Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd like to have tps chart of some raids with decent geared tanks knowing what they are doing to get an idea.
    We can't just pull numbers from nowhere and say "125% is fine" or "200 is fine"

Id' like to see what numbers blizzard used

Love the mage changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who has attempted to tank on the PTR's would understand why this is necessary. With the removal of threat reduction modifiers on DPS in the talent trees and other things, you could be tanking a boss and hit it with a Revenge, followed up by a Shield Slam (two-of the highest threat-causing warrior abilities) and a Fury Warrior will rip the boss off you immediately after. Blizzard isn't trying to make tanking easy. They're simply trying to make it possible again ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelyn View Post
    Anyone who has attempted to tank on the PTR's would understand why this is necessary. With the removal of threat reduction modifiers on DPS in the talent trees and other things, you could be tanking a boss and hit it with a Revenge, followed up by a Shield Slam (two-of the highest threat-causing warrior abilities) and a Fury Warrior will rip the boss off you immediately after. Blizzard isn't trying to make tanking easy. They're simply trying to make it possible again ^_^
    add ons like omen were made for a reason.if the fury warrior rips threat off your tank,its not automatically the tanks fault because he wasnt pulling enough threat.it could be because your warrior was just bashing away and not caring about how much threat hes pulling

although,i gotta admit though.i cant really say from expierance because i havent played the ptr,but i have heard that warrior tanking was kinda screwed up at the moment or somethin.but maybe thats why they buffed the threat generation or whatever
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2010-10-06 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    add ons like omen were made for a reason.if the fury warrior rips threat off your tank,its not automatically the tanks fault because he wasnt pulling enough threat.it could be because your warrior was just bashing away and not caring about how much threat hes pulling
    But on the PTR, and to some extent on the Beta aswell, Thunderclap couldn't keep aggro off of a healer, much less a DPS. A boomkin doing his minimal threat rotation would pull aggro off a tank in 2 seconds flat.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    sorry if youve just shield slammed and revenged a mob and the dps hits him twice and pulls agro...that is broken

Glad they are tuning the threat appropriately. I don't want my job tanking to be easy, and I'm SO greateful that AoE tanking won't be necessary anymore and we can go back to CC's and such, but I also don't want it to be ridiculously difficult either. Looks like they're nailing down that happy medium.

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Love the mage changes.
    and the Priest changes, and the Rogue changes, and the Shaman changes. QQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice threat buff, mostly needed judging from the beta testers feedback.

Holy Paladin will be hawt to play <3 <3

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who complained about the increase in threat has obviously not done anything at all on the PTR/Beta, the threat increase was VERY MUCH needed. Stop complaining about things you know nothing about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz is still holding-on, on the bat nerf for mages. Time will tell or time will forbid it to happen..

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Conflagrate change? GJ Blizzard...
    And Fire Mages are fine. Yeah sure.
    i lol so hard when i see locks qq about mages
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

When this build will be up in the ptr?

When this build will be up in ptr?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelyn View Post
    Anyone who has attempted to tank on the PTR's would understand why this is necessary.
    No I don't feel It was and yes I tank on the PTR

But I'm open minded and If you have numbers, dps chart, tps chart etc coming from the PTR please share

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    But on the PTR, and to some extent on the Beta aswell, Thunderclap couldn't keep aggro off of a healer, much less a DPS. A boomkin doing his minimal threat rotation would pull aggro off a tank in 2 seconds flat.
    i guess that all comes down to the intelligence level of the people in your group.which no offense but i havent really seen the brighest people whenever ive tanked randoms on my warrior,but maybe its different at lvl 80 because im only like lvl 60 right now

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    and the Priest changes, and the Rogue changes, and the Shaman changes. QQ
    If you're gonna QQ at least just do it for one class let someone else have the others.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

I hate the way people say: "OMG, Blizzard up threat, so tanking easy, aoelol"

This is PTR, the TEST realm: it is not a nerf, it is not a up, it is BALANCE!!!

So before complaining about threat or dps, wait for the live version, please

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Warlocks gets the bat again.
    Yer, destruction iwth it's 20k conflags in lvl 80 gear wasn't Op at all:P

---------- Post added 2010-10-06 at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Conflagrate change? GJ Blizzard...
    And Fire Mages are fine. Yeah sure.
    I feel ya, now with the game having been released allready and the beta ended weeks ago, it seems they really fucked this one up....

oh wait
    Meh