Deleted

Mage hitrating on the PTR

Oke this may sound like a noobish question, and i ask this from a mages point of view ( but i assume it would count for other classes aswell ), anyway i was wondering, on the PTR am i correct that we dont need hitrating anymore or something? I played arcane for a long time now and as we all know, it doesnt need that much hit as lets say the fire spec.
    Now im wondering, i played firespec on the PTR, tested a bit my dps on the dummys ( yes the boss-dummy-version ) and i noticed that you dont spec into hit and all, but it seems like it isnt needed to have 17% hit for fire anymore.
    To make a long story short....am i right that with the current hit on live servers its enough hitrating to play fire on the PTR?

Well, all talents and debuffs are gone so I assume you need 17% from gear, which is not a big deal for fire as 1 or 2 pieces can fix it, but arcane will need to gather a lot more hit.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Yes you still need the same amount of hit, but casters also get Hit from Spirit now so it's not that hard to get capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Yes you still need the same amount of hit, but casters also get Hit from Spirit now so it's not that hard to get capped.
    That's only true for hybrids. Pure caster classes only get hit from hit rating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Well, all talents and debuffs are gone so I assume you need 17% from gear, which is not a big deal for fire as 1 or 2 pieces can fix it, but arcane will need to gather a lot more hit.
    well my current hit on live is 10% from gear or something like that. but if i use the exact gear and spec fire, look at that schematic sort of thing with all your stats, and it shows all mobs from lvl range 80-83 i have a 0% chance to miss. and lvl 84 mobs would give me a 4% chance to miss. so a bit confused still.

---------- Post added 2010-09-22 at 02:00 PM ----------

ye but when is someone a hybrid? since i spent a couple of points in the other specs after like 28 or so (jjust giving a example) in arcane. does that count as being a hybrid or not i wonder?

---------- Post added 2010-09-22 at 02:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    not rly tbh. 17% is imo quite some amount to reach (not counting fearie fire etc). but this would mean we should get more hitrating gear to reach cap as of next patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanos2300 View Post
    well my current hit on live is 10% from gear or something like that. but if i use the exact gear and spec fire, look at that schematic sort of thing with all your stats, and it shows all mobs from lvl range 80-83 i have a 0% chance to miss. and lvl 84 mobs would give me a 4% chance to miss. so a bit confused still.

---------- Post added 2010-09-22 at 02:00 PM ----------

ye but when is someone a hybrid? since i spent a couple of points in the other specs after like 28 or so (jjust giving a example) in arcane. does that count as being a hybrid or not i wonder?
    IIRC hybrids are shammies, SP's etc, to allow them to waer thier healing gear and still benifit from all the stats, even if it wont be optimal, it will be usable.

As Esrgoode said, hybrids are the classes that can fullfil different roles like one spec for dps, one for healing etc. Shamans, Shadow Priest and Druids being the prime classes for the spirit to hit conversion.

15+ Year Old Account
    17% is what you need from gear at level 80, or around....400 rating. It's not that hard to get really, just reforge some hit on your gear.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    17% is what you need from gear at level 80, or around....400 rating. It's not that hard to get really, just reforge some hit on your gear.
    tnx

Is reforging active on the PTRs now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeN656 View Post
    Is reforging active on the PTRs now?
    Indeed.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Indeed.
    ye just found the reforge dude, works rly handy if you ask me. so the hit problem in this case for me is called solved from now
    on a side note, it seems that both arcane and fire spec now require to have 17% hit. so on some point fire hasnt rly changed it that, but arcane did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanos2300 View Post
    ye just found the reforge dude, works rly handy if you ask me. so the hit problem in this case for me is called solved from now
    on a side note, it seems that both arcane and fire spec now require to have 17% hit. so on some point fire hasnt rly changed it that, but arcane did.
    All casters require 17% hit to be capped, some trees just have more hit talents than others.
    BfA Beta Time

Something a bit odd about this...maybe I'm just missing something here, but under my Hit Rating it shows your chance to miss against level 80, 81, 82, and 83/boss and for me it says 0.00% for all of them, yet I still miss once in a while against the Boss test dummy. I dunno if this is something with the Hit Rating, or with the dummy itself or what.

That is odd. Are you seeing misses while Mirrors are up, or on like your main nukes? Mirrors don't scale your hit rating, last I knew.

I made sure it was mine. I spammed Ice Lance just to see and I saw a few misses during the time. I got different gloves with Hit Rating and not I don't miss, so I guess it's a mess up with that window.

Reforge all your spirit to hit, and if you need more hit to reach 17% go with INT + HIT in your blue sockets. Not sure if changing all Crit to Mastery and using Mage armor is worth it beyond that though.

---------- Post added 2010-09-26 at 06:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kyoharu View Post
    Something a bit odd about this...maybe I'm just missing something here, but under my Hit Rating it shows your chance to miss against level 80, 81, 82, and 83/boss and for me it says 0.00% for all of them, yet I still miss once in a while against the Boss test dummy. I dunno if this is something with the Hit Rating, or with the dummy itself or what.
    Its just a bugg, Ive had it happen, log out and back in or reload ui etc

My understanding is not only are my arcane hot talents going away, but the VE/Misery is going away as well.

Is it definite that the Dranaei 1% heroic presence is going away as well? I heard rumors but nothing confirmed.

The Dranaei +hit % racial is now a self buff; it is no longer a group buff, so only Dranaei will benefit from it.