Thread: Frost mastery

Deleted

Frost mastery

Has anyone else wondered why the mastery for frost is so crap by comparison to the unholy one.

This is only from a pvp perspective

Frost strike, i hardly ever use as i would rather save the rp for deathcoils.

icey talons, boring haste but better than nothing

blood of the north, worse than reaping

unholy gets

scourge strike, very good
    master of ghouls, awesome
    reaping
    and unholy might

Dont understand blizzards logic on this one, feel free to correct me if im wrong.

would have loved it if they made it so you could pick any mastery regardless of where you put your talents.

Kinda disappointed with Frost in general its seen very little love for Cata and i would argue it was already one of the least played trees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then play Unholy?

Seriously, all I hear is "wai isnt Forst spec and Unholy spec same thing?!"

Cherry-picking Masteries goes against the whole point of specialization.

And I play Frost when I'm not tanking. It is possibly one of the most competitive DPS specs in the right hands.

80 Death Knight 80 Rogue 80 Paladin 80 Warrior

I don't understand your logic on this.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well.... Im not a deathknight or anything but I have a wild guess.
    They dont balance everything around pvp, im sorry : <

wow so you made an account just to tell us you'll be playing unholy in cata? that's...nice..... frost mastery looks fine to me btw...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

RP-dumps:

Blood -> Rune Strike
    Frost -> Frost Strike
    Unholy -> Death Coil

I do not see it as a fail if a spec's mastery supports the spec's iconic ability instead of an ability that is not supposed to be used and not increased by a single talent in the whole frost tree.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Deleted
    I've played frost for a long time now mostly because i enjoy the ability to both melee and have decent range, i hadnt intended to switch but if unholy ends up being the better of the 2 then myself and many others will stop playing frost.

I know its early but it was an observation, one i have not heard a counter to in your replies btw.

and fizikz no i posted mainly to read other death knights opinions on the matter.

You don't actually have any arguments.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post
    Has anyone else wondered why the mastery for frost is so crap by comparison to the unholy one.

unholy gets

reaping
    and unholy might

Dont understand blizzards logic on this one, feel free to correct me if im wrong.

would have loved it if they made it so you could pick any mastery regardless of where you put your talents.

Kinda disappointed with Frost in general its seen very little love for Cata and i would argue it was already one of the least played trees.
    So? you've made up your mind... so what? do u have to make a thread about it? why not just keep it to yourself and let the world not know?.

I am really tired of ppl making threads about what they think is wrong or bad. well if u think of that and your playing beta then go make suggestion on the beta realm. if ur not a beta player, just go make suggestion on the forum.

if i may give my perspective on ur post then... so what if u don't like the frost tree Masterery, then i can tell you i've played frost for a long time now. and those are good, i wouldn't see it any other way.... Death Coil is ment for Unholy, not Frost. Please try to get basic knowledge about DKs before taking it to the forums.

i dont understand how it has anything to do with PvP...unholys arnt based around pvp....and u just...dont want frost strike.....???? and frost strike hits ALOT harder than DC does in beta(as frost obvsly.) frost is bad for pvp because it has horrible surv compared too unholy. not becasue of what is in its mastery....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kendo View Post

unholy gets

reaping
    and unholy might

What is this I don't even ...

The Unholy mastery gives you more damage for diseases, while the frost one gives you frost damage. I don't really get what you mean. I'll assume you mean talent trees, and not masteries.

Unholy specc might pull of abit higher damage output in PvP then Frost (I've not tried this in any way, it's only an assumption and it might be the other way around), but it has it's advantages. If you specc propperly you will both have desecration and chilblains. This pretty much makes chains of ice not viable anymore, as you can replace it with Howling Blast (Howling Blast hurts like a motherf***** ATM). You will also have hungering cold and pillar of frost, that arn't obtainable if you specc Unholy.

he means the stuff u just get wen u pick that spec, still this thread is so pointless.

If you don't like Frost then spec Unholy. Problem solved.

I know for a fact that I'm sticking with Frost DPS myself. I've been it for the entirety of Wrath and will continue to be it for the entirety of Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by wizdro View Post
    Then play Unholy?

Seriously, all I hear is "wai isnt Forst spec and Unholy spec same thing?!"

Cherry-picking Masteries goes against the whole point of specialization.

And I play Frost when I'm not tanking. It is possibly one of the most competitive DPS specs in the right hands.
    Yeah I hear it too.