Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As early as Oct 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    4.0.1 on oct 12th then i guess
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw the ending of the current arena season, here's to hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakavys View Post
    Does anyone else notice the MASSIVE destruction damage boost? 55% more on immolate coupled with 100% conflags + glyph and talents could put out 33k crits at 80.
    Would be funny to see those huge crits at 80, but the thing you're forgetting is that they are rebalancing basically EVERYTHING and the way everything works. I'm sure that the numbers will be balanced and overall a Destro lock will do the same damage as everyone else. Also, not sure if you looked over it or not, but its a bump to BASE damage, not AS huge of a deal (although by today's standards, yeah, pretty big).

Remember when wrath was about to hit and paladins got to 'double dip' ap into spellpower for the first time and everyone was like WTF IS THIS? There was a short time where all you saw was retadins lol... it'll pass even if it is big.

Quote Originally Posted by lanceb View Post
    still no changes about the warriors extreme lack of dps and threat gain...
    starting to get abit anoying when my tank cant hold agro when tanking more than 2 mobs... im tanking icc on my normal server but struggles alot on the ptr hc's...
    Previous patch post listed Defensive stance doing +100% threat instead of +50%, numpty.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

I am no priest but didnt they add mindspike so you'll have something to spam in situations where mobs die too fast to dot up? Whats the point of threat increase O_o
    Also just remove solar beam and give boomkins a decent interrupt, it was a nice idea but clearly too hard to balance, it'll either end up too powerful or plain useless.

This is not an affliction nerf, it's mostly a clarification. You cannot copy Immolate for example, you can only copy shadow spells.

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Previous patch post listed Defensive stance doing +100% threat instead of +50%, numpty.
    yes i know that, but its broken, numpty
    the warriors threat when multitanking on the ptr is almost non existant, singletargets is no probs
    paladins have simmilar issues with RF, we just dont gain enough threat to keep up with the large amount of agro the dps do.
    even a healers have a higher threat gain than the tanks...

15+ Year Old Account
    Nerf thy Boomkin!!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really tired of other non traditional tank classes having spells and abilities that causes a "high amount of threat." There's no reason for this at all. If you want the spell to have a drawback, put a cooldown on it, make it cost more mana, slap a cast time on it, something. I hate that it could be used as a clue to where a non tank may have to "tank" a boss again. I thought that when they announced DK's, they said that they would be the cure/solution for these types of situations, yet they keep making them.

sigh

Really nerf Solar beam like it wasn't easy enough to move out of 10 yards now 5 ???? its pretty much worthless now..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelic View Post
    It's base damage, scaling isn't changed. Therefor it's not 50%.
    Misread it, sorry

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Rakavys View Post
    Does anyone else notice the MASSIVE destruction damage boost? 55% more on immolate coupled with 100% conflags + glyph and talents could put out 33k crits at 80.

Edit: Base damage lol, oops.

i've seen a destro lock crit for 40k at 80 before these changes

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JabJack View Post
    Really nerf Solar beam like it wasn't easy enough to move out of 10 yards now 5 ???? its pretty much worthless now..
    realllly is..

i liked the way boomkins were when the ptr started...

i loved how we actually had some pvp utility.

now oh man..

starsurge doesnt knock down anymore... cool... useless other than a slight eclipse bar move.
    Solar Beam 10 > 5 yeah when i dueled people with it they were out of the radius in 3 seconds anyway, and solar beam doesnt even proc when they are moving so.. its kinda pointless. actually. very pointless.
    Last edited by Lyfeissege; 2010-09-29 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    4.0.1 on oct 12th then i guess
    Yeah no. They won't patch it before giving the rewards for Season 8 and letting people spend their Arena Points before the conversion. So I would say 2 weeks: October 26th, right after Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebraz View Post
    I am no priest but didnt they add mindspike so you'll have something to spam in situations where mobs die too fast to dot up? Whats the point of threat increase O_o
    Also just remove solar beam and give boomkins a decent interrupt, it was a nice idea but clearly too hard to balance, it'll either end up too powerful or plain useless.
    Here goes my first post,

Mind Spike is a lead into Mind blast. It currently is a big part of my rotation/priority in beta. I mindspike twice(to reduce MB cast time to 0) and immediately hit Mindblast. If I don't have to refresh my dots at this time, I mindflay in between. It is now a timing issue of how much time do you have to get in two Mindspikes before your mindblast comes off cooldown.

Other than that, SW: Death should always be on cd for mana regen reasons.

If I'm not careful, I can easily top a tank in aggro with the burst I get during a MS, MS, MB, SWeath combo. I honestly don't think it needs the threat increase. Maybe people are just spamming it regardless of other CD's and noticing a dps increase? I haven't looked into it. but I'm pretty sure blizzard wants the 2 MS's, and 1 MB combo to only occur a bit before MB is off cool down.

just my 2 cents.

- Zael

i would rather say the 19th for 4.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Yeah no. They won't patch it before giving the rewards for Season 8 and letting people spend their Arena Points before the conversion. So I would say 2 weeks: October 26th, right after Blizzcon.
    Well considering Patch 3.0.2 was released on October 14 2008, the same day that Arena Season 4 finished, I'm not really seeing the problem. Arena points are automatically converted into Conquest Points anyway, and there's no hardcap until Patch 4.0.3 is released, so there's no reason why Patch 4.0.1 can't be released on the 12th of October 2010 alongside the end of Season 8.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, from what I've read, when 4.0.1 hits the only thing available will be the new race/class combos & talents, but everything else (new 1-60 zone changes, goblin/worgen, guild leveling, rated bg's, 80-85 zones, flying in azeroth? archeology?) will be enabled when we install Cataclysm?

Is this right or...?
    Last edited by smoki; 2010-09-29 at 02:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    if they release the patch on the 12th, am i allowed to assume Boub's Secret Source was wrong? and it won't be a december release?

Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    So, from what I've read, when 4.0.1 hits the only thing available will be the new race/class combos & talents, but everything else (new 1-60 changes, goblin/worgen, guild leveling, rated bg's, 80-85 zones, flying in azeroth? archeology?) will be enabled when we install Cataclysm?

Is this right or...?
    Half-right. Yes what you stated is right. However, a few weeks later, we get the pre-event, which then kicks in the new 1-60 world at it's climax, and THAT is when the new race/class combos open up.

Goblin/Worgen req a Cata Account, same with 80-85 zones.
    Guild Achieve/XP/Rep is disabled until Cata goes live.
    Flying in Azeroth and Archaeology are questionable. Blizz said they aren't sure on Archaeology yet. I'd like it before-hand, and flight would make it easier, too.

When Cataclysm comes out, I doubt you will have anything to install. Just upgrade your account, and play.

Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    So, from what I've read, when 4.0.1 hits the only thing available will be the new race/class combos & talents, but everything else (new 1-60 zone changes, goblin/worgen, guild leveling, rated bg's, 80-85 zones, flying in azeroth? archeology?) will be enabled when we install Cataclysm?

Is this right or...?
    4.0.1 won't include the new Race/Class combinations. That's in 4.0.3, alongside the new zones, etc. Azeroth flying, the new races, Archaeology, Guild Leveling and the 80-85 zones are Cataclysm-only. (Actually Guild Leveling might not be Cataclysm-only, but either way it will most likely stay disabled until the expansion is released.

4.0.1 WILL introduce the new talent trees, pre-Cataclysm quests and events, Reforging, and the end of Season 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    if they release the patch on the 12th, am i allowed to assume Boub's Secret Source was wrong? and it won't be a december release?
    The patches are apparently on target for their respective release dates, but the expansion itself was likely delayed until late November. I doubt they would release Cataclysm after Thanksgiving Day, apparently games released after that day see reduced sales. That and Blizzard have never released a game or expansion after Thanksgiving, from memory. For once I actually doubt Boub's accuracy on this one.
    Last edited by ethzero; 2010-09-29 at 02:49 AM.