Deleted
    Hello, I would like an macro which upon keypress will display on screen if my xp is locked or not.

The reason for doing so is that I play in the 80-84 battlegrounds, where both xp-on and xp-off brackets are active. However, Dominos unitframes experience bar do not display whether experience is locked or not which means that sometimes I find myself confused on what battleground I entered.

Thank you!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    /run if IsXPUserDisabled() then UIErrorsFrame:AddMessage("XP Is Locked", 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 53, 3) else UIErrorsFrame:AddMessage("XP Is Unlocked", 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 53, 3) end
    Drycoded and untested, but SHOULD work - tells you if XP is Locked or Unlocked, in the same place as raidwarnings and such.

EDIT: Tested with XP unlocked, works then - should work fine with locked XP.

Hey folks, I'm currently doing arena with a mage friend. One of the reasons it works well is selfless healer... unless he has a mirror image up.

The current macro I have is:
    /tar Vulpix
    /cast Word of Glory
    /targetlasttarget
    /startattack

It works great, unless he has his images up. If he has them up, it heals them instead... is there any way to get the macro to target the player and not the images?

Quote Originally Posted by Armakus View Post
    Hey folks, I'm currently doing arena with a mage friend. One of the reasons it works well is selfless healer... unless he has a mirror image up.

The current macro I have is:
    /tar Vulpix
    /cast Word of Glory
    /targetlasttarget
    /startattack

It works great, unless he has his images up. If he has them up, it heals them instead... is there any way to get the macro to target the player and not the images?
    Try this one
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@Vulpix, help, nodead][] Word of Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Mordret View Post
    Try this one
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@Vulpix, help, nodead][] Word of Glory
    Thanks... I'll give it a try tomorrow

Need a few:

1) Use Ruthless Gladiator's Badge of Dominance, cast Greater Heal. Alt modifier cast Greater Heal on self.
    2) Equip Fishing Rod. Alt modifier equip MH & OH weapons.
    3) Cast Power Infusion on self. Alt modifier cast Power Infusion on Focus target.

The first one has me really frustrated. Seems macroing any on-use item with a spell breaks the ability to self-cast without writing it into the macro.
    Last edited by kombucha; 2011-12-22 at 09:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by kombucha View Post
    Need a few:

1) Use Ruthless Gladiator's Badge of Dominance, cast Greater Heal. Alt modifier cast Greater Heal on self.
    3) Cast Power Infusion on self. Alt modifier cast Power Infusion on Focus target.

The first one has me really frustrated. Seems macroing any on-use item with a spell breaks the ability to self-cast without writing it into the macro.
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:alt][] Ruthless Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
    /cast [@player,mod:alt][] Greater Heal

#showtooltip
    /equipslot 16 <MH>
    /equipslot 17 <OH>
    /equip <Fishing Rod>

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus,help,nodead,mod:alt][@player] Power Infusion

Need a few:

Code:
    #showtooltip Greater Heal
    /use Ruthless Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
    /cast [@player,mod:alt][]Greater Heal

I use this for my fishing macro
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip [combat]Souldrinker
    /equip [combat]Shard of Torment
    /equip [nocombat,noworn:Fishing Pole]Seth's Graphite Fishing Pole
    /use [worn:Fishing Pole]Fishing
    If using a keyboard modifier there is no need to check focus status.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:alt,@focus][@player]Power Infusion

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip [combat]Souldrinker
    /equip [combat]Shard of Torment
    /equip [nocombat,noworn:Fishing Pole]Seth's Graphite Fishing Pole
    /use [worn:Fishing Pole]Fishing
    That's nifty, but not quite what I'm looking for. just a simple alt modifier is what I'm after.
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

i just started fire mage and i cant find a good macro for them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodyi View Post
    i just started fire mage and i cant find a good macro for them
    Maybe you should know what you want to do with it.
    You might get an answer here, but if you are looking for advices what macros make sense for a specific class, maybe you'll find more answers in that class' forum.

Deleted
    quick help on a macro. Im trying to make a modifier to a spell so it will cast shadowbolt by pressing 1, and soulfire by pressing shift+1.

I have code below but it doesnt seem to work;

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Shadowbolt
    /cast [mod:shft] Soulfire

If there is a way to make it automatically change to soulfire when i have the soulburn buff that would be even better
    Last edited by mmoc70d56fa5f0; 2011-12-26 at 07:28 PM.

Deleted
    Hi happy boxing day, two questions:

For some reason, of which I am oblivious, the following macro is working apart from not casting judgement, any thoughts why?-

#showtooltip judgement
    /cast [@player,mod:alt] Holy Light
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,exists,mod:shift] [@focus,harm,exists] repentance; repentance
    /cast [harm] judgement; Holy light

Secondly, can I add another line to this macro to cast Word of Glory at my friendly focus using shift mod or will this be impossible because there is already a shift mod condition?-

#showtooltip crusader strike
    /cast [@player,mod:alt] word of glory
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,exists,mod:shift][@focus,harm,exists] hammer of Justice; hammer of justice
    /cast [harm] crusader strike; word of glory

thank yoouuu.

Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    quick help on a macro. Im trying to make a modifier to a spell so it will cast shadowbolt by pressing 1, and soulfire by pressing shift+1.

I have code below but it doesnt seem to work;

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [nomod] Shadowbolt
    /cast [mod:shft] Soulfire

If there is a way to make it automatically change to soulfire when i have the soulburn buff that would be even better
    You misspelled shift in your macro.

Code:
    /use [mod:shift]Soulfire;Shadowbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Hi happy boxing day, two questions:

For some reason, of which I am oblivious, the following macro is working apart from not casting judgement, any thoughts why?-

#showtooltip judgement
    /cast [@player,mod:alt] Holy Light
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,exists,mod:shift] [@focus,harm,exists] repentance; repentance
    /cast [harm] judgement; Holy light

Secondly, can I add another line to this macro to cast Word of Glory at my friendly focus using shift mod or will this be impossible because there is already a shift mod condition?-

#showtooltip crusader strike
    /cast [@player,mod:alt] word of glory
    /cast [@mouseover,harm,exists,mod:shift][@focus,harm,exists] hammer of Justice; hammer of justice
    /cast [harm] crusader strike; word of glory

thank yoouuu.
    Your first macro has a conflict between Repentance and Judgement. Both are attempting to be cast at the same time.
    First one: (I removed Hammer of Justice to target)

Code:
    /use [@mouseover,harm,mod:shift][@focus,harm]Repentance;[@player,mod:alt][help]Holy Light;Judgement
    Second one: (I removed the target Hammer of Justice to target because it will conflict with Crusader Strike)
    Code:
    /use [@mouseover,harm,mod:shift][@focus,harm]Hammer of Justice;[@focus,help,mod:shift][@player,mod:alt][help]Word of Glory;Crusader Strike
    Just make sure your alt and shift modifiers are not bound to other keybinds.
    Last edited by Newbie95816; 2011-12-27 at 01:43 AM.

Deleted
    Looking for good rogue macros, or addons

I have the following macro:

Code:
    #showtoolip
    /equip [mod:alt]Cataclysmic Gladiator's Gavel;Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole
    I'd like to change it so I can also equip my OH with holding alt. Suggestions?

I have the following macro:

Code:
    #showtoolip
    I'd like to change it so I can also equip my OH with holding alt. Suggestions?
    Code:
    /equipslot [mod:alt]16 Cataclysmic Gladiator's Gavel;[mod:alt]17 Cataclysmic Gladiator's Redoubt;16 Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole
    Last edited by Newbie95816; 2011-12-29 at 03:19 AM.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /equip [mod:alt]Cataclysmic Gladiator's Redoubt

I need some help with a macro, if this is even possible to do. There are 3 possible scenarios I want to cover:

If I do not currently have a focus, make whatever I'm targetting now my focus.
    If I do have a focus, and I am targetting it, target whatever my last target was.
    If I do have a focus, and I am not targetting it, target the focus.

I can do the first scenario, but the second 2 are giving me trouble. Are they even possible?

There's not a way for a macro to know what you're targetting.

You can try something like this but it might act funny.
    Code:
    /clearfocus [@focus,dead]
    /focus [@focus,noexists]
    /targetlasttarget [@focus,exists]