PTR stealth nerf to DL

Just playing around on testing dummies and noticed they nerfed Drain life's spell coefficient.

Last patch on 80 dummy I was doing 3.9k ticks with drain life in full rotation.
    Now I'm only doing 3k ticks.

Sidetrack: the immo change has a huge effect on the dot at least as demo. It's gone from doing about 1k per tick to just under 1.8k per tick. Haven't tried destro yet.

It might also be a bug. I also noticed that macros are only picking up the soulburn version of DL.

It could have something to do with DL only returning 2%HP per tick instead of 5%. I know that was an undocumented change, it could have affected the actual dmg aswell.

No, that 2% health back was happening yesterday as well.

Deleted
    I think it was done to be sure affliction keeps SB as filler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I could be way off, but it's quite possible this is a side-effect of a change to fix a bug with it (in an earlier build, i got drained for 14k+53k overkill from a single tick of Drain Life, while wearing 1100 resilience gear and prot spec [Paladin]). This was, as said, in an earlier build, but it's not uncommon for numbers to drop "a little" after fixing a bug with said ability.

I imagine the immo buff will have an even bigger effect for destro.
    bug only worked/works with 2/3 DE and on targets with less then 25% hp

Im still getting high DLs, 1850 without any debuffs, 3300 with all debuffs on the target. Its still huge damage compared to life so i dont mind really.

The thing im interested in is Searing pain, and how itll be for destro although Imp. SP is rather hmm strange.. ;p Depends tho how often targets will be beneath 50% if like now [never] then meh

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 08:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yetzirah View Post
    I think it was done to be sure affliction keeps SB as filler.
    Its not DL that needs nerfing, its pitiful dmg of SB that needs buffing. DL scales a lot from affliction talents/mastery etc, SB doesnt as good as DL does.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    bug only worked/works with 2/3 DE and on targets with less then 25% hp

Im still getting high DLs, 1850 without any debuffs, 3300 with all debuffs on the target. Its still huge damage compared to life so i dont mind really.

The thing im interested in is Searing pain, and how itll be for destro although Imp. SP is rather hmm strange.. ;p Depends tho how often targets will be beneath 50% if like now [never] then meh

---------- Post added 2010-09-29 at 08:26 AM ----------

Its not DL that needs nerfing, its pitiful dmg of SB that needs buffing. DL scales a lot from affliction talents/mastery etc, SB doesnt as good as DL does.
    Personally I like SB not being all that powerful, it means our dots make up a greater percentage of our damage. Let's face it, even with some buffs to SB, affliction is never going to be a burst spec, multidotting is where our real pvp power lies (in terms of damage/pressure).