10+ Year Old Account

Shadow Priest: Dot Protection

In 4.0.1 Shadow priests get a talent that is an AoE horror when Vampiric Touch is dispelled (Sin and Punishment). I have posted in classes forums but decided to give this one a try since it is more frequented.

I was looking for feedback with anyone who has had experience with it on the PTR or Beta. A video or even a screen shot of it in action in world pvp, arena, bgs, duels or even just a demonstration would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would assume that it will function just like the old D&D glyphed before it got nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    I would assume that it will function just like the old D&D glyphed before it got nerfed.
    Sorry but I'm not looking for assumptions. There was a thread with a debate on the effectiveness of the dispel protection when the patch came out but no feedback was ever given.

Things like diminishing returns or even the risk of dispelling would be nice (from a healers PoV ofc.)

Opinions are welcome if you have experience with it IE: OP or UP etc

I have found plenty of speculation but looking to get to some facts.

Deleted
    Did some testing as i saw this thread, seems the horror effect doesnt have any dr, a fixed amount of time it would seem, had someone dispel my VT several times in a row, no change in the duration(3 seconds) // not an exact number but roughly that of 3 sec.

As far as i can tell if the person afflicted with the horror dispels himself, he and people close to him will get a horror-like fear, but lets say he dispels someone far away from himself he does not get feared himself, only the one he dispelled and the people close to him, so yeah, kind of speaks for itself.

People close to the one being dispelled gets feared in horror, and that also includes the one dispelling if he dispels himself obv. Id say this is a very good dispel prot.

As someone cant spamdispel 'cause they'd die quite quickly with the help of team mates or w/e it is that you have alongside.

That would also apply to, lets say a paladin spamdispelling your dots on his warrior, the warrior would essentially be disabled by the paladins dispels, wether its being able to pop defensive cd's or simply do damage and put pressure.
    Last edited by mmoc55da38bdcd; 2010-10-06 at 01:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate the info, I have someone who is willing to make a video on the PTR now to confirm these.

Thanks!

According to the tooltip the dispelling should be getting feared and anyone near him.

Currently on the ptr (this is hilarious btw) if you dispel it it also fears friendly targets. A shaman and I just stood in the middle of big packs of people dueling and dispel it and watch everyone get feared. It has no DR either.

The sad thing is, it breaks off damage so you prob only have time to put VT back on the target before they stop fearing.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    spriests need some more dispell protection. im useless when i go against a tsg. wtf.

Deleted
    Actually it is worth it. I meen it's far better than Ua silence...Seen it in action in ptr. I had Vt on me and i wanted to test it.Dispeled it.Me and the ppl near me got feared.Enough time to nuke or redot or run away...
    Imagine the classic melee zerg on you...and the spamhealer in the backround presses dispel. The least u can do is burn their trinket cd.
    In general buys enough time to redot or pull 2 MS, a Mf or finish a target with Mb/death chain.
    A question(i know its out of topic but talking fr shadowpriests): In ptr i can still dispel in shadowform.They said they'll change that.I don't see it happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    With UA hitting liek a truck plus silencing, it far surpasses VT which is only situationally effective.