Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

What will ICC be in 4.0?

Anyone have any idea as to what ICC/ICC HM's will be like when 4.0 hits live on all realms? I heard of the epic lawls that was NPC's and Bosses receiving 30% Buff(which is obviously not going live). But I have not heard much of anything since that. Was wondering if it becomes as easy as Hyjal/Black Temple became with 3.0.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggletard View Post
    Anyone have any idea as to what ICC/ICC HM's will be like when 4.0 hits live on all realms? I heard of the epic lawls that was NPC's and Bosses receiving 30% Buff(which is obviously not going live). But I have not heard much of anything since that. Was wondering if it becomes as easy as Hyjal/Black Temple became with 3.0.
    Well they are receiving a 30% buff but really they are removing the 30% ICC buff.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggletard View Post
    It will be forgotten.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmanjack View Post
    It will be forgotten.

Psh too much nostalgia, from "Angry poo poo" to Textsfromlastnight.com's "BOOOONESTORM!" to be forgotten, as well as URNGE WEAPON

I just mean in pre cat 4.0, like with Burning Crusade the 3.0 Patch opened up a whole new raiding experience with the ability to power through content with new talents.

It might end up being harder, but blizzard will fix that quickly

remember Sunwell Plateu/Black Temple? yeah that

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

On the PTR, it is actually harder.

The 30% buff is gone (probably a bug), aoe tps has been nerfed for all tanks, and with most of the trash mobs being aoe, problems will arise. CC in ICC maybe? And it seems the damage of all the mobs has been increased.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail

Quote Originally Posted by DerpderpHAMMA View Post
    remember Sunwell Plateu/Black Temple? yeah that
    but we aren't getting that same buff, so no..not that.

A little bird told me that after 4.0 ICC would become easier, the buff wouldn't be removed and players could "farm" ICC before Cata launches. Some people would think the idea was to farm ICC for leveling gear but as the last two expansions have shown, end level gear today becomes pretty useless almost right away in new expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by retadin View Post
    Some people would think the idea was to farm ICC for leveling gear but as the last two expansions have shown, end level gear today becomes pretty useless almost right away in new expansion.
    Not the last two expansions. Not at all. Naxx / AQ40 gear lasted you till late SMV / entry heroic / early Karazhan gear, while Sunwell / BT gear was used to clear whole T7 raids with. Infact, while T4 was replaced pretty soon, everything above and including T5 lasted you till Naxx drops.

It's actually first time in Cata that the high end (264 / 277) gear is being rendered obsolete before the end of the leveling process.

Last time I tried it on the PTR, the trash was 2 shotting the tanks. They'll probably just get rid of the 30% buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelarius View Post
    Not the last two expansions. Not at all. Naxx / AQ40 gear lasted you till late SMV / entry heroic / early Karazhan gear, while Sunwell / BT gear was used to clear whole T7 raids with. Infact, while T4 was replaced pretty soon, everything above and including T5 lasted you till Naxx drops.

It's actually first time in Cata that the high end (264 / 277) gear is being rendered obsolete before the end of the leveling process.
    actually, you are both right AND wrong. Right, regarding that most TBC raid gear, T5 and above, lasted ppl well into WotLK. Especially the hardcore raiders used quite a few pieces from TBC to clear the T7 content the first few times. Vanilla gear on the other hand did NOT last that long into BC, mainly because of the huge STAM changes and true reliance on DEF ratings, and other combat ratings during TBC. Most AQ40 and Naxx40 gear got obsolete quite fast, especially for tanks and melee. In Cata this is going to once again be the case , and I for one am all for it. The ICC epics are getting old now, I WANT new loot, regardless of whether its green, blue or even WHITE! :P

i hope blizzard breaks it.im so tired of that place

Quote Originally Posted by Trifande View Post
    actually, you are both right AND wrong. Right, regarding that most TBC raid gear, T5 and above, lasted ppl well into WotLK. Especially the hardcore raiders used quite a few pieces from TBC to clear the T7 content the first few times. Vanilla gear on the other hand did NOT last that long into BC, mainly because of the huge STAM changes and true reliance on DEF ratings, and other combat ratings during TBC. Most AQ40 and Naxx40 gear got obsolete quite fast, especially for tanks and melee. In Cata this is going to once again be the case , and I for one am all for it. The ICC epics are getting old now, I WANT new loot, regardless of whether its green, blue or even WHITE! :P
    Only reason Melee gear got obsoleted, and why so many good melee switched to ranged classes, was due to the 360 degree cleaves. The only classes where AQ40/Naxx40 gear got obsoleted was the tanks, all the other classes actually could use T2 and up all the way to Karazhan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post
    On the PTR, it is actually harder.

The 30% buff is gone (probably a bug), aoe tps has been nerfed for all tanks, and with most of the trash mobs being aoe, problems will arise. CC in ICC maybe? And it seems the damage of all the mobs has been increased.
    This, the people talking about how it will be a walk through are just full of it. They obviously haven't tried it on the ptr. Go give it a shot, better yet try it as a tank and give it a shot. Then talk about how easy it is. Though that could just be because I'm a paladin tank (now referred to as lolpaladinsgotwtfpwnedbyblizz, long name but some of the others I've heard are about blizz criting paladins for over 9000 nerf damage etc)

If things stay as is, warrior tanks will have a blast, since their threat sucks n all, just sayin, squirrelaids