Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyocere View Post
    You mean after 5 years casters finally have the edge on melee?
    Whoa there, not all casters, Mages were always competitive in PVP, as well as Locks "most" of the time. Melee always should have the damage advantage to make up that they simply have to get in close to attack. They're not ranged where I sit back at a distance on my Lock or Mage and cast away, and if they get near me, I have many tools to get separation. So yes, melee should have damage on their side. Healing became really strong, and we all know how OP resto druids have been since S2, they have been the bigger offender in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    Can some explain something to the people not playing on ptr/beta.

When it is said it will be a 'lame duck' after patch 4.0 for pve, does that mean that the game will become easier, or harder, as far as ICC progress goes (currently on LK HC).

Any information will be welcome
    What I take it to mean is cause things are balanced for 85 toons your going to see tons of balance issues. Your being asked to play a game for the next month and a half that is truely screwed up.

This balance issue will not only be talent wise between toons but also encounter wise. Nothing will be balanced with each other and your being asked to just pay your money and wait it out in the hopes that the light at the end of the tunnel is bright enough to get you there.

Other than a screwed up balanced game I'm sure there will be other problems with such a huge change to teh game coming but the balance problem covers so many aspects of the game it's hard to grasp just that one much less the other problems we'll be dealing with.

Will it make things easier? Not very likely, no.
    Will it make things more difficult? Probably so.
    Will things not work as intended and encounters not work like they were designed to work. Yes, its going to be a headache.

i am SOOO exited about 4.0.1 !! i cant wait for it to go live next week !! (it will also go live in europe, right? :S)

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspike View Post
    Expecting someone to do their fcking job is wrong now? Either you are one of two people:
    1. You pull up to a restaurant and order some food. They give you the wrong order, but you say "hey they are busy, they have plenty of orders. I will just take my cheeseburger and leave even though I ordered a big mac combo".

OR

2. You are a blizz fanboy that needs to get up off your knees and wipe your mouth.

As for hunters, they should be buffed but not a joke increase on trap times. While that does help some with pvp, (apparently it's hard to walk around the brightly glowing trap on the ground) I hope they buff bm more. That spec has just been horrible through wrath compared to the other two. I hope they put it at least equal.
    Since when could anyone but rogues, in stealth, see traps?
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

What is THE warlock raid spec now in Cata

Wait... BLOOD Presence has a threat modifier now?

Then what are DPS supposed to DPS in, Frost/Unholy? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Kyocere View Post
    You mean after 5 years casters finally have the edge on melee?
    I've been playing since May 25 2005 so i know a great deal about casters ( a lot more than you)

Pre BC- POM pyro mages enough said and shadow priests had a brief time in the sun

BC- Locks pretty much only counter class was rogues, seduce chain spam was annyoing as hell and this was the start of frost being mages pvp spec (you got 3 years of melee qqing about frost mages)

Wrath- During uld lock had a nice little few weeks of being op in pve and bgs, RPM (rouge priest mage) have been the dominate 3s team for majority of arenas life, thats 2 casters to 1 melee.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

Yes, they have gotten more useful bonuses. Blood has got the damage reduction and other tanking specific ones now, as it makes more sense if you look at the specs ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

blood is the sole tanking tree in cata, and thus blood presence is the new tanking presence

This doesn't make any sense. They say that the argent stuff will cost JP, then they say that it costs badges, and will not be changed. ...wut?

Hmm.. gonna be really interesting to see if patch releases next week

Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    This doesn't make any sense. They say that the argent stuff will cost JP, then they say that it costs badges, and will not be changed. ...wut?
    If you read the original post it is obvious that Bashiok misunderstood the question. People questioned him about it and he then asked someone and clarified it. This is one of the problems with just reading the front page of MMO Champion, you don't see the full context of the conversation. In this case I think it would have been best to not even include the first part as it wasn't accurate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olderonous View Post
    ... and thus blood presence is the new tanking presence
    This change must have been made solely for the mentally challenged Death Knights who tank (or at least attempt to) in blood presence :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    200% up from 125% is a LOT
    Will tanking be easier than in WotLK now?

thats possible ?

Deleted
    Guys, I've got a quick question. Should I save my frost now to trade them in for Justice Points later on, or will you be able to collect enough JP on your way to level 85 or before catalysm comes out by farming dungeons?

I can buy some nice gear upgrades for my alt but I don't know if it's worth it.

Blizzard are welcome to give holy paladins all sorts of diffrent working healing spells.. but... those spells need to work with the content and the encounters that are produced. Thats is NOT the case atm. Holy palas scale terribly.... Thats because BLizzard STILL wants to make holy palas AOE be raidwide. So.. what is good for 25 man content.. is MORE than twice as bad for 10 mans...

Still they ignore everything that is beeing said. Every person can see how stupid it will be...

Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    Laff like Paladins even needed more buffs. Honestly so sick of all those children who play that easymode class getting ridiculous buffs every single patch. It's beyond ridiculous. Ret/Holy back to vanilla wow status plz.
    You don't know what you're talking about so stfu, okay? They needed to change ret but this is very frustrating cause
    a lot of new problems appear with the changes in Cata.. and they're far away from fixing ret. (The same goes for a
    couple of others speccs.)

yay super tanks googoo

Quoting Lunaspike:

Nope, I get my money back. I don't want you to fix it, you had your shot at my cash. Now someone else will get it. It's that simple.
    ----

--To Luna:

Actually I used to work at those sort of Fast food joints. I dealt with a couple people like you before, and here's what I said when a customer tried to return food. (usually already eatten or half eatten food)

"Thank you for your patronage, We hope you enjoyed your meal and apologize that it did not measure up. Feel free to fill out a survey if you like. Good day."

Once and only once was I threatened for ignoring the so-called tough guy bluster, and that chap was arrested for it. It really never is smart to throw a fit in a place frequented by cops, as for all the flexing of percieved power, the guy with the badge trumps all.

Quote Originally Posted by Imreallybadwithnames View Post
    I'm confused. Bliz said tanks are doing about 75% of the damage dps are, because of vengeance...

They also removed all of the threat reductions from classes and put all the different sources of threat increases into one spell(blood presence, bear form, defensive stance, righteous fury)..so...shouldn't 125% be more than enough(75% increased by 125% is 168.75%)? 200% means tanks are doing like 225% more threat than dps. 75% increased by 200%=225% dps' threat..
    Unless I'm really mistaken or WoW uses some very odd equation for their percentages, that was some bad math with you're percentages. 125% of 75% is not 168.75% it's 93.75% and 300% of 75% is 225%, but 200% of 75% is 150%. 150% shouldn't make tanks sweat hard to hold aggro, but at the same time the way tanks will reach that inherent 75% of damage as a dps is through a passive ability that is constantly stacking and non-linear. It won't be at it's full potential at the pull so the overthreat will allow a little time for vengeance to reach the full ap bonus for tanks. They're trying to keep tanks from generating a ton of aggro at the beginning of the fight and then being able to hold aggro while doing little in the more stable parts of the fight which is truly how the aggro system works currently. On a boss that doesn't aggro wipe of have any special multipliers on aggro there is very little trouble for a tank aggro-wise during the bulk of the fight. Only during a lot of movement or the pull when the boss is getting nuked by fully cd popped dps is aggro even a true concern for a tank in my experience. They're trying to make the game fun for people and hopefully they're succeeding with this new patch