts that statement of normals being faceroll. If i remember correclty TB was the only lvl 83 on his party, while the rest was 85.

And i dont think heroic mode has been made available yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Around an hour is more or less correct.
    With good gear most will probably be doable in 30-45 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by lethargik View Post
    How i miss heroic Shadow lab and Shattered Hall, that actually took a bit of time and effort to get through

At start of WotLK some instances could take that much time (2 hours) if you include wipes etc. Nothing to worry about, altrough I hope Blizz will make something that the content wont be trivalized when you overgear it.