Question REROLL NEW class for cata! HELP

Hey, I'm trying to figure out which class i might want to roll in cata. I'm thinking only dps for the moment. Death Knight, Warrior, Mage or possibly Lock. I'm looking for fun and high/mid high dps.

Any suggestion?

And I know the dps at beta isn't final. So can we work with what we got?

Heroic leap looks pretty fun.

If you want to be badass at the same time doing dps, just role a warrior

I personally wouldn't go for any physical dps class, some caster looks way more fun to me, I'd roll a warlock
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Mage for sure! They are pretty fun already, and Cata is making them even better

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire Mages looking to be pretty damn fun in Cata. Makes me want to level my 70 Mage.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Warriur! puppy leap ftw

15+ Year Old Account
    Alone on the mountainside, breathing the clearest winds...
    I have to vote mage as well. Fun utilities (portals), Great CC (Polymorph), a new Bloodlust (woot), and let us not forget, UBER dps.

Deleted
    Troll durid ofc! You can dps as melee or caster, get tired of that you can tank or turn in to a tree and heal! Win!

Deleted
    i would say, oly a pure dps if you are able to learn the class mechanics like decurse as a mage or sheep. if you want to have short waitings for lfg try a tank oder healer and if you are good at this youll have a lot of fun promised.

my problem as a tank is that today'S dps are 95% very bad in skill . means no mage know how to decurse no warlock wknows how to banish feighn death at hunters is a dps loss and so on. so if you really want to play dps you must be sure to do such things and willing to learn the complete class not just the dps part.

my favorite dps = mage

Don't reroll warrior, they won't be FOTM. And unless you've played it for a while you'll be dissapointed, especially if you're a casual player.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

If you like having to walk uphill both ways, struggle throughout the entire expansion until you can have your hands on bis gear, having absolutely minimum raid utility thus being the least populated class in raid comp (aka the loot is prioritized for other classes - this is being kinda solved in cataclysm though with the removal of leather benefits) but with massive potential for major wreckage, roll warrior.

If not, roll dk. I would if it wasn't for many long hours I've put into warrior.
    Last edited by Grimsdott; 2010-09-23 at 11:06 AM.

credits: Supernerd

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks and mages are pretty awesome. I have an 80 warrior, 80 DK, 80 lock , 80 priest, 60 rogue, 60 mage (RAF whored quite a bit ;P) and warlocks are the most interesting to play, all 3 specs have very different playstyles. I haven't played an 80 mage but a lot of ppl really enjoy them for many of the same reasons I stated for the lock + they are not balanced around pets so seem to eek out more damage, nothing is more frustrating that your pet getting gibbed by some "random target" attack like the Frostbolts from the VOA trash and then being petless for a while and your dps plumets.

Maybe its me personally but I do not enjoy melee dps as much as range dps, shoving your head up the bosses ass and 4-5min at a time with crappy visibility due to spell effect clusterbomb isn't that great.
    Last edited by Devlin1991; 2010-09-23 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griefel View Post
    don't reroll warrior, they won't be fotm. And unless you've played it for a while you'll be dissapointed, especially if you're a casual player.
    qft
    Give me the strength to change what I can, the patience to accept what I cannot, and the calm, sane disposition I need to avoid ripping the heads off people who say stupid things when I'm around.
    ----------
    Hokey religions and QQ posts are no match for a good moderator at your side, kid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Threads like this aren't allowed... especially when you post the same exact thread in four different forums.