Deleted

Siphon Life - Patch 4.xx

I wasn't impressed when I first saw the nerf on paper; now I've just got off the PTR after testing it and I really am not impressed.

I have levelled Affliction on live and absolutely loved it, the fact that the reward for a ramp up time was you essentially self-heal off most damage.

I was very excited to see Soulburn: Seed of Corruption as this looked to be the perfect AoE grinding solution.

Current state on PTR - Screwed.

Testing on the packs of Converted Heros in Icecrown I barely escaped each pack with 5% health left. In one case I recieved only 2 heals (around 500 each).

I'm struggling to understand why Afflictions self-healing has been nerfed so extensively, AFAIK it was never OP in PvP or Raids but allowed almost no downtime while levelling/grinding. I wasn't aware that was something Blizzard wanted to kill. As far as I'm concerned Affliction is now just tedious, stacking your dots gives no return on behalf of the time and effort it requires vs nuking your targets down in Demo or Destruc; the latter offering better healing thanks to Soul Leech. I can't aoe Haunt, or Drain Life... why isn't this 100% proc chance??

Not impressed.
    Last edited by mmocb486d163cd; 2010-10-04 at 10:29 PM.