Cool Edited: Cool thought up shaman abilities!

This is a remake of my resent post about some abilities i thought up for shamans, this post is just fixing those ideas to make them seem more "balance" and original.

Abilities:

Earths Shell-3 min CD this ability allows the shaman to fuse with mother earth and be protected for 5 seconds, while your being protected mother earth heals your wounds for 25% mana. This ability also holds you in place for the duration.

Crater -2 min CD this ability lowers all the ground within the targeted area for 6 seconds, whatever enemies within the area when the ground goes down are trapped in the crater for the 6 seconds. While this ability is up it keeps your earthbind totem on CD till this ability is over.

Eruption-2 min CD this ability grants a volcano at your feet and enemies near the volcano are snared and all fire damage is increased by 20%, also this volcano can be used as a pillar for line of sight. last 6 seconds. While this ability Shares a CD with Crater.

Glyphs:

Spirit walkers grace-while spirit walkers grace is up you are unable to be snared.

Hex-reduces CD of hex by 15 sec and while the enemy is hexed they are snared 50% speed while hexed.

Storm strike-instantly applies 1 maelstrom stack.

Unleashed weapon-allows weapon enchant also with this ability.

Earth shield-While earthshield is up that player gets 10% reduction from all magic spells.

Lavalash-when you lavalash you apply 10% healing reduction on your enemy.

Talents:

Mud Shield-this allows water shield to stack with earth shield.(resto)

Earths Grace-each time you earh shock you refresh your current shocks on your enemy.(ele)

Heavy Wind-increases wind shears duration by 2 seconds but also increases the CD by 6 seconds.(enh)

Lighting Strikes twice-each time your chain lighting CRITS it reduces your thunderstorm CD by 2 seconds.(ele)

Spiritual life saver-everytime your earhshield proks you have a 50% chance for the earth shield to grant its instant heal and for the shield to dissolve slowly and you get a small heal overtime for 6 seconds.(resto)

Please post and have respect for everyones opnions! And if you have ideas for a class you play please share and be respectful to others.

thanks, ShamanWiz!
    Last edited by ShamanWiz; 2010-09-16 at 09:59 PM.
    s5-2.4k s6-2.2k s7-2k s8-2.1k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybvdzSgUQ4 Haters man...

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShamanWiz View Post
    Glyphs:

Spirit walkers grace-while spirit walkers grace is up you are unable to be snared.
    Like, gimme.
    Hex-reduces CD of hex by 15 sec and while the enemy is hexed they are snared 50% speed while hexed.
    Like as well, but the application of a snare doesn't quite work for me. Could be handy though
    Storm strike-instantly applies 1 maelstrom stack.
    I feel this should be baseline, in fact Stormstrike and Lava Lash should both provide this baseline.
    Unleashed weapon-allows weapon enchant also with this ability.
    I don't understand this. You mean that it can proc Windfury and stuff?
    Earth shield-While earthshield is up that player gets 10% reduction from all magic spells.
    Nice, simple, and balanced because it's only on a single target. Yet 10% is alot! Imagine the power of this in raids
    Lavalash-when you lavalash you apply 10% healing reduction on your enemy.
    Cool but not really shaman like.
    Earths Grace-each time you earth shock you refresh your current shocks on your enemy.(ele)
    This basically means that if the target doesn't move, and we stack enough haste, we can eliminate Flame Shock from our rotation.
    Heavy Wind-increases wind shears duration by 2 seconds but also increases the CD by 6 seconds.(enh)
    Excellent. But increasing it by 4 seconds would make it on par with kick etc, but since it's ranged i agree on 6 seconds.
    Lighting Strikes twice-each time your chain lighting CRITS it reduces your thunderstorm CD by 2 seconds.(ele)
    Very nice since the high mana cost of Chain Lightning could be off-set by more Thunderstorms, but they want Elemental to DPS from a range so this is quite unlikely to make it.
    Spiritual life saver-everytime your earhshield proks you have a 50% chance for the earth shield to grant its instant heal and for the shield to dissolve slowly and you get a small heal overtime for 6 seconds.(resto)
    Do you mean that it will heal for less and instead provide a smaller instant heal with a coupled Healing over Time? Please explain.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    Like, gimme.

Like as well, but the application of a snare doesn't quite work for me. Could be handy though

I feel this should be baseline, in fact Stormstrike and Lava Lash should both provide this baseline.

I don't understand this. You mean that it can proc Windfury and stuff?

Nice, simple, and balanced because it's only on a single target. Yet 10% is alot! Imagine the power of this in raids

Cool but not really shaman like.

This basically means that if the target doesn't move, and we stack enough haste, we can eliminate Flame Shock from our rotation.

Excellent. But increasing it by 4 seconds would make it on par with kick etc, but since it's ranged i agree on 6 seconds.

Very nice since the high mana cost of Chain Lightning could be off-set by more Thunderstorms, but they want Elemental to DPS from a range so this is quite unlikely to make it.

Do you mean that it will heal for less and instead provide a smaller instant heal with a coupled Healing over Time? Please explain.
    Thanks for the reply, the unleash weapon glyph is just you can apply enchants on also cause ive been hearing roomers about you cant apply an enchant with unleash on or somthing.
    Along with that the earth shield idea its just a hot really is all AFTER the earth shield instant heal prok, i dont wanna mix up the hot with the instant heal.
    For the earth shock thing its pretty much saying this, if you have flame shock on your enemy and u use earth shock it refreshes it or if you have frost shock it refreshes it or even both along with the earth shock debuff itself, i think it would be amazing imo.
    Last edited by ShamanWiz; 2010-09-17 at 02:29 PM.

Loads of shaman spell ideas I've had:

Earthen Shell:
    Bursts all the Earth Shield charges at the same time, creating a shield that absorbs damage to an amount equal to the amount that the Earth Shield charges would have healed for. Lasts 30 seconds. In addition, reduces damage taken by the target by 10%.

Cleave of the Mist:
    Whirls in a circle dealing 100% weapon damage to nearby enemy targets and affecting them with Frostbrand. In addition, creates a mist around you for 6 seconds which reduces the chance spells and attacks will hit you by 5%.

Lycanthropy:
    You immobilize yourself for 3 seconds in order to attain a Spirit Wolf form. After 3 seconds you are transformed into a Spirit Wolf, which has 30% increased movement speed and spells and abilities done against you have a 10% chance to miss. You can only use Shamanistic Rage, Spiritwalker's Grace and Feral Spirit while in this form. In addition, dodge chance increased by 40%. Attack Power is also increased by 10%. Lasts 12 seconds.

Wind Walk:
    Instantly jumps behind an enemy target, causing your next spell to deal 15% more damage and also makes you immune to damage for 3 seconds. In addition, slows fall speed for 20 seconds if not used on an enemy target.

Stormhammer:
    Tosses your main-hand weapon at an enemy target causing 100% weapon damage and stunning it for 3 seconds.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lavalash-when you lavalash you apply 10% healing reduction on your enemy. Cool but not really shaman like
    I don't see how having Lava stuck on your body WOULDN'T constantly have an effect on lowering the healing you're receiving.

Wind Walk:
    Instantly jumps behind an enemy target, causing your next spell to deal 15% more damage and also makes you immune to damage for 3 seconds. In addition, slows fall speed for 20 seconds if not used on an enemy target.
    I remember the thread that this was being pitched and developed in and I STILL think it sounds like amazing fun. Damage immunity, however, is a hard nut to crack. I would suggest a damage reduction along with perhaps only a 5-10% damage increase to the next spell (LvB would be insanely OP with both this and EM active...linking the CD's could provide a necessary nerf while still allowing a higher +dmg %).

I think the Mist spell sounds cool, albeit a little warrior-ish in nature. I would prefer a Water totem that I could detonate in a way similarly to Fire Nova that would provide that same Mist buff if I was close enough, and debuff to enemies close enough to it.

I am not sure if you understood after your previous topic, but your suggestions aren't wanted by any other class than shamans themselfs (and maby pve heros) as they would create gigantic imbalances, even in this "less OP" the spells would still be completely retarded.

If I am honest, the only "balanced" skill/glyph/talent you listed there would be:
    And perhaps the Hex glyph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    I am not sure if you understood after your previous topic, but your suggestions aren't wanted by any other class than shamans themselfs (and maby pve heros) as they would create gigantic imbalances, even in this "less OP" the spells would still be completely retarded.

If I am honest, the only "balanced" skill/glyph/talent you listed there would be:

And perhaps the Hex glyph.
    This.
    ShamanWiz is probably just a kid who doesn't understand the mechanics of WoW, and why there isn't shit like this in the game now >_>.

Exactly key word is "now"...I said these are for cataclysm and no I'm not some kid each season I've been playing this I hit 2k minimum in arena, exp with all classes at 80s in pvp and pve. And I've been playing for 4 years.
    Please don't assume stuff that shows your lack of respect and curtious to others.

This goes for Naraga also.