Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Really love this buff! I'm really not a big fan of wolves though, seems hard to make appear more often too without getting too overpowered. I mean, 50% wolf uptime is abit much.

I think the major problem is we need to do better vs other melee classes. In 1v1 situations we can kite around abusing our ability to use spells at range but in arena when toe to toe with a melee opponent that is not effective.

Also totems... 100 Yards is abit much but 50-60 yards would really please me.

100 yard range for buff totems wouldn´t be to much. it´s exactly what others have, but immobile.
    100 yard range for pvp utility totems would be another story ofc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I think Blizzard should change the Tremor Totem type (and its name, to fit the new totem type), because even though our Stoneclaw Totem has been buffed, it can't affect our main defensive totem, because they're both Earth Totems.

I would be fine with allowing all shamans to have a passive totemic reach which allows their totems to affect party/raid members @ 50 yards. It would solve PvE and PvP issues imho.

After all those months of shaman tears blizzard finaly made a good job and removed our instant Shamanistic QQ from our spell list.

The only obvious things they should fix now is Searing Totem, 20 yard is pretty lame in PvP, and maybe increase the range of most of our totems to fit other classes 100y auras.

Otherwise i don't think shamans will have much problems PvPing in cataclysm.

I've been doing arenas in WotLK and we were doing good. The only classes i could say we were weak against were MM hunters and Disc priests. I was teaming with a holy pally and an arms warrior for 2v2.

We may not have much CC, but with purge and slowdowns/root from frostshock/icebrand, stoneclaw giving us a shield on a kinda low CD (as someone pointed out it would be best if stoneclaw stacked with our spellpower/max health) and some other totems, we have good over-the-board abilities.

But then it might be hard to judge until Cataclysm comes live

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah but saying 20 yards is pretty lame is debatable. you have a lot of free gcd's come xpac. youll have time to drop searing totems ( and now the mana pool to do so) though i guess those gcds might be better suited spamming purge.... WHO KNOWS

It's got nothing to do with GCDs. It's the fact that we rely on an immobile (easily LoSable) relatively slow reacting/stacking, killable (5hp STILL....) totem for such a large portion of our damage. I don't play ele but I'd be pretty pissed if I had to stop what I was doing just to run in to drop a totem... That's not a balance issue.. that's just an annoyance issue. It should be fixed. All totems should be 100 yards. If not, please make all boss rooms and battleground areas no larger than our totems' range, thanks =]