Question 4.0.1 mastery or haste or crit

since next patch is going to be next week probably i'm wondering its going to be better reforge mastery or haste or crit

haste > mastery / crit.

Crit and mastery are almost equal.

actually i tried reforging most of my crit to mastery cuz i couldnt reforge it to haste and my dps did go up.

btw, u do realise ur crit will be 8% lower in 4.0.1? so i wouldnt advise reforging passive crit on your armor

10+ Year Old Account
    depends on spec tbh, and current stats
    but mastery will never be wasted / is always good.

reforging crit \ haste can be bad... ill assume you mean holy, but yeah mastery is sexy.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

nope i assume retribution

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    but mastery will never be wasted / is always good.
    Prot paladin Mastery is crap
    Holy paladin Mastery is weak
    Ret Paladin Mastery is RNG
    They're far from being always good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Prot paladin Mastery is crap
    Holy paladin Mastery is weak
    Ret Paladin Mastery is RNG
    They're far from being always good.
    Prot: 2% block / 1% mastery is crap? (remember, block = 30% dmg reduction, not a fixed amount)
    Holy: an built-in valanyr proc is weak?
    Ret: even though it's RNG, it's not crap automatically. it's an 8% (+1%/%) chance for free 3 holy power. not THAT bad after all. I'd consider it as the weakest of all 3 specs though...

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    1) Prot: 2% block / 1% mastery is crap? (remember, block = 30% dmg reduction, not a fixed amount)
    2) Holy: an built-in valanyr proc is weak?
    1) Yes it is and it's incredibly boring.
    2) It doesn't roll/stack and only lasts 6 seconds plus even if the efficiency would be 100% (right now I'd say far less than 50% of it are actually used) the bonus would still remain kind of weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Terradii View Post
    btw, u do realise ur crit will be 8% lower in 4.0.1? so i wouldnt advise reforging passive crit on your armor
    Crit doesn't get better the more you have. It's a linear function that lessens slightly at 54.8% crit and lessens a fuckton at 72.8% crit. To illustrate, having 8% crit doesn't make adding more crit to you gear any more less valuable than if you had 38% crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Crit doesn't get better the more you have. It's a linear function that lessens slightly at 54.8% crit and lessens a fuckton at 72.8% crit. To illustrate, having 8% crit doesn't make adding more crit to you gear any more less valuable than if you had 38% crit.
    Technically that's not a linear function <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nawtqq View Post
    Technically that's not a linear function <3
    pft go play Aviontwo more. Three! Three then!...Actually four, if you count adding crit from 104.8%.

Quote Originally Posted by Yata View Post
    actually i tried reforging most of my crit to mastery cuz i couldnt reforge it to haste and my dps did go up.
    Or you could take those pieces of armor with crit/haste on them and reforge the crit to hit or expertise rating

Then take all your hit and expertise rating and reforge it to haste (assuming all your gear had crit/hit and crit/exp gear without haste already on it)

end result is more haste and less mastery /cheer

to clarify what BDF is saying, you can only reforge to a stat which your gear doesnt have.

for example if your gear has Hit, Crit and Expertise then you can reforge one of those stats to either Mastery or Haste since they are not already on that gear.

unfortunately, if you have a gear with Haste and Crit, you can't remove some crit to increase the haste. You have to spend it on Mastery, expertise or Hit.

so this will restrict some of what you can do with certain gear items.

Quote Originally Posted by BDF View Post
    Or you could take those pieces of armor with crit/haste on them and reforge the crit to hit or expertise rating

Then take all your hit and expertise rating and reforge it to haste (assuming all your gear had crit/hit and crit/exp gear without haste already on it)

end result is more haste and less mastery /cheer
    thx!