10+ Year Old Account
    Hi there. Feral Druid looking for a few (hopefully) easy tweaks to the macros I'm running.

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Bear Form(Shapeshift); Skull Bash(Bear Form)

I want to add Cat Form Skull Bash to this macro, on the same command key as the Bear. At the moment. CtrlE is Bear form and E is Skull bash. But I want E to also be Cat form Skull bash *if* I'm in Cat form.

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Cat Form(Shapeshift); Feral Charge(Bear Form)

Same thing here. I want to Add Cat form Feral Charge to the macro.

-----

Cheers in Advance.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Bear Form(Shapeshift); [form:3]Skull Bash(Cat Form); Skull Bash(Bear Form)
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Cat Form(Shapeshift); [form:1]Skull Bash(Bear Form); Skull Bash(Cat Form)
    I did some quick testing, these should do what you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Nope, such a thing doesn't exist. However, there's an "Interact with Unit" key binding you can set.
    Is it possible to have a keybind trigger 2 different activities. I searched the APIs for macros and Lua, but perhaps someone has an addon or something that would allow me to map the "Interact with Unit" to the same keybind as "/targetlast" so you can loot recently dead mobs.

Better still, is there any addon/script that stops you from dropping your target when it dies? This would be preferable

Hey I'm looking for a macro to cast remove curse (or any other spell for the matter) on mouseover. (And if it is possible if nothing is there, cast it on myself). Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuird View Post
    Hey I'm looking for a macro to cast remove curse (or any other spell for the matter) on mouseover. (And if it is possible if nothing is there, cast it on myself). Thanks!
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,help][help][@player][] Remove Curse
    Remove [help] if you really don't want it for the current target.

Is there some sort of macro that would let you cast a spell when you push a button down, then cast another spell when you release that key?

Friend wants to be able to hold down a button, switch into fox aspect during it and then when he releases, goes back to hawk.

I'd be surprised if there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuird View Post
    A macro can't decide what to do based on what buffs/debuffs are on anyone. You have have to make a macro with modifiers and whatnot for that, for example a macro that tries to decurse your mouseover, then if he's not friendly it tries to decurse your target, and if he also is hostile is decurses you. This is what squeeze posted above, but you have to understand that if, say, your mousever was friendly, it would cast the spell on him even if there was nothing to remove. The alternative to that would be a macro with modifiers (for example, it does something different if you hold shift when you activate it).

Quote Originally Posted by Goulashia View Post
    Is there some sort of macro that would let you cast a spell when you push a button down, then cast another spell when you release that key?
    As far as I'm aware neither macros nor scripts can detected whether the mouse button is going up or down (if you just clicked or just released the button) anymore, so that wouldn't be possible. And I believe even back when scripts had access to that, you couldn't decide what action to do based on it. So I don't think what you want can be done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goulashia View Post
    Friend wants to be able to hold down a button, switch into fox aspect during it and then when he releases, goes back to hawk.

I'd be surprised if there is.
    Code:

/run if ActionButtonDown() then CastSpellByName(“Aspect of the Fox”) else if ActionButtonUp() then CastSpellByName(“Aspect of the Hawk”) end
    "API functions that addons can only call from a hardware event (i.e. the user clicking a button), but not from OnUpdate/OnEvent handlers"

These APIs are all protected since 2.0.1, and I've never had cause to use it myself. This means they cannot be triggered by some event that happens (health dropping below X), but I don't see why they cannot be tied to an action that the players initiates himself. In the above script, they are only used to check state, so it is possible it might work. I'm not home to try this myself, but you can give it a shot

Perhaps there are people who have tried this already.

Deleted
    You can in fact change the button to react to multiple key presses - however you cannot assign different actions to keyup and keydown (see SecureActionButtonTemplate for details).

---------- Post added 2011-02-17 at 10:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Code:

/run if ActionButtonDown() then CastSpellByName(“Aspect of the Fox”) else if ActionButtonUp() then CastSpellByName(“Aspect of the Hawk”) end
    "API functions that addons can only call from a hardware event (i.e. the user clicking a button), but not from OnUpdate/OnEvent handlers"

These APIs are all protected since 2.0.1, and I've never had cause to use it myself. This means they cannot be triggered by some event that happens (health dropping below X), but I don't see why they cannot be tied to an action that the players initiates himself. In the above script, they are only used to check state, so it is possible it might work. I'm not home to try this myself, but you can give it a shot

Perhaps there are people who have tried this already.
    Protected functions cannot be called by anything except secure (digitally signed, e.g. Blizzard) code.
    H-req functions cannot be called outside the execution path of a hardware event.

Details.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post

Protected functions cannot be called by anything except secure (digitally signed, e.g. Blizzard) code.
    H-req functions cannot be called outside the execution path of a hardware event.

Details.
    wowpedia needs a little updating then :P
    Last edited by mmoc8d1df16656; 2011-02-17 at 10:28 AM.

Im looking for macro that would change which spell is displayed depending which form im in. For example if im in bear form i want 1 to be bear mangle, but when im in cat form id want it to be cat mangle. Is such thing even posible without bar swaping?

Deleted
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form:1]Mangle(Bear Form); Mangle(Cat Form)
    Set the icon to the "question mark" (first icon in the macro icon list).

Hi!

Simple question really, I searched but unfortunately don't have time to go through all the results :P

I'm looking for a mouseover macro that would (obviously) cast an ability on my mouse target, but cast it on myself when I hold Alt (I'm a healer)

I have the mouseover part down like this: (minus the [mod:Alt] part, and the brackets for spells)
    #showtooltip (spell)
    /cast [@mouseover][mod:Alt] (spell)
    After that I sort of lose the plot a little :P

Deleted
    Code:
    /cast [mod:alt, @player][@mouseover, exists][help] (spell)
    Added [help] so it would heal your current selected friendly target if you have no mouseover.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Code:
    /cast [mod:alt, @player][@mouseover, exists][help] (spell)
    Added [help] so it would heal your current selected friendly target if you have no mouseover.
    Excellent, thanks

Deleted
    Does anyone know the macro to move the alternative power bar for atramedes/cho'gall? i saw the macro here once but i cant find it

Quote Originally Posted by Andaja View Post
    Im looking for macro that would change which spell is displayed depending which form im in. For example if im in bear form i want 1 to be bear mangle, but when im in cat form id want it to be cat mangle. Is such thing even posible without bar swaping?
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [form:1] Mangle(Bear Form); [form:3] Mangle(Cat Form);

Hi there - I'm trying to interrupt my focus target, announce that I have done so, and then target my previous target:

/showtooltip
    /aftercast /s -> Kadas kicked"..%t.."in the face! <-
    /cast [target=focus] Rebuke
    /targetlasttarget

First (obvious) question: is the above correct?
    Second: Is there a way to only announce if the interrupt actually successfully interrupted a spell instead of if it is successfully cast?
    I suck at this and greatly appreciate any help

Deleted
    Hi, question about tank macro

#showtooltip Barkskin
    /cast Barkskin
    /raid Barkskin used 20% less damage 12sec
    /in 12 /raid Barkskin down

whats wrong with this macro ? why doesnt it count down and then say Barkskin down

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Hi, question about tank macro

#showtooltip Barkskin
    /cast Barkskin
    /raid Barkskin used 20% less damage 12sec
    /in 12 /raid Barkskin down

whats wrong with this macro ? why doesnt it count down and then say Barkskin down
    You don't have any command that initiates a countdown. the # line and /cast line are normal for display and casting, the /raid line just announces that you cast it, and the /in 12 line delays the last /raid message

If you use DBM, add this someplace in the macro
    Code:
    /dbm broadcast timer 12 Barkskin
    That will however only display to those that use DBM.