Deleted
    Is it possible to make a macro that will lit up when it procs? (using blizzards build in spell flash)

i tried this:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /start attack
    /cast Howling Blast
    But it doesnt light up when it procs, is there any way to make it so?

Quote Originally Posted by Metabolic View Post
    Is it possible to make a macro that will lit up when it procs? (using blizzards build in spell flash)

i tried this:
    -snip-

But it doesnt light up when it procs, is there any way to make it so?
    First, startattack is one word so it's

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Howling Blast
    And if you use default Blizzard actionbars use: Light My Macro

If you use any actionbar mod like Bartender, Dominoes, Macaroon etc, AND PowerAuras then use: Power Auras Classic: Buttons

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    Thanks for the help guys, ill see what works Light my Macro works with Dominos, thanks for the tip
    Last edited by mmoc472dad4eb1; 2011-05-02 at 07:00 PM.

How would i register a slash command in my addon?

is it possible to make raise dead+death pact castsequence macro to reset only if pet is dead or may be if no pet use raise dead if pet is alive use death pact?

Deleted
    not sure about the sequence, but the second could work like
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [pet] death pact; raise dead

Shift malfunction

I have a problem that I'm hoping you guys can help me out with. I've been using a macro on my warrior that allows me to charge or taunt my mouseover using a modifier. It was working fine a few days ago, but now it only taunts. After some experimentation, I figured out that it wasn't recognizing that I was holding the shift key. In fact, non of my modifier keys are recognized. Shift works when typing in game. I can still cast Running Wild, which is bound to Shift-r. I can't, however, get my modifiers to work in macros, while creating new key binds, or when trying to use key binds that already existed (other than Running Wild). I'm using the Razer Naga, and most of my key binds are attached to that. I thought that maybe it was just the use of modifiers while using the mouse buttons, which is why Shift-r still works, but as the realms are down right now, I can't test that. Any thoughts?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    So with the arival of 4.1 my shaman's enhance set is mostly done, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a macro that casts Flame Shock with no mod, and then fire nova when pressing shift + key or something of the sort.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip [mod:shift] Fire Nova; Flame Shock
    /cast [mod:shift, harm] Fire Nova; [harm] Flame Shock

Place it into a slot with required key-bind. Check if I got the spelling right for the spells. Make sure there are no shift+your key binds already. You can change the mod to alt or ctrl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamadin View Post
    So with the arival of 4.1 my shaman's enhance set is mostly done, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a macro that casts Flame Shock with no mod, and then fire nova when pressing shift + key or something of the sort.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod] Fire Nova; Flame Shock

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post

Place it into a slot with required key-bind. Check if I got the spelling right for the spells. Make sure there are no shift+your key binds already
    Thank you very much.

Deleted
    #showtooltip will show the correct tooltip without an argument

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    #showtooltip will show the correct tooltip without an argument
    hm, didn't know that , is it a new feature?

Deleted
    hm, didn't know that , is it a new feature?
    not new as far as I know. It will change to the spell that is triggered under the current circumstances. also works with castsequence macros.

I require some assistance getting around the new AOE ground target issue with this last patch. I was wondering if anyone here knew if it was possible to launch a ground targeted spell with a macro instead of activating the reticule with the macro press and then having to click the location. I would like ground targeted spells to fire at my mouse's location when I press the button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    not new as far as I know. It will change to the spell that is triggered under the current circumstances. also works with castsequence macros.
    Yeah, but how will it behave with [harm] condition? What will it show if a friendly is selected? Afaik it will show a red question mark as an icon and no tooltip. Is it not so now?

Quote Originally Posted by flamejackal View Post
    I require some assistance getting around the new AOE ground target issue with this last patch. I was wondering if anyone here knew if it was possible to launch a ground targeted spell with a macro instead of activating the reticule with the macro press and then having to click the location. I would like ground targeted spells to fire at my mouse's location when I press the button.
    That's not possible

Quote Originally Posted by Lucoire View Post
    i'm looking for a macro that does:

• mount seahorse when i'm swimming and in Vashj'ir and not mounted
    • mount anzu when solo and not swimming in Vashj'ir and not mounted
    • mount chopper when in party/raid and not swimming in Vashj'ir and not mounted
    • dismount when mounted.

The only part I dont have in my macro is in the party / raid bit, if servers were up I'd get you my macro.

You could do this in two parts, one macro for the ground mounts logic, and one for the rest of it, and then use another macro that clicks on those buttons on your bars based on the logic for flyable / swimable etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribs View Post
    I have a problem that I'm hoping you guys can help me out with. I've been using a macro on my warrior that allows me to charge or taunt my mouseover using a modifier. It was working fine a few days ago, but now it only taunts. After some experimentation, I figured out that it wasn't recognizing that I was holding the shift key. In fact, non of my modifier keys are recognized. Shift works when typing in game. I can still cast Running Wild, which is bound to Shift-r. I can't, however, get my modifiers to work in macros, while creating new key binds, or when trying to use key binds that already existed (other than Running Wild). I'm using the Razer Naga, and most of my key binds are attached to that. I thought that maybe it was just the use of modifiers while using the mouse buttons, which is why Shift-r still works, but as the realms are down right now, I can't test that. Any thoughts?
    What OS are you using? I believe I read something about a known issue with 4.1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    The only part I dont have in my macro is in the party / raid bit, if servers were up I'd get you my macro.

You could do this in two parts, one macro for the ground mounts logic, and one for the rest of it, and then use another macro that clicks on those buttons on your bars based on the logic for flyable / swimable etc.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Mount_macros

look for "Random Smart Mount with Sea Horse (WORKING)"

Deleted
    Save your breath, I've already answered the question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    /run local n=(IsSwimming() and GetRealZoneText()=="Vashj'ir") and 40054 or (GetNumPartyMembers()>0) and 32286 or 22222 for i=1,GetNumCompanions("MOUNT") do if GetCompanionInfo("MOUNT",i)==n then CallCompanion("MOUNT",i) break end end
    What you need to do:
    Insert the creature ID for Anzu. Use this script:
    Code:
    /run for i=1,GetNumCompanions("MOUNT") do print(GetCompanionInfo("MOUNT",i)) end
    Replace the "22222" in the macro above by the number it says to the left of Anzu's mount name.

Also, if your toon is horde, you'll have to do the same with the chopper's creatureID - replace the "32286" in the macro (that's the alliance chopper cID).

Besides, the macro's untested.