Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So... hit rating in 4.0

Just wondering what is going on with hit rating. Are we gaining any natural +hit from our progression in the shadow tree, or will we be stuck with the "4xx" hit cap without misery etc.

If anyone could shed some light on the situation that would be wonderful.

I'm really hoping that the spirit-to-hit talent will remove my need for extra hit, and I can do a bit of reforging.

Thanks!

Also, to make this post more interesting, here is a picture of a cat drowning in his own litter.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

i personally hope that spriests will actually share the same gear with priest healers due to the spirit-to-hit change...meaning that in shadow gear when im attempting to heal,the only thing ill be lacking would be t11 bonuses, gems and reforging, not the nessesary mp5...in that case a shadow focused priest can help out with healing without having a spare healing gear....

The concern I'd have with this would be if hit on gear is given equal itemization points per budget as spirit. In other words, if two same ilvl pieces were identical except one had 100 hit, the other 100 spirit. Anyone know if this is the case?

This would create a real issue where caster dps with a 1:1 spirit->hit conversion will be as interested in needing / rolling on either piece, diminishing the 'loot pool' for healers who really only gain the most benefit from the spirit version. Obviously this shouldn't be a problem for people instancing / raiding with a guild or group progress mentality where gear will be normally prioritized to those for whom it is primarily designed, but is cause for concern in both LFD randoms and other pug groups where people are often more self-focused.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Judging by loot lists i've seen so far I'm pretty sure that 1 spirit = 1 hit in terms of item budget. Just check the loot list for blackrock cavern. Most items for the same slot have same amount of ratings and spirit (some items has some variation like +10% to one secondary stat (ratings and spirit) and -10% to other).
    This means that shadowpriests will prefer spirit over hit, since they can use spirit gear for healing. So i guess that hit gear will go to mages and warlocks and spirit gear will be priest only (regardless of spec). Of course after you're hit capped shadowpriest would go for no-hit/no-spirit gear and holy/disc would still collect spirit for regen. So i think there is more chance to get drama about shadowpriest needing hit gear over mage/lock, then about needing spirit gear over holy/disc priest.

Quote Originally Posted by exeq View Post
    This means that shadowpriests will prefer spirit over hit, since they can use spirit gear for healing. So i guess that hit gear will go to mages and warlocks and spirit gear will be priest only (regardless of spec). Of course after you're hit capped shadowpriest would go for no-hit/no-spirit gear and holy/disc would still collect spirit for regen. So i think there is more chance to get drama about shadowpriest needing hit gear over mage/lock, then about needing spirit gear over holy/disc priest.
    Spriests will only prefer spirit-gear over hit-gear if they have a healing off-spec, otherwise, they may as well use those 2 pts in veiled shadows for instance or paralysis for solo grinding.

my 2 cents

Twisted faith talent is also 2% shadow spell damage, so probably all priest will get gear with spirit. Do not forget about reforging, as long as the cost to reforge is not too expensive, it would be beneficial for priests to get gear with spirit on it and just reforge the spirit into haste or crit, maintaining enough spirit/hit to be hit capped when they dps, and switch it back to spirit for healing if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    Spriests will only prefer spirit-gear over hit-gear if they have a healing off-spec, otherwise, they may as well use those 2 pts in veiled shadows for instance or paralysis for solo grinding.

my 2 cents
    Sure. I just forgot that not every one has pve healing offspec :P So probably if someone is shadowPVE/healingPvP or just double shadow you will get more freedom in choosing talents when you have Hit gear. But i think majority of priest choose spirit gear. At least for heroics you'll get group faster when you have healing offspec. But it;s player's preference. One will choose hit, one will choose spirit, and there will be always some other guy that calls those priests ninjas either way :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    The concern I'd have with this would be if hit on gear is given equal itemization points per budget as spirit. In other words, if two same ilvl pieces were identical except one had 100 hit, the other 100 spirit. Anyone know if this is the case?
    I would not worry about this scenario, because the spirit -> hit conversion only happens for Balance Druids and Elemental Shaman, and both through talents. This will only happen for the appropriate Leather and Mail gear, and my understanding is that +hit caster Leather and Mail will simply not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Popesickle View Post
    Twisted faith talent is also 2% shadow spell damage, so probably all priest will get gear with spirit. Do not forget about reforging, as long as the cost to reforge is not too expensive, it would be beneficial for priests to get gear with spirit on it and just reforge the spirit into haste or crit, maintaining enough spirit/hit to be hit capped when they dps, and switch it back to spirit for healing if necessary.
    didn't see that change indeed, but since veiled shadows reduce fiend cd, and fiend dmg is supposed to scale with our sp, wonder if that wouldn't balance it out in the end.

well, from what i've read, Spriests don't have any mana trouble so far, so maybe that'll favor twisted faith in the end, otherwise, some might prefer veiled shadows now that Spriests won't have access to meditation.
    on the other hand, replenishment and/or SW: D via masochism may provide enough regen to not worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I would not worry about this scenario, because the spirit -> hit conversion only happens for Balance Druids and Elemental Shaman, and both through talents.
    But... but.. Twisted Faith 0_o

Quote Originally Posted by Popesickle View Post
    Reforging on PTR is like 12gXXs per item, restoring is free. Right now I have like 23% hit, which is pretty stupid actually.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I would not worry about this scenario, because the spirit -> hit conversion only happens for Balance Druids and Elemental Shaman, and both through talents. This will only happen for the appropriate Leather and Mail gear, and my understanding is that +hit caster Leather and Mail will simply not exist.
    Umm... except it's not just moonkin and ele shaman, it's also shadow priests. Hence why it's a topic in the priest forum ;-) And it actually will have some impact on all healers in that there will be equal value taken by three specs from hit and spirit gear for dps purposes (presuming they take the talent). Armor pieces aside, I expect we'll still see other slot items such as rings, necks, and cloaks that will have spirit attractive to these hybrid dps casters.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Am i the only one laughing at that pic
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Since there is only 1 class that will need Cloth Spirit gear, it should not be a problem.

As other have mention. You will pick up the spirit gear, use as much spirit as you need for hit, and the reforge the other to Master, Crit or Haste. Plane and simple. You will not have to share gear with Mages and Locks. Just watch out for those Paladins. Thank God the implemented the bonus for wearing only the gear your supposed to.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic View Post
    You will not have to share gear with Mages and Locks.
    There's nothing to say that they won't have to share with you, though. If a piece is better itemised, or even if it drops first, the Shadow Priest can cherry pick their way through drops of the full armour specialization when no other class or spec can.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic View Post
    Since there is only 1 class that will need Cloth Spirit gear, it should not be a problem.

As other have mention. You will pick up the spirit gear, use as much spirit as you need for hit, and the reforge the other to Master, Crit or Haste. Plane and simple. You will not have to share gear with Mages and Locks. Just watch out for those Paladins. Thank God the implemented the bonus for wearing only the gear your supposed to.
    that won't prevent any pally/sham/druid to continue rolling on cloth items if the itemization compensate for the loss of the armor specialization bonus (which was around 5% int?), not to mention reforging may also help them have these items fit their needs even more.

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    that won't prevent any pally/sham/druid to continue rolling on cloth items if the itemization compensate for the loss of the armor specialization bonus (which was around 5% int?), not to mention reforging may also help them have these items fit their needs even more.
    It's not 5% int off one piece, wearing a single piece of cloth drops them of 5% total Intellect.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It's not 5% int off one piece, wearing a single piece of cloth drops them of 5% total Intellect.
    one really good new implementation... i always was pissed to all this sham/pally/druid role on BIS cloth gear

10+ Year Old Account
    you need 1741 hit raiting to be capped (17%). there are no talents +hit% and there will be no draenei +1% hit aura

Love the picture
    Can't say much on topic at this point..
    But on the beta you also need to swim (not in the litter)