10+ Year Old Account

Helping bads feel good about themselves in Cataclysm (loot and raids)

This post is in regard to raid difficulty and loot rewards.

Face it, Blizzard has needed to increase the difficulty of this game long ago, and Cataclysm is a (hopefully) good direction they are taking to increase difficulty.

What do you the community think about having 3 ways to kill a raid boss?

1) Hard mode - Very difficult boss mechanics that only very well coordinated guilds / raids could ever think about accomplishing. Loot rewards in line accordingly.

2) Normal mode - Increased in difficulty (comparing it to the difficulty of the raids now in wotlk) to help players learn mechanics (with very deadly mechanics for neglecting to pay attention to detail / cc etc). Loot rewards in line accordingly.

3) Optional for raid leaders only instant kill - This is where the raid leader of potentially bad / casual raids who cant seem to do even the "increased difficulty" normal mode raid to select an option in the UI that is: "automatically kill raid boss" and loot will be awarded in a chest for that encounter. (encounter by encounter basis) The loot in the box would be the same as the normal mode loot with the yellow message on the bottom each item "Even bad players deserve loot right?"

The yellow message on each item (commonly used for items today) would indicate to people looking for pugs to complete the content on normal or hardcore to really see who did it legitly, and who just wanted free loot.

Thoughts? Discuss.

have you killed hardmode 25 man LK? cause if not then you are not allowed to call this game easy.
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

lolwut? someone lost loot in their pug to a bad player lol
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Dillybear View Post
    have you killed hardmode 25 man LK? cause if not then you are not allowed to call this game easy.
    Finally someone who agrees with me. In my eyes, you're bad until you have 1058 achieves, 60 feats of strength, and BiS gear. Then, not only are you good, you win.

AGREED Dilly I am a CASUAL and dont want easy raids. I can only play a few nights a week and havent reached LK in normal 10 let alone 25HM and i ABSOLUTLY HATE WITH THE GREATEST OF ANGER AND HATRED how people call this game easy, where as the heroics are now easy mode with all the welfare epics nowadays i still find a decent challenge to the raids when i can raid.

not ALL casuals are baddies or people who want easy mode for all raids just cant play often and want a challenge when i can play

I think you need to spend less time making QQ threads, and more time doing some actual raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    I think you need to spend less time making QQ threads, and more time doing some actual raiding.
    I have to agree with this :\
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiisith View Post
    OJ Simpson use to play before he was locked up. He played a dagger spec Rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Thrall kills Dumbledore
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    GENN FUCKING GREYMANE
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoshadow View Post
    Was it longer than your average cloak or cape?

10+ Year Old Account
    In no way is this a post bashing any type of player, im asking for input for 3 different ways to kill a raid boss. The third is of course an optional thing for raids unable to kill a certian boss, weather it be the first or the last or any in between.

Im sure an option like this would appease many people, and it would also allow blizzard to cater more to the "casual" crowd while at the same time increasing the difficulty of their raids.

Again, they DON'T have to select that option, its just there in case anyone WANTS to select it. Thats all im saying, and im not defending any one group.

Why do people cry when there is an option that hurts their pride?

I don't even...huh?

The current system will suffice, thank you for your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In no way is this a post bashing any type of player, im asking for input for 3 different ways to kill a raid boss. The third is of course an optional thing for raids unable to kill a certian boss, weather it be the first or the last or any in between.

Im sure an option like this would appease many people, and it would also allow blizzard to cater more to the "casual" crowd while at the same time increasing the difficulty of their raids.

Again, they DON'T have to select that option, its just there in case anyone WANTS to select it. Thats all im saying, and im not defending any one group.

Why do people cry when there is an option that hurts their pride?
    You see, you're confusing the word bad and the word casual. A casual knows their class, but doesn't have the time to raid 40 hours a week during progression and pugs twice a week. A bad doesn't know their class, and attempts to pug twice a week and is useless in a raid.

''LF6M LK25 HC, gear doesnt matter we'll just click instant kill.''

Right.. no. Maybe if they don't get any loot for it at all, but even then it's a flawed system open to abuse in more than one way (Kinky, right?).

15+ Year Old Account
    I just don't think they need to cater to people in such a casual way. The normal mode encounters are pretty easy. If anyone can walk into a raid and instagib bosses with a few clicks of the mouse, there is no incentive to learn how to be a better player.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
    I just don't think they need to cater to people in such a casual way. The normal mode encounters are pretty easy. If anyone can walk into a raid and instagib bosses with a few clicks of the mouse, there is no incentive to learn how to be a better player.
    Good point. I think its a simple way though to allow players who are bad or just couldn't coordinate their raid effectively enough to get the normal mode kill (and im not saying casual players are bad)to get loot to make them feel good about themselves. Remember, its loot that the people want (in addition to seeing the content) they get the best of both worlds.

Also the hardcore and good casual players dont have to participate, remember this is purely an option. You can choose to, or choose not to and do the encounter and master the mechanics.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm... Isn't there 4 ways to kill bosses in ToC, ICC and RS?

10 person normal.
    10 person Heroic.
    25 person normal.
    25 person Heroic.

If you implimentated a ability where the raid leader could "insta kill" a raid boss and still get loot, wouldn't that make the whole welfare epics problem worse?

I think you guys just got trolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowkatt View Post
    Ummm... Isn't there 4 ways to kill bosses in ToC, ICC and RS?

10 person normal.
    10 person Heroic.
    25 person normal.
    25 person Heroic.

If you implimentated a ability where the raid leader could "insta kill" a raid boss and still get loot, wouldn't that make the whole welfare epics problem worse?
    He's being sarcastic. You have to be aware that this guy is most likely from a realm where 4/12 in ICC10 automatically puts you into the top ranks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillybear View Post
    One encounter doesn't make up for a whole tier of raiding, bitch please