Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarta View Post
    Hey everyone!
    I have a little question: is it possible to make such a thing as conditional emotes? As example, what I'm trying to do is a "Grimoire of Sacrifice"-macro. What I have so far is:

#showtooltip
    /target pet
    /laugh
    /cast Grimoire of Sacrifice

I now want to expand this simple macro, to performe different emotes depending on which pet is sacrified, e.g. /spit the imp, /laugh cpt. Blueberry, /pet the felpuppy and /kiss the sukkubus.
    Not 100% sure and can't test it atm, but you can put in your pet as a conditional, so it should work like

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /kiss [@pet, pet:Succubus]
    /spit [@pet, pet:Imp]
    /pet [@pet, pet:Felhunter]
    /laugh [@pet, pet:Voidwalker]
    /cast [@pet] Grimoire of Sacrifice
    /golfclap
    I'm not sure if I spelled all the pets correctly, and if GoS actually needs a target, but it should work like this in general.
    You could also expand the macro to call a pet if you don't have one, but that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /kiss [@pet, pet:Succubus]
    /spit [@pet, pet:Imp]
    /pet [@pet, pet:Felhunter]
    /laugh [@pet, pet:Voidwalker]
    /golfclap
    No, I'm sorry does not work this way, I'm afraid. It now /kiss at no target (interestingly) no mather which pet currently is active. And just to clarify, you don't ned a target for GoSac, nevertheless thanks for your try! Any other suggestions?

Deleted
    Something like this, maybe? I don't think emotes take target value conditionals.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /kiss [pet:Succubus]pet
    /spit [pet:Imp]pet
    /pet [pet:Felhunter]pet
    /laugh [pet:Voidwalker]pet
    /golfclap none

Hey everyone!
    I have a little question: is it possible to make such a thing as conditional emotes? As example, what I'm trying to do is a "Grimoire of Sacrifice"-macro. What I have so far is:

#showtooltip
    /target pet
    /laugh

I now want to expand this simple macro, to performe different emotes depending on which pet is sacrified, e.g. /spit the imp, /laugh cpt. Blueberry, /pet the felpuppy and /kiss the sukkubus.
    Code:
    /run DoEmote(SecureCmdOptionParse("[pet:imp]SPIT;[pet:voidwalker]LAUGH;[pet:felhound]PET;[pet:succubus]KISS;NOSEPICK"),"pet")

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    Code:
    /run DoEmote(SecureCmdOptionParse("[pet:imp]SPIT;[pet:voidwalker]LAUGH;[pet:felhound]PET;[pet:succubus]KISS;NOSEPICK"),"pet")
    That's almost what I'm looking for, it performs the different emotes now depending on which Pet is active, but like I have no target. E.g. with the Felhunter I get "blabla wants to be petted." instead of "blabla pets [insert blabla's Felhunter's name]".

I found something in the official Forum concerning this http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1951409231
    It seems, that DoEmote expects an actual name, but as it seems a player's name? Any further suggestions?

Something I already tried, is to change the UnitID from "pet" to "focus" and setting the pet to focus first, didn't work that way either.

That's almost what I'm looking for, it performs the different emotes now depending on which Pet is active, but like I have no target. E.g. with the Felhunter I get "blabla wants to be petted." instead of "blabla pets [insert blabla's Felhunter's name]".

I found something in the official Forum concerning this http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1951409231
    It seems, that DoEmote expects an actual name, but as it seems a player's name? Any further suggestions?

Something I already tried, is to change the UnitID from "pet" to "focus" and setting the pet to focus first, didn't work that way either.

Wouldn't this work (not at home to test)?

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /kiss [@{PETNAMEHERE},pet:Succubus]
    /spit [@{PETNAMEHERE},pet:Imp]
    /pet [@{PETNAMEHERE},pet:Felhunter]
    /laugh [@{PETNAMEHERE},pet:Voidwalker]
    /golfclap

OR

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /kiss [pet:Succubus] {PETNAMEHERE}
    /spit [pet:Imp] {PETNAMEHERE}
    /pet [pet:Felhunter] {PETNAMEHERE}
    /laugh [pet:Voidwalker] {PETNAMEHERE}
    /golfclap

Just replace '{PETNAMEHERE},' with whatever your actual pet's name is. My succubus is 'Azrael' so for me it would be '/kiss [@Azrael,pet:Succubus]'.
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2014-01-15 at 07:08 PM.

Didn't see this sticky before posting, Sorry

Hey there MMO Community. Im coming back after a long break, I had an addon before where on my chat box, if I were to press the arrow key UP it would go to my previous sent message. If I kept pressing up on the arrow key, it would go through older and older messages i've sent.

Does anyone know what addon this was or maybe a certain function i need to have enabled? for example

/2 LF Arenas Partner - blah blah blah

...wait 3 minutes no responses

press enter

press Up key

message is there (/2 LF Arenas Partner - blah blah blah)

Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /kiss [@{PETNAMEHERE},pet:Succubus]
    /spit [@{PETNAMEHERE},pet:Imp]
    /pet [@{PETNAMEHERE},pet:Felhunter]
    /laugh [@{PETNAMEHERE},pet:Voidwalker]
    /golfclap

OR

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /kiss [pet:Succubus] {PETNAMEHERE}
    /spit [pet:Imp] {PETNAMEHERE}
    /pet [pet:Felhunter] {PETNAMEHERE}
    /laugh [pet:Voidwalker] {PETNAMEHERE}
    /golfclap

Just replace '{PETNAMEHERE},' with whatever your actual pet's name is. My succubus is 'Azrael' so for me it would be '/kiss [@Azrael,pet:Succubus]'.
    No, I'm sorry, conditional emotes doesn't work this way, even the simple macro

Code:
    /kiss [pet:Succubus]
    /spit [pet:Imp]
    /pet [pet:Felhunter]
    /laugh [pet:Voidwalker]
    does not work, e.g. perform the different emotes depending on the pet.

Yeah, so replace the "pet" part with UnitName("pet") and it should probably work.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post

Hey there MMO Community. Im coming back after a long break, I had an addon before where on my chat box, if I were to press the arrow key UP it would go to my previous sent message. If I kept pressing up on the arrow key, it would go through older and older messages i've sent.

Does anyone know what addon this was or maybe a certain function i need to have enabled? for example

press enter

press Up key

Now you have to press ALT + UP in order to scroll up. Stupid change. I use ElvUI and ElvUI ChatTweaks. Others have had the same change so I think it's a Blizzard thing and not an add-on thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    Now you have to press ALT + UP in order to scroll up. Stupid change. I use ElvUI and ElvUI ChatTweaks. Others have had the same change so I think it's a Blizzard thing and not an add-on thing.
    I believe it's always been Alt+Up with default UI? I run into that issue everytime I start up on PTR =P Sounds like an addon change.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    I believe it's always been Alt+Up with default UI? I run into that issue everytime I start up on PTR =P Sounds like an addon change.
    It's been so long since I've run without addons, I don't even remember what default did. I'll have to check it out. Maybe there's a new setting that I somehow missed in my setup that turns it back to just UP. I noticed it first when either 5.0 or 5.2 came out, somewhere around there is when it became ALT + UP for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    Yeah, so replace the "pet" part with UnitName("pet") and it should probably work.
    No, did not work either, nevertheless I found a solution. I left the optional part and just added a "/target pet"-line:

Code:
    #showtooltip Grimoire of Sacrifice
    /target pet
    /run DoEmote(SecureCmdOptionParse("[pet:imp]SPIT;[pet:voidwalker]LAUGH;[pet:felhunter]PET;[pet:succubus]KISS;NOSEPICK"))

It now works perfectly. Nevertheless thanks for all your help!

No, did not work either, nevertheless I found a solution. I left the optional part and just added a "/target pet"-line:

Code:
    #showtooltip Grimoire of Sacrifice
    /target pet
    /run DoEmote(SecureCmdOptionParse("[pet:imp]SPIT;[pet:voidwalker]LAUGH;[pet:felhunter]PET;[pet:succubus]KISS;NOSEPICK"))

It now works perfectly. Nevertheless thanks for all your help!
    Nice. I made a few more tweaks since I didn't want to lose my current target if I have one (granted now I'd lose my focus but I can handle that) and avoids the random emote on myself or current target and target/focus clearing if I happen to hit it without having a pet out.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopmacro [@pet,noexists]
    /focus
    /tar pet
    /run DoEmote(SecureCmdOptionParse("[pet:Imp]Spot;[pet:VoidWalker]Flex;[pet:FelHunter]crack;[pet:Succubus]Kiss;Roar"))
    /tar focus
    /clearfocus
    /use Grimoire of Sacrifice

Rather than burn your focus, you can use `/targetlasttarget` to switch back to where you were before you hit up your pet. Saves clearing focus if you ever need that sitting on something.

Deleted
    Ah! I didn't think about the option to use a script. Combined effort takes the cake
    I changed codeconqueror's macro to not make you lose the focus:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /tar pet
    /run DoEmote(SecureCmdOptionParse("("[pet:imp]SPIT;[pet:voidwalker]LAUGH;[pet:felhunter]PET;[pet:succubus]KISS;NOSEPICK")"))
    /targetlasttarget
    Edit: Slippycheeze said it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Ah! I didn't think about the option to use a script. Combined effort takes the cake
    I changed codeconqueror's macro to not make you lose the focus:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /tar pet
    /run DoEmote(SecureCmdOptionParse("("[pet:imp]SPIT;[pet:voidwalker]LAUGH;[pet:felhunter]PET;[pet:succubus]KISS;NOSEPICK")"))
    /targetlasttarget
    Edit: Slippycheeze said it as well.

There was a reason I had it set that way. Originally I used targetlasttarget but there was some scenario that didn't work the way I wanted it to. I can't think of it off hand right now but I remember having a reason to change it to use the focus swap. I'll have to retest again tonight and refresh my memory as to why I did that.

*** FOLLOWUP ****

I think it was before I added StopMacro and got the updated DoEmote line from Sarta. So, it was a remnant from testing that I didn't bother to re-evaluate once it was working. TargetLastTarget is the better solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post

press enter

press Up key

I just checked and there's an option to disable the ALT requirement in ElvUI Chat Tweaks for this but it has no effect. Some kind of update happened a while back that is causing it not to work and it seems like ElvUI Chat Tweaks isn't the only addon to get hit by it.

*** FOLLOW UP ****

Apparently it was a feature change in WoW in 5.4. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10103220323

This addon restores the functionality: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/crappychatfix
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2014-01-17 at 11:33 PM.

Deleted
    TLT will only provide issues if you had nothing targeted beforehand (it'll still revert to your previous target).

Deleted
    Is it possible to have a macro that casts psyfiend to the location of the mousecursor instantly. Having to manually target is ultra hard when you have 0,2 seconds between stuns.

If it is not possible through macros, what about mouse macros? I made a simple macro that does this, so Psyfiend is instantly cast wherever my mouse cursor happens to be. I felt dirty after using it and I'd like to know if this is considered botting, or otherwise a bannable offense.

The macro is very simple, cast psyfiend, click mousebutton. Nothing more.

No, not possible with a macro.

Not botting really, but it is creating two inputs from your one which is against the ToS and is therefore bannable. That does not necessarily mean they would ban you for using it, though.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer