10+ Year Old Account

Fury leveling help?

So I'm leveling a warrior, and I just hit 60. I was told to go fury at 60 (was arms previously) because of Titan's Grip, so I did. Can someone give me a brief overview of how to level as fury, because I'm totally lost.

Current spec is this. If someone could tell me what second major glyph to use, that'd be great too.
    Last edited by Zantumall; 2010-09-26 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Added spec
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    i actually prefer arms for leveling. with fury you just use bloodthirst, whirlwind, heroic strike to dump rage, and instant slam procs.

Armored To the Teeth and Imp. Cleave are much easier and direct damage improvments over bloodsurge since instant slams still cost rage. Also imp. Beserker and imp. bloodrage are good for leveling since rage is always a problem with soloing. Enrage is also decent if your questing since with 5/5 its a 10% damage boost. As your second glyph use WW glyph since it lowers the CD by 2 sec and thats your most powerful attack.
    Either way your spec looks pretty good and if your not having any problems with rage then I would keep it as in and fill in Attt and imp. cleave as you level and get more points.

15+ Year Old Account
    All of the above is correct. Your job is to Bloodthirst and Whirlwind on cooldown, working in Slam procs when you can and Victory Rush. The spec itself is quite boring, but it works very well and hits hard.

If you're up for some fun, work it such that you have two targets at a time (self-healing will get you through it), pummel casters, and position yourself so that when combat is over you can stance-dance/charge macro to another 2 mobs.

R.I.P. YARG

If you want to level as Fury take Blood Craze (not that sure about that, leveled my warr before heirlooms existed) and Enrage

When i leveled up my warrior, i stuck with Arms til 70 (as you get access to more hit gear at that point) and i went fury from 70 -> 80 i tried fury at 60, and i found that i missed way more then i wanted to and i didnt kill as fast as i did with arms.
    Oh hi

Blood Craze and Enrage are useful for leveling as Fury since you will be getting hit prolly critted.... Glyph of Bloodthirst for extra healing leads to lil downtime.

Keep in mind you'll need decent amounts of hit to make Fury superior to Arms.

My first advice would be to go prot, my warrior is 78 and I've levelled as prot since 40, but I've had fury as an off-spec since 70 and arms before that. Occasionally I'll quest as fury when I get bored and its noticeably slower, I take a lot more damage (keep in mind I'll go through a lot more instances then someone who queue's exclusively as a dps, so my gear is better) and even though its faster to kill 4 or less mobs, there's more downtime, its slower with more mobs (if you can survive) and because of the high rage costs of bloodthirst and whirlwind and poor rage generation at lower gear levels you'll find your rage bar going down quickly and either up very quickly or not at all. Despite the attention you'll have to pay to your rage its still pretty boring when you spend a lot of time killing mobs.

If I haven't put you off what you want to do is use this priority system Bloodthirst>Whirlwind>Bloodsurge procs>heroic strike/cleave if you have the rage. If you have the rage means both, if you have enough to use cleave, but also will you have enough to use Bloodthirst and Whirlwind when they come off cooldown. You'll quickly get a feel for when to use heroic strike or cleave and to be honest that's the only challenge there is to playign fury.