Can anyone help me clean up my ambush/backstab macro. Coming back to Sub after a long break and this is what I used to use:

#showtooltip [stance:1/2] Ambush; [stance:0] Backstab;
    /cast [stance:1/2, nomod] Ambush;
    /cast [form:0, nomod] Backstab;
    /cast [modifier:shift] Rupture
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Hemorrhage

It works, but it just looks.... clunky. I tried to clean it up to something like:

#showtooltip
    /use [stance:1/3, nomod] Ambush; Backstab

But it won't fire off the Rupture or Hemo. I played with it a bit more and got it to where it would use rupture but only if I was in stealth at the time, which isn't really all that helpful. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by caseman View Post
    Can anyone help me clean up my ambush/backstab macro. Coming back to Sub after a long break and this is what I used to use:

#showtooltip [stance:1/2] Ambush; [stance:0] Backstab;
    /cast [stance:1/2, nomod] Ambush;
    /cast [form:0, nomod] Backstab;

It works, but it just looks.... clunky. I tried to clean it up to something like:

#showtooltip

But it won't fire off the Rupture or Hemo. I played with it a bit more and got it to where it would use rupture but only if I was in stealth at the time, which isn't really all that helpful. Any ideas?

Macros go in order, so where you have '; Backstab', there is no conditional on Backstab, meaning it will always try to Backstab unless you're in stance 1/3 with no modifier selected. The other 2 never fire, because the macro never gets to that point. Even if you're holding shift, you still meet the requirements you've set forth for Backstab. You can fix it a couple of ways, but I would probably just write it backward from what you have.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl] Hemorrhage
    /use [mod:shift] Rupture

Quote Originally Posted by Rarch View Post
    Macros go in order, so where you have '; Backstab', there is no conditional on Backstab, meaning it will always try to Backstab unless you're in stance 1/3 with no modifier selected. The other 2 never fire, because the macro never gets to that point. Even if you're holding shift, you still meet the requirements you've set forth for Backstab. You can fix it a couple of ways, but I would probably just write it backward from what you have.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl] Hemorrhage
    /use [mod:shift] Rupture
    That makes sense, and it works perfectly. Thank you!

mouseover macros

Hi, So I'm a mistweaver monk and use mostly mouseover macros.

Currently I use
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover] Enveloping mist
    The problem I've been having with this macro is that if the person I'm targeting is out of range, the mouseover macro'd abilities won't cast because the target is out of range, even if the person I'm moused over isn't. I had noticed that this doesn't apply to my soothing mist and renewing mist, but surging and enveloping mists won't cast, which can be quite troublesome at times. Is there a macro that I can make to prevent this? or do I just have to make sure I'm targeting someone in range. (When I say someone I mean either a player or enemy that im targeting)

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to use [mod:shift] with marking scripts?

This doesnt work
    Code:
    /script SetRaidTarget("mouseover",8)
    /script [mod:shift] SetRaidTarget("mouseover",7)
    Also is it possible to mark the current target if there is no mouseover?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    modifier with that syntax works with macros, not script

Code:
    /script if IsShiftKeyDown() then SetRaidTarget("mouseover",7) else SetRaidTarget("mouseover",8) end

Ok, Macros are hard for me for some reason - I'm trying to make a simple macro for my misdirection - I want to be able to type in the tanks name in the macro so it the misdirect will automatically go to tank - I tried a couple different ones and they don't seem t work - thank you

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    you could chance the name in it every time or put the tank as focus then cast MD on the focus (this is my preferred option)

Code:
    #showtooltip Misdirection
    /clearfocus [button:2]
    /cancelaura [button:2] Misdirection
    /stopmacro [button:2]
    /focus [help]
    /stopmacro [help]
    /cast [exists, @focus] Misdirection; [exists, @pet] Misdirection
    right click will clear the focus (just in case i need to), click while you have a friendly target will put him on focus, clicking while you have an aggressive target (or no target at all) will cast MD on focus or on your pet if you have no focus

but if you really want to type:
    Code:
    /targetexact "tank name without quotes"
    /cast Misdirection
    /targetlasttarget

is there a way to get #showtooltip to run down a list of items and pull the first one on said list you have in your bag?

Want to combine healthstones and healing tonics into 1 button, if I have a healthstone, showtooltip and use that, else use the tonic details. Healthstone above tonic in the list but always shows healthstone even when you dont have one.

Hey, guys. I was wondering if there was a way to make a one-button macro that casts and clicks an AOE reticle (like Ravager or Cataclysm or Shadowfuiry) with one click? I'm having some trouble with them and now I dread having to use them because I always manage to untarget or target a different mob or what have you. It would be a lot of help if I could just middle-click somewhere and cast it.

Thank you!
    Last edited by thefrankto; 2015-02-23 at 07:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    modifier with that syntax works with macros, not script

Code:
    /script if IsShiftKeyDown() then SetRaidTarget("mouseover",7) else SetRaidTarget("mouseover",8) end
    Thank you very much.

Is it possible to add a second parameter in SetRaidRarget? Something like SetRaidTarget("mouseover","target",7) to mark target if there is no focus?

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Thank you very much.

Is it possible to add a second parameter in SetRaidRarget? Something like SetRaidTarget("mouseover","target",7) to mark target if there is no focus?
    This should work (a little bit consolidated):

Code:
    /run local a,b=UnitExists("mouseover") and "mouseover" or "target",IsShiftKeyDown() and 7 or 8 SetRaidTarget(a,b)
    This prioritizes mouseover and uses target if you have no mouseover.

Quote Originally Posted by thefrankto View Post
    Hey, guys. I was wondering if there was a way to make a one-button macro that casts and clicks an AOE reticle (like Ravager or Cataclysm or Shadowfuiry) with one click? I'm having some trouble with them and now I dread having to use them because I always manage to untarget or target a different mob or what have you. It would be a lot of help if I could just middle-click somewhere and cast it.

Thank you!
    Not doable. However, you can use a script to bind one keyboard key to set off the cast after getting the "aoe reticle", so you would have to just hit the key twice instead of hitting it once and selecting the target area with the mouse.
    Last edited by Crudor; 2015-02-23 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudor View Post
    Not doable. However, you can use a script to bind one keyboard key to set off the cast after getting the "aoe reticle", so you would have to just hit the key twice instead of hitting it once and selecting the target area with the mouse.
    You should be aware that Blizzard have explicitly said that you need two *separate* hardware events for spells like that. So, as far as they are concerned using AutoHotKey, or "hardware macros", or whatever are in the same category as botting, violate the ToS, etc. (Will they catch you and/or care? Maybe not, but make an informed decision about this. Also, don't assume they only watch for software that triggers this stuff, most of this sort of detection is "behaviour based" these days.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    You should be aware that Blizzard have explicitly said that you need two *separate* hardware events for spells like that.
    Pressing the same key twice qualifies as two separate hardware events. If you could just press (and hold) the button once to do this, or something like that, it would violate the ToS.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Pressing the same key twice qualifies as two separate hardware events. If you could just press (and hold) the button once to do this, or something like that, it would violate the ToS.
    I stand corrected. I didn't even realise this was possible in-game, since blue posts have said they expect it to be a mouse event. (Which I hate with a passion, BTW. BTW "drop defile at my feet" for my DK.) Anyway, yes, that seems to be entirely ToS compliant, and I will try and remember it for the next time this is asked for.

Hey there.

Currently running an interrupt macro which interrupts my focus target, but I need the same macro to also be able to interrupt my current target, when my focus target isn't "Furnace Engineer".

Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Currently running an interrupt macro which interrupts my focus target, but I need the same macro to also be able to interrupt my current target, when my focus target isn't "Furnace Engineer".
    You can't do this. Blizzard, by design, don't make it possible to do different things based on what you are targeting other than "helpful" or "harmful" (or "dead"), because they want you to make that sort of decision yourself.

That said, what you *can* do is either update the macro to change focus target when you use a modifier key, or to target a specific thing, interrupt, and then /targetlasttarget with a modifier key. Those might meet your needs.

I have a different focus in that phase where I have to use Counter Shot. I guess I can't avoid creating a new keybind, so I'll just run a modifier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be possible to make a macro to cast Zen Sphere on myself, but if I already Zen Sphere on me, cast it on a focus target instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feesh View Post
    Would it be possible to make a macro to cast Zen Sphere on myself, but if I already Zen Sphere on me, cast it on a focus target instead?
    No, there's no conditional for whether you or any other unit has a buff or debuff.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.