Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5,000 users, gone

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6280395...es%3Btitle%3B3

If blizz can do this with SC2, why do they not police their WoW BGs and get arid of the bots there?

I still remember the mass bannings they did a couple times back in Vanilla. Right on the front page of the main website: "20,000 accounts permanently banned for bot usage and hacking".

Trust me, Blizzard bans thousands of WoW accounts almost every month. Or at least every couple months. What I'm trying to say is, just because it's not reported on Gamespot, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Idk that's a good point, they should definitely start locking down on people who bot in bg's. It's really irritating especially at late night play when 50% of your team is bots.

It's considerably easier in a 'small' game world such as SC2 to monitor such things compared to a much larger game world in WoW. That's why they can't catch every person that does it, that along with the fact that there are millions of more people playing WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the ban announcements back in the day as well. I wish they would get back to doing that, too many gold spammers, teleport-hacking advertisers, and botters running around. Would be nice to see them actually doing something rather than having no way of knowing.

Note that the lack of announcements doesn't mean it's not still happening.

it still happens. just that wow has been around for so much longer and its more on a massive scale that the general media is like.
    gamespot -"WOW Banned 20,000 accounts"
    public - "they did that last month too so its nothing new."
    Gamespot - "....They banned 5,000 accounts and SC2"
    Public - " they did that in SC1 are you suprised?"
    Gamespot - "sorry staff is new."

Quote Originally Posted by DistortionSleep View Post
    Idk that's a good point, they should definitely start locking down on people who bot in bg's. It's really irritating especially at late night play when 50% of your team is bots.
    I played in AV just before BC with 7 horde against 5 allies, the rest bots. Our horde team just stopped at bal, discussed not wanting to feed the leeches so we lit a camp fire and danced as the allies rode by.

They managed to down Drek, no small task in those days, with almost no one on their side.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why can't valve be like this and ban the million cheaters on MW2!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Valve like to "pussyfoot" around because their players are like hookers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Trust me, Blizzard bans thousands of WoW accounts almost every month. Or at least every couple months. What I'm trying to say is, just because it's not reported on Gamespot, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
    Exactly. They did it with Vanilla too, with the mass bannings.

Well, except that one time they screwed up and included a ton of Linux users in a banwave. That was fairly amusing (in retrospect).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    We had a bot in our BG once, they stood at the GY, and whenever you'd report them for AFK, they'd turn on the spot, so I got most of the players in the BG to spam report her for AFK. Ended up getting a debuff, and she was gone 1 minute later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblykiss View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6280395...es%3Btitle%3B3

If blizz can do this with SC2, why do they not police their WoW BGs and get arid of the bots there?
    because its pvp related.blizzard doesnt care about the pvp they care about the pve(well,the WoW bgs thing.i didnt actually read what the link said but i dont really care about starcraft 2)
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2010-10-03 at 05:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    ...good riddance? thats all i got to say
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    because its pvp related.blizzard doesnt care about the pvp they care about the pve(well,the WoW bgs thing.i didnt actually read what the link said but i dont really care about starcraft 2)
    If that was true, they'd stop nerfing PvE because certain abilities are too powerful in PvP.

they mass ban all the time

This problem might solve itself in rated bgs maybe.

People will go to more trouble to secure a win. Leechers wont be acceptable and will probably be reported right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayden View Post
    This problem might solve itself in rated bgs maybe.

People will go to more trouble to secure a win. Leechers wont be acceptable and will probably be reported right away.
    Rated BGs also require a premade, so having a botter on your team means you invited him there in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Posokhov View Post
    Rated BGs also require a premade, so having a botter on your team means you invited him there in the first place.
    You still only queue with 4 other people from your realm, you have to rely on the other premakes on your side to not invite bots.