Thread: PTR Boomkin

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb PTR Boomkin

So, I was running some numbers on the PTR, and I wanted to know what you guys thought of this SS.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...g?t=1285710126

Yeah, I know its the PTR and such, but thats ridiculous for a Boomy. Did it for quite a while too, something like 8 minutes. Sunfire is awesome, for those who haven't looked, it is a Moonfire, but its Solar, and cooler looking when casted. The Starsurge is pretty cool too, knockdown was taken away, so Im sad about that, but the Insta-Cast Starsurge is awesome, 26k was my highest hit with it.

Crits
    Wrath: 17.5k
    Starfire: 25k
    Starsurge:26.6k
    Insect Swarm:6.6k
    Moonfire:4.4k
    Sunfire:4.8k

Quick numbers on it. If you want more info for it, hit me with a personal message, I can test what you want.
    Last edited by Cateaka; 2010-09-28 at 10:22 PM.
    Naocho: 100 Worgen Druid - Eldre'Thalas
    Naocho's Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cateaka View Post
    So, I was running some numbers on the PTR, and I wanted to know what you guys thought of this SS.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...g?t=1285710126

Yeah, I know its the PTR and such, but thats reciulous for a Boomy. Did it for quite a while too, something like 8 minutes. Sunfire is awesome, for those who haven't looked, it is a Moonfire, but its Solar, and cooler looking when casted. The Starsurge is pretty cool too, knockdown was taken away, so Im sad about that, but the Insta-Cast Starsurge is awesome, 26k was my highest hit with it.

Crits
    Wrath: 17.5k
    Starfire: 25k
    Starsurge:26.6k
    Insect Swarm:6.6k
    Moonfire:4.4k
    Sunfire:4.8k

Quick numbers on it. If you want more info for it, hit me with a personal message, I can test what you want.
    That's not really ridiculous, I have higher numbers on live for Starfire and Wrath.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Depends on gear. Anyways, everything is crazily unbalanced at level 80 on the PTR. Things will probably be scaled around, and once you reach level 81, mobs are going to have a lot more health

Yeah i have been on the ptr and lunar shower x3 with solar eclipse up and no trinkets for extra sp i am getting 11.4k initial hits with sunfire, and it's ticking for about 5.8-5.4k for me, i know it may sound bad but i can just run around and sunfire-spam things down in BG's, especially with the practically non-existent resilience on the ptr.

and thorns, i did a duel with a rogue, i popped it on and he died from meleeing me alone, i didn't have to cast a spell :P that and having everything (hots/dots) benefit innately from crit and haste is just awesome, my out of form healing feels a hell of a lot stronger as well as the very nicely revamped DoT's.

I can hardly wait to cyclone someone and set up 3 mushrooms to trigger in their face as soon as they get out of it, moonkins are looking tasty in pvp come cata

I know when I was on the ptr on my druid before he disappeared and my internet went to shit, the highest numbers I was running were 25-26k wraths, 40k starfires, and 46k starsurges with some raid buffs with about 5.5k gs. Of course this was before the patch with sunfire and shooting stars, so I have no idea what kinds of number changes might have happened, but instant starsurges look imba.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

My GS is about the same and your guy (except I got a healer trinket :P) and I was doing similar DPS. Shifted out a bunch of crit and put it into haste and mastery and I jumped up to around 10.5-11k DPS. You should juggle around your stats a bit with reforging too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    My GS is about the same and your guy (except I got a healer trinket :P) and I was doing similar DPS. Shifted out a bunch of crit and put it into haste and mastery and I jumped up to around 10.5-11k DPS. You should juggle around your stats a bit with reforging too.
    Mastery is a horrible stat for us, because we do not gain from it at all times.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    that's such a wrong comment and yet surprising coming from you. Did you just imply that all other classes take benefit from their respective mastery bonuses for each single spell/skill they are doing every sec?
    Check Shadow priests for instance.... their mastery only benefits the extra damage to mind blast. That MIGHT be occured after a sort of a proc (RNG anyone..?).
    Ele shamans have their mastery rating connected to a proc chance for some extra damage too.
    And the same applies for almost every single specc.
    I really can't see your point. We'll be hardly ever out of eclipse and that said i do think mastery rating seems to be more beneficial to us at the moment than to several other classes (see above).

Well currently i am at 6270 gs, but i didn t notice big number difference between live and ptr, dunno why my starfires are always critting for 26/30k, nothing more

Don t know if i am doing something wrong, but casted in lunar with mf and ff on target, like on live

well really dunno how do you manage to reach 40k starfires, maybe old broken coefficents on ptr?
    lvl 85 troll druid - Balance pvp&pve, resto pvp&pve
    lvl 85 troll mage - Frost/Fire
    lvl 80 troll rogue - Ass/Sub
    lvl 80 troll shaman - Ele/resto
    lvl 85 orc hunter - Sv/MM

Live the good side of life, think optimistic, they aren't going to nerf you <xD

Quote Originally Posted by prison_break View Post
    that's such a wrong comment and yet surprising coming from you. Did you just imply that all other classes take benefit from their respective mastery bonuses for each single spell/skill they are doing every sec?
    Check Shadow priests for instance.... their mastery only benefits the extra damage to mind blast. That MIGHT be occured after a sort of a proc (RNG anyone..?).
    Ele shamans have their mastery rating connected to a proc chance for some extra damage too.
    And the same applies for almost every single specc.
    I really can't see your point. We'll be hardly ever out of eclipse and that said i do think mastery rating seems to be more beneficial to us at the moment than to several other classes (see above).
    Where did he say that others do?
    Go on, show me.

Whether others always benefit is completely irrelevant to his point anyway. Though i wouldn't call mastery rating horrible, we definitely gain more from haste, so reforging to mastery when haste is available is stupid.

Yeah I read your site talking about haste vs mastery (or something along those lines). I'm still new to the reforging idea. Some of the gear wouldn't let me shift crit to haste and I had originally shifted it to mastery, so i left it that way. I'll shift it back to just crit if I can't get addition haste and try that out too. I think for now i'll go with the haste>mastery>crit until some maths come out and show me otherwise. All my crit didn't see to do dick all.

I'd like to see some theorycraft on mastery though. Just because we don't gain from it all the time doesn't mean much. Especially if they increased the amount of damage each point gets. Need to see some maths.
    Last edited by Maoli; 2010-10-02 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Where did he say that others do?
    Go on, show me.

Whether others always benefit is completely irrelevant to his point anyway. Though i wouldn't call mastery rating horrible, we definitely gain more from haste, so reforging to mastery when haste is available is stupid.
    Really? When you say that mastery is a horrible stat FOR US because you do not gain from it ALL THE TIME, then you are probably implying that the there are classes that do benefit from it all of the time which is exactly what i tried to defend here. And i never did a comparison between that and haste in the first place!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not really ridiculous, I have higher numbers on live for Starfire and Wrath.
    I agree, In icc 25 boomkins can crit for about 18 - 19k with good gear

15+ Year Old Account
    Really? When you say that mastery is a horrible stat FOR US because you do not gain from it ALL THE TIME, then you are probably implying that the there are classes that do benefit from it all of the time which is exactly what i tried to defend here. And i never did a comparison between that and haste in the first place!
    We're not always under an eclipse, which is why it's a poor stat for us. Both haste and crit provide better numbers, so whenver you can reforge away from mastery and into another stat, it's going to be better.

The numbers that Graylo produced are here: http://graymatterwow.blogspot.com/20...a-edition.html.

I actually ran numbers for both, and it was 15,000,000 damage into each dummy to produce: http://www.owlkin.org/2010/09/28/ptr-mastery-vs-haste/. You'll see that the same amount of mastery vs (almost) the same amount of haste and a slight amount of crit, the haste/crit pulls ahead considerably.

---------- Post added 2010-10-02 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    Yeah I read your site talking about haste vs mastery (or something along those lines). I'm still new to the reforging idea. Some of the gear wouldn't let me shift crit to haste and I had originally shifted it to mastery, so i left it that way. I'll shift it back to just crit if I can't get addition haste and try that out too. I think for now i'll go with the haste>mastery>crit until some maths come out and show me otherwise. All my crit didn't see to do dick all.

I'd like to see some theorycraft on mastery though. Just because we don't gain from it all the time doesn't mean much. Especially if they increased the amount of damage each point gets. Need to see some maths.
    You can't reforge to a stat that already exists on an item, which is probably why you couldn't shift crit to haste.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Do you? No. You don't. In fact, you do not imply anything in that case. The only conclusion possible from that is that balance druids do not always benefit from mastery rating, which is a factual truth. It allows for no conclusions about other classes, neither directly nor indirectly.
    Besides, i did not say that.

It seems that you need a course in basic logical thinking.
    Had Sunfyre said that Mastery is much worse for us than for others because we don't always benefit from it, you would have a point, but he did not. In fact, he did not reference other classes or specs at all.

Back on topic, i hope they adjust mastery to be worth about the same per point as haste for us. That should not be to hard since Eclipse uptime is pretty much static now, at least for large numbers.
    Last edited by huth; 2010-10-03 at 12:08 AM.

Anyone else noticed that if you toss moonfire immediately after a starfire proccing solar elcipse it lands as moonfire instead of sunfire? Kind of annoying.

Only problem of eclipse is pvp now.. forced switching + 2,5s starfires like generator + pvp = no mastery stat

Love playing my boomkin atm on ptr, feels more fun than applying a dot with a certain proc, spamming one skill until a different proc and then basically doing the same again. Also its fun to be seeing such high numbers on single target - between 16 and 18k over 10 minutes! . The only thing im disappointed in is that i hoped they would add something different to treants, they feel pretty useless at the moment.
    Last edited by Zoomkin; 2010-10-03 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Well currently i am at 6270 gs

this is where i stopped reading...

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    I agree, In icc 25 boomkins can crit for about 18 - 19k with good gear
    In 264 gear maybe. My moonkin in mostly 277 gets 22-35k starfires on live. PTR moonkin looks pretty beast as well, was averaging 15k dps over 10 minutes single-target.