Deleted

Destro PVE Dmg contribution

I did few tests as pure PvE build for dest to see how rotation goes [with Emp Imp SFs etc, Btw did 32k conflagrate:P] and whats the distribution of damage between spells.

Incinerate 33,5%
    Conflagrate 27,1%
    Immolate DOT 15,4%
    Burning Embers DOT 6,8%
    Chaos Bolt 6,8%
    Soul Fire 6,1%
    Immolate DD 2,7%
    Shadowbolt 1,7%

Above made up 87,9% of my DPS, Imp's Firebolt [direct damage component alone] did 12,1% of my DPS, DPS - 10k [pvp gear GS 5800].
    So far it looks like THE glyphs for PvE destro are: Immolate, Conflagrate, Incinerate as these contribute the most to the dmg. Immolate's DOT alone does LESS then IMP does which some would say its better to glyph imp, but Immolate DOT makes Conflagrate a lot stronger and conflag is huge part of our dps. Incinerates 5% is rather obvious choice.

This id dmg shown by recount, but there's also damage done by imp.
    glyphs: Immolate, Conflagrate [-2sec kicks ass], I couldnt find anyone who could do for me Glyph of Imp [+20% firebolt dmg which does around 1166 dps for me [DD part] and thus glyph would give an increase by ~233 dps]

EDIT:

Madness??

THIS...IS...BETA!!!

EDIT2:

Ive counted some things before sleep.

Player does 87,9% of total DPS, imp [just firebolt] does 12,1% of total DPS.

Out of that 87,9% player's dmg comes mostly from incinerate 33,5% conflagrate 27,1% and immolate DOT 15,4%.

To compare these to the imp we would have to count how big part they are of total dps [player + imp]

Thus:

incinerate 33,5*87,9/100 = 29,45% of total dps
    conflagrate 27,1*87,9/100 = 23,82% of total dps
    immolate DOT 15,4*87,9/100 = 13,54% of total dps

Thus the top 3 of spells that contributed to my total DPS are all better then imp and thus with what glyphs for them and for the imp do it is obvious immolate, conflagrate and incinerate are THE glyphs.

In this case as ive said i used conflag and immo glyphs thus i have results a bit higher then unglyphed, but with the synergy between immo + conflag [superb tbh] its no secret its better then imp glyph. Also incinerate was without glyph.

btw i didnt have improved soulfire as it seems bugged atm and didnt increase my haste at all.

On a side note i literally LOVE the fact tht if i have 30% crit, then my imp also has 30% crit, and he benefits also from 100% of my haste.

Kinda sucks imp and pets dont benefit from mastery [aside from felguard really when demo specced and demo spec in general]

mastery giving +20% fire dmg would actually make imp a lot more potent.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2010-10-06 at 07:06 AM.

Deleted
    Nice info , will be looking to test these myself soon.

Deleted
    Chaos bolt has no real reason to exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzies View Post
    Chaos bolt has no real reason to exist.
    killing that 500 hp left mage who just put ice barrier and mana shield up and watch him /cry

nice, its really interesting to see Destro start to become viable in PvE again.

Deleted
    Ive counted some things before sleep.

Player does 87,9% of total DPS, imp [just firebolt] does 12,1% of total DPS.

Out of that 87,9% player's dmg comes mostly from incinerate 33,5% conflagrate 27,1% and immolate DOT 15,4%.

To compare these to the imp we would have to count how big part they are of total dps [player + imp]

Thus:

incinerate 33,5*87,9/100 = 29,45% of total dps
    conflagrate 27,1*87,9/100 = 23,82% of total dps
    immolate DOT 15,4*87,9/100 = 13,54% of total dps

Thus the top 3 of spells that contributed to my total DPS are all better then imp and thus with what glyphs for them and for the imp do it is obvious immolate, conflagrate and incinerate are THE glyphs.

In this case as ive said i used conflag and immo glyphs thus i have results a bit higher then unglyphed, but with the synergy between immo + conflag [superb tbh] its no secret its better then imp glyph. Also incinerate was without glyph.

---------- Post added 2010-09-30 at 08:19 AM ----------

btw i didnt have improved soulfire as it seems bugged atm and didnt increase my haste at all.

On a side note i literally LOVE the fact tht if i have 30% crit, then my imp also has 30% crit, and he benefits also from 100% of my haste.

Kinda sucks imp and pets dont benefit from mastery [aside from felguard really when demo specced and demo spec in general]

mastery giving +20% fire dmg would actually make imp a lot more potent.

CB needs a buff. either higher dmg, or let it pierce bubble/iceblock or make it ignore damage reductions or something. ATM its a joke compared to lava burst...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad warden View Post
    CB needs a buff. either higher dmg, or let it pierce bubble/iceblock or make it ignore damage reductions or something. ATM its a joke compared to lava burst...
    more so LvB almost always crits:> [aside from when FS isnt up]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arith View Post
    The only way it gets a buff is if they nerf something else. It does what its supposed to do, it pierces absorption effects and does some dmg when people think theyre safe. Be happy you have something unique, and stop comparing abilities to other classes abilities that arent even meant to be the same.
    Not really, at least lavaburst is always critting, can have double from overload doing 75% dmg and also critting due to FS and is fire school and if its locked shammy just does LB CL where lock is ... locked:P

Just because it is unique it doesnt mean we should just sit, shut up, and be thankful we have it. What kind of stupid argument is that?vTrees are changing, spells are changing and we have our views on it. Right now CB is weak. IT needs some secondary effect of sort.

I dont see why it isnt instant cast anyways, it has far greater CD then arcane barrage and hits for less.

---------- Post added 2010-09-30 at 09:49 AM ----------

nothing beats the most useless spell ever tho, Shadowflame, worse then ever now with 25sec cd & shit dmg [mine hits for 900 dmg;p]

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the actual DPETs there?

Deleted
    @Arith

How am i even to talk with you if you cant even properly read what i write?

You talk about "increasing damage" and that it cant be buffed and that I dont understand something.

Please reread my post, i explicitly said it needs some SECONDARY effect [meaning NOT damage]

Deleted
    in such case, ok, you didnt quote him thus i thought it was directed at me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arith View Post
    Actually I did quote him, scroll up to my first post and youll see. Regardless this is offtopic now and its moot anyways.

Back to the topic.. the spell breakdown looks good and Id like it to stay this way into 4.0.3
    Now.. they just need to fix SF haste >.<
    i meant the follow up post

I wonder if these insane (36k) conflag hits are intended. Won't this prove to be a huge problem in pvp? Anyway, I can manage up to 13k dps with the immolate change. the glyphs im using are conflag, immo and incin.

I'm still unsure what to use soulburn for... The instant soulfire don't seem to increase the dps that much if any. Especially since improved soulfire isn't working (doesn't add the haste after the hit).

That said, destro seems to be the best designed spec of the three.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2010-09-30 at 04:25 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Deleted
    instant soulfire isnt for dps, its for burst.

Well lets wait and see what blizz does tbh

These numbers are nice, but it's disappointing to see conflag doing such nice damage while CB and Incin are "ok" at best. Especially since our Demon Soul-Imp ability only affects destro spells "with a cast time." That means no increased damage on conflag or instant SF's. The best we can hope for is one CB and two incins. Doesn't seem that great, tbh.

Deleted
    Conflag is OP atm tho, i dont see it doing 32k crits after number fixing.

Even Unstable affliction got its base damage reduced by 50%, DOT part and "dispel" part as well. Heavy nerf.

Deleted
    bumping since some questions on 1st page arose