Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wink Guesses on Cata Cinematic

As title says, just wanna hear your guesses on how cata cinematic is going to look like.

Gnomes should appear now.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that it will show Varian and Garrosh each rallying massive Alliance/Horde troops into a battle, then as the battle begins showing the new class combos and some scenes with the new races, Deathwing will fly over the giant battlefield and crazy @#$* will happen.

Kinda like Warcraft cinematic with the burning legion.
    Watch the weather change...

Deleted
    I hope it will go something like this:

Some tranquil looking landscapes, sunset, calm ocean and bold colours of various zones. You listen to whispers echoing and past battles of C'Thun and Yogg Saron then in the darkest of places within Deepholm you see two bright glowing fiery red eyes, Deathwing awakens from his slumber, he soars high and rips through some rocks on the way to the world pillar and the surface.

The cinematic then cuts to an ocean scene as Deathwing erupts from Deepholm into Azeroth.

Then you see the carnage unfold around Azeroth, utter destruction, quakes with buildings collapsing as well as the big gaping chasms emerge in the earth splitting the land. Some other various scenes with races fleeing in disarray of what's happening. Some lore characters like Alexstrasza, Ysera, Varian & Thrall are left onlooking as Deathwing lands on some notable building in Azeroth crushing it, flames and lava all around the vicinity and then Deathwing lets out a deafening roar his wings spread high into the sky which are so large it casts shadows across the land - http://aigon.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/ss39_hires.jpg then it cuts to the Cataclysm logo.

It won't happen like this but we'll see how good it is soon I imagine.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Deathwing

In recent years, the whisperings of the Old Gods have gotten worse; the Old Ones' dread power steadily increased as C'Thun and Yogg-Saron stirred from their ancient slumbers, and the growing influence of the Old Gods has magnified Deathwing's power ten-fold. From within his lair in the elemental plane of Deepholm, Deathwing has awoken from his slumber and literally erupted into the world. His explosion into Azeroth was so powerful that it caused earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and floods, reshaping the very face of the world. No region has remained untouched in the wake of the devastating Cataclysm.
    Last edited by mmocae040fe99f; 2010-09-17 at 03:46 AM.

I want to see werewolves. And then Deathwing tearing up Stormwind. And then werewolves again.

That's about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    My guess? It will be directed by Michael Bay!

For starters, the whole thing will be narrated by Deathwing. It'll start out going over the fallacy of mortals and how they ultimately destroy everything that the titans created. We'll see clips of things like night elves playing with arcane magic, the alliance and horde fighting, the sieges on gnomeregan and echo isles, a bit of the battle at the wrathgate, goblins fighting alliance, and worgen turning into worgen. Then Deathwing will make a rant about how as the earthwarden it was only logical that to do his job and protect azeroth that he would have to rid the world of mortals. Queue the exiting weather channel-eque Cataclysm bits ending with DW attacking SW directly.

Fade to black and we get Deathwing's new tag line. Think "You are not prepared". I'm thinking something like "the time has come" or "I will save Azeroth..... from itself". I kinda like the idea of Deathwing "doing his job".

It's just a two minute clip of Deathwing looking at his to-do list

Step 1. Kill everybody
    Step 2. Reforge world in molten flame.
    Step 3. Bang Alexstrasza and Ysera.
    Step 4. Get really high.
    Step 5. Party for ten thousand years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's how I think the Cataclysm cinematic intro should go:
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    omg <3
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    /thread

I hope we will see Deathwing wake up and raze hell through Deepholm, then destroy the world pillar and fly off.
    And then maybe the cinematic can phase in and show different races (like the vanilla one).

Maybe see a battle between the horde and alliance going on in SW, and the battle get interrupted, when the ground goes dark, and people look to the skies and see Deathwing approach. Everyone run, and you see the park get destroyed.. Maybe a few people in the area fall to their deaths.

I dont know.. Could be cool. hehe

It will show the worgen transforming...a goblin blowing something up...a couple of mixed classes and races...and then deathwing.

My guess is that at least part of the cinematic will involve Deathwing's attack on Stormwind, with him landing on the battlements, doing a badass roar with wings spread (leaving the claw marks that can be seen on the Beta).

---------- Post added 2010-09-17 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    It's just a two minute clip of Deathwing looking at his to-do list

Step 1. Kill everybody
    Step 2. Reforge world in molten flame.
    Step 3. Bang Alexstrasza and Ysera.
    Step 4. Get really high.
    Step 5. Party for ten thousand years.
    This, but with glimpses into each item on the list...lingering on 3

oh, wait, they'd all get it on in dragon form, wouldn't they? crap, my brain...
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaInsane View Post
    Gamon: Tell them only that Hogger is dead.

i think it's going to be similar to the bc cinematic, with emphasis on worgen and goblin, and a scene of deathwing at the beginning/end. don't want to get into too much detail because I still want to be a little surprised by it

Guyz he is talking about scenematic not about cutscene's...You will prolly see worgen and goblin appear's and in the end u will prolly hear deathwing's voice...I have returned...This world is now...MINE! *Flames on the screen from deathwing writing World of Warcraft...Cataclysm).
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

Deleted
    Factions fighting in zones trying to get control over it etc etc..
    Deathwing ofc
    Lots of Fire
    Hopefully something aimed towards the vanilla cinematic

My sides...... they hurt so bad... the laughter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Casual gamer is bound by self limitation. Hardcore gamer is stopped only by outside limitations (such as jobs/school, stuff that is necessity).

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakerplay View Post
    Hopefully something aimed towards the vanilla cinematic
    Made me think: take some of the original Vanilla cinematic, but changed
    Show the dwarven hunter slain, pan across to an allied group of the Three Hammers fighting against a Horde advance.
    The Night Elf druid and Orc warrior standing back to back against rogue elementals or black dragons.
    Worgen and goblins each shown in some way as joining their respective factions...

And through it all, Deathwing talking about how futile the armies of pathetic mortals are and Alexstraza giving an opposite argumement.

End with him saying something like: "In the end, does it really matter, sister? For I shall see to it that they all BURN!" and then breath flame across the camera.
    Fade to black.
    Cataclysm logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaInsane View Post
    Gamon: Tell them only that Hogger is dead.

Here's kind of shot by shot of what I think the cinematic will be:
    Shot 1: The Maelstrom is seen swirling and churning the water crashes against the large rocks before a flash of lightning comes crashing down into the eye and Deathwing's silhouette shoots through, roaring while with the orange tear coming right after from the elemental plane. You'll see Deathwing's reflection race across the water as he races towards Stormwind.

Shot 2: It's almost day break at Stormwind as Deathwing's shadow flies over the city and people start running for cover. Deathwing soars over the park and blasts it to cinders with one large flame breath before landing on the front towers. With one large roar he collapses the the mountain side where the park, and an island is seen raising up from the ocean not far from Stormwind Harbor.

Shot 3: A flythrough of the Barrens shows the large fissure racing through across the zone, splitting it horizontal, the large cliff walls of the Shimmer Flats collapses and water pours in.

Shot 4: Thrall wakes up in a cold sweat as lighting strikes right outside the newly rebuilt city of Orgrimmar where a few orcs stand guard. It shows Thrall with the gathered members of the Horde, Vol'jin, Cairne and Garrosh all present as well as many trolls tauren and orcs. Thrall renounces his position as Warchief and steps aside as Hellscream. As Thrall leaves Orgrimmar in his shamanistic robes, it fades to Garrosh in his throne room, Gorehowl raised over his head to crowd that's clearly divided in the direction of where the Horde is going.

Shot 5: A quick glimpse of Gilneas and Kezzan. You see the Forsaken start to march on Gilneas, which is shrouded in thick mist, Sylvannas leading the charge from Silverpine while Worgen stalk the surrounding woods. Kezzan is shown seconds before it erupts and sinks into the ocean as the goblins barely make it off, with the final eruption of Kezzan going black and the World of Warcraft logo coming up, flashing red and cracking with Cataclysm being spelled out as if filled in with molten rock.

EXPLOSIOOOOOON!!!!!!

I Vote Yes to This!