Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Guardian of Ancient Kings question

Hello!

I got a question for beta club members, regarding Guardian of Ancient kings for Retribution spec.

I would like to know if it's damage is scalling by the haste effect player has, and if it's damage is good comparable to other spells like it.

Also, when you use it, do you get any additional skills for it? Like shaman's ghostwolves or water elemental.

Thanks in advance.

Halfway off topic, but I'd also like to know if it can be Dark Simulacrum'd.

From what I have heard the damage it does is very low, nearly useless. All it does is auto attack. Numbers really need to be adjusted to become more viable. Right now it is barely even worth having it on your bars.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Hello!
    Also, when you use it, do you get any additional skills for it? Like shaman's ghostwolves or water elemental.

Thanks in advance.
    you dont get a pet bar for them, they are supposed to be only a guardian, at least thats what the blue post said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    From what I have heard the damage it does is very low, nearly useless. All it does is auto attack. Numbers really need to be adjusted to become more viable. Right now it is barely even worth having it on your bars.
    The Guardian also gives you a stacking Strength buff every time it auto-attacks, and then when it ends unleashes the buff as aoe damage. So you can't consider just the guardian's damage when using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    I sure hope not, that will be the ultimate insult to the class.
    Last edited by mmocbc36cf2888; 2010-10-08 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted
    Does it require mana to cast? If it does then there's a big probability it CAN be currently :P. Although it probably won't be copyable once release comes around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doldis View Post
    Does it require mana to cast? If it does then there's a big probability it CAN be currently :P. Although it probably won't be copyable once release comes around.
    But then so does Divine Shield and you can't copy that apparently. So i am guessing it will be the same with GoAK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently GoAK is amazing for Prot, and next to useless for Ret. (I don't play Holy, so I have no comment on that one.) It needs some serious damage tuning, or a complete rework.

Yes, it is fairly awesome for Protection. I use it a LOT. For Retribution I frequently forget to use it and don't notice. It looks pretty though.

How much stacking str does it give?
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

you maaaayyy want to have a look at this video from simon and lewis from 'the yogscast' who are showing us all three types of the new level 85 paladin ability. it's not the best video about GoAK although, but anyways... enjoy
    Last edited by xiza; 2010-10-08 at 03:14 PM. Reason: typo D:
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

20 Strength per stack, you get a stack for each of your attacks and the guardians attacks. ( so yes to the haste question. ) however it lasts 12 seconds so you dont stack so high.
    just took this SS for you as well.
    Last edited by Anjilo; 2010-10-08 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Screenshot

from wowwiki:
    In general, if you can't reflect an ability, you won't be able to copy it either.
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    I think its awful that the lvl 85 prot ability is just a worse version of an ability we already have (Divine Protection on a shorter cooldown). Yes I know they've nerfed DP so GoAK is better, but could they seriously not think of anything new instead of recycling old ones?
    Well i don't know many prot paladins really like the guardian absorb but yes it is a bit boring. Personally i always felt PW:Barrier was more fitting of a Prot Paladin Guardian spell but meh. Just Imagine, the Guardian is summoned and casts mini bubbles over the tank and 5 party members in range to absorb x ammount.

Would be pretty sweet. I love the holy guardian, and at this point im just happy Paladin are still in the game xD
    Last edited by mmocbc36cf2888; 2010-10-08 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjilo View Post
    20 Strength per stack, you get a stack for each of your attacks and the guardians attacks. ( so yes to the haste question. ) however it lasts 12 seconds so you dont stack so high.
    just took this SS for you as well.
    Thanks so much for the info, but sadly this seems stupidly lackluster for a 5m cd. Even with haste up the wazoo (yeah thats the technical term) and say you do manage to get in 10 stacks thats not even as much as our libram does now, and at that point its going to "pop" for what 1100 damage? Just doesnt seem like its enough for this long of a cd. If they increased it to say 75 str, allowing it to stack up for 15-20s and let the str durration last for another 15-20s after the guardian is gone (no more stacks) it might be doing enough damage to warrant a 5m cd.

I suppose I should also ask, is it on the gcd?
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Wait a min....the guardian can be killed?! Since when could it be targeted?

Can it be killed for prot too?

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think the best idea for Prot GAnK was the one from the threat on Prot CD's being lacking. Basically shift it to something along the lines of Sacred Shield, where every time the Guardian hits the enemy you gain a shield equal to a certain % of the damage he did. Would not be OP, and would be WAY more fun for a level 85 prot ability than the current rubbish version. Of course if that happened, we'd need to swap DP back to it's current state.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Guardian of the Ancient Fail. Hurray for another useless paladin skill in casterclysm!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BDF View Post
    Wait a min....the guardian can be killed?! Since when could it be targeted?

Can it be killed for prot too?
    According to GC our guardian is invincible and won't be target-able in retail.