Hi, what I'd like to do is make a macro that casts either Bladestorm, Dragon Roar or Shockwave depending on whatever I'm specced into.
    The functional part of the macro is easy enough; I just did 3x /cast.
    I'm having trouble with the icon; is it possible to have it display the icon/tooltip of whatever ability I'm specced into? I've tried doing #showtooltip but that only works IF the very first ability in the macro is the one that I'm currently specced into (aka useless).

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    But I see that my shield is equipped instantly. Is there honestly not a way for quipping a shield and off-hander + cast spell reflect to be a 1 click macro? :/
    this is not possible as equipping items activates the GCD and you cannot cast Spell Reflect on the GCD (thus requires 2 clicks)
    and the same thing applies to your die by the sword macro. GCD is activated and thus takes time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest420 View Post
    Hi, what I'd like to do is make a macro that casts either Bladestorm, Dragon Roar or Shockwave depending on whatever I'm specced into.
    The functional part of the macro is easy enough; I just did 3x /cast.
    I'm having trouble with the icon; is it possible to have it display the icon/tooltip of whatever ability I'm specced into? I've tried doing #showtooltip but that only works IF the very first ability in the macro is the one that I'm currently specced into (aka useless).

You'll have to activate the macro once for it to update everytime you change talent though. But afaik this is the best way to do it through macros for now.
    Code:
    /cast Ability1
    /cast Ability2
    /cast Ability3
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("MacroName", G"Abiltiy1" or G"Ability2" or "Ability3")
    (change "Ability1,2,3" with the spellnames and "MacroName" with the name of your macro)

alternatively you can get the infMopTalentMacroes addon which should allow you to macro it properly

Deleted
    Could someone help me with these two macro's?

1. If I press the macro it just charges my target, if I do it with shift it charges arena enemy 1, with ctrl arena enemy 2 and with alt arena enemy 3.

2. If I press this macro it intervenes my target, if I do it with shift it intervenes party member 1. If I do it with ctrl it intervenes party member 2.

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    1. If I press the macro it just charges my target, if I do it with shift it charges arena enemy 1, with ctrl arena enemy 2 and with alt arena enemy 3.
    Just assuming the spell is called charge. Change it if needed.
    But this should work, can't test it right now.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@arena1][mod:ctrl,@arena2][mod:alt,@arena3][]charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodylotion View Post
    2. If I press this macro it intervenes my target, if I do it with shift it intervenes party member 1. If I do it with ctrl it intervenes party member 2.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@party1][mod:ctrl,@party2][mod:alt,@party3][]intervene
    Last edited by mmoc161c352136; 2012-09-15 at 04:27 PM.

Hi guys! I need help with a stopcasting macro .I am an Ele shammy and have this buff called "lava surge" which pops up randomly to allow me an instant cast lava burts.

So to stop my current casts to utilise the instant lavaburst I tried using this:-

Code:
    /stopcasting
    /cast Lava Burst
    Unfortunately i am a bit of a frantic player and press my buttons sometimes more than once.Usually the basic Blizzard button behavior is forgiving for this and won't cancel my casts if i double tap a button.BUT if i have a stopcast on my button, it makes my multiple taps very umm... unproductive.
    Is there a way to make my stopcast work only if my "Lava surge" buff is present, otherwise just let me cast as normal.?

Quote Originally Posted by walexia View Post
    Hi guys! I need help with a stopcasting macro .I am an Ele shammy and have this buff called "lava surge" which pops up randomly to allow me an instant cast lava burts.

So to stop my current casts to utilise the instant lavaburst I tried using this
    There is not a way to accomplish exactly what you need in a macro, but more importantly in this specific case it's a huge dps loss to stop your cast mid-way to Lava Burst so I don't recommend pursuing a macro.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    There is not a way to accomplish exactly what you need in a macro, but more importantly in this specific case it's a huge dps loss to stop your cast mid-way to Lava Burst so I don't recommend pursuing a macro.
    It's actually mainly for sake of pvp burst, sometimes you get a guy really low and you wanna finish em off.Especially before an emergency save from the enemy healer or before they can react defensively and use defensive CD's.I could and am training right now not to double tap my buttons .I do know that they have tried to dumb down macros so that they cannot do the playing for the players.I guess they don't allow macros to check for buffs even if it's something as harmless as this.

Correct, you can't have a macro check for any buffs or debuffs.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Thanks madorable, will try it when I'm in arena and a party.

Hello

I need a macro that does gouge, focus gouge if shift, sap if stealth, focus sap if shift and stealth

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanfear1 View Post
    I need a macro that does gouge, focus gouge if shift, sap if stealth, focus sap if shift and stealth
    Does this work? Never actually used the [(no)stealth] before.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus,nostealth][nostealth]gouge;[mod:shift,@focus,stealth][stealth]sap

15+ Year Old Account
    Code:
     /cast [stealth, nomod][stealth, mod, @focus] Sap; [nostealth; nomod][nostealth, mod, @focus] Gouge
    Should work I guess, not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by madorable View Post
    [(no)stealth] macros are so handy (a must really as it saves keybinds) on feral druids. But also on rogues they're not too bad.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    [(no)stealth] macros are so handy (a must really as it saves keybinds) on feral druids. But also on rogues they're not too bad.
    The reason I've never used those before is because I don't have a rogue or feral druid.
    (Which is also why I want to know if the macro I posted actually works or not)
    Last edited by mmoc161c352136; 2012-09-16 at 06:11 PM.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:shift,@focus,nostealth][nostealth]gouge;[mod:shift,@focus,stealth][stealth]sap
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Code:
     /cast [stealth, nomod][stealth, mod, @focus] Sap; [nostealth; nomod][nostealth, mod, @focus] Gouge
    Should work I guess, not sure though.

Neither of them does focus gouge, but normal gouge + sap and focus sap works. I get this error on the last one: Unknown macro option; stealth;nomod

Deleted
    Neither of them does focus gouge, but normal gouge + sap and focus sap works. I get this error on the last one: Unknown macro option; stealth;nomod
    Code:
    /cast [stealth, nomod][stealth, mod, @focus] Sap; [nostealth, nomod][nostealth, mod, @focus] Gouge
    Try this one.
    (It's just Taurenburger's one but I fixed a typo "," instead of ";")

Just tested this on my druid (using different abilities obviously) and it works for me at least.
    Last edited by mmoc161c352136; 2012-09-16 at 06:57 PM.

Code:
    /cast [stealth, nomod][stealth, mod, @focus] Sap; [nostealth, nomod][nostealth, mod, @focus] Gouge
    Try this one.
    (It's just Taurenburger's one but I fixed a typo "," instead of ";")

Just tested this on my druid (using different abilities obviously) and it works for me at least.
    thats really weird, same bug with the focus gouge

---------- Post added 2012-09-16 at 09:23 PM ----------

What if I split it up in 2.

One macro for gouge and sap (depending on stealth)

and another for focus gouge and focus sap (depending on stealth)

I can't see any reasons in the macro why focus Gouge wouldn't work.

Are you making sure your focus is facing you when testing?
    Are you sure that focus sap works? If it doesn't you most likely have something else keybound to Shift+<macro keybind>.

Here's a more character efficient macro, though in terms of functionality it should be exactly the same as madorable's macros.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@focus,stealth,mod][stealth] Sap; [@focus,mod][] Gouge

Hi there, is there a possibility to make a macro preferable for frostfirebolt which would include drinking flask of draconic mind if i dont have it already?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feii View Post
    drinking flask of draconic mind if i dont have it already?
    Macros can't check for buffs.