Deleted

This shit shoud be implented into the game.

Ill start here.

Pve and pvp Damage that u do against a mob or a player shoud be diferent so the balance of pve and pvp can be balanced somewhat more ez. Like Atacks that are good for pve but then becomes to good for pvp. Damage from atack shoud change when target is a player or something like that.

World chat that Can be entered after lvl 15.
    Last edited by mmoc6adf7369f4; 2010-10-26 at 07:02 PM.

I can't even understand you do you speak english...spellcheck/edit

Terrible... just terrible... resilience has a purpose, and so do bank alts.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

This shit is about to get DANGEROUS!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninurta View Post
    I can't even understand you do you speak english...spellcheck/edit
    I think he's saying that abilities should have 2 tipes of damage, one for player and one for mob/boss/etc that way it could be "balanced".

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many people would flame 'bout their damage being 'l0w'.
    And for me: Can't see any sense in it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    and so do bank alts.
    Christ XD

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Quote Originally Posted by Loonatek View Post
    I think he's saying that abilities should have 2 tipes of damage, one for player and one for mob/boss/etc that way it could be "balanced".
    this, i agree with op, blizz proves time and time again that they cant balance both, resil in beta in the first tier of pvp gear mitigates little to no damage, and you will see spell cleave dominating again. I can see boom/destro, boom/disc, and destro/ sub dominating for the first1 or 2 seasons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanur View Post
    this, i agree with op, blizz proves time and time again that they cant balance both, resil in beta in the first tier of pvp gear mitigates little to no damage, and you will see spell cleave dominating again. I can see boom/destro, boom/disc, and destro/ sub dominating for the first1 or 2 seasons
    The reason it isn't the way the OP describes is because then the lines between PvPers and PvEers will be blurred. Blizzard probably doesn't want that, and many other players wouldn't either.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, before resiliance was implanted. if a spell is so op, nerf in not in pve, but in pvp only, however, if a spell is to OP in pve (& prob in pvp too then) people qq for it in pve also because they are at the top of recount.. face it, everything is OP except shamans muhhahahaha!!

Having a few abilities that do different things / amounts of damage in PvP and PvE is actually a great way to balance the game.

For example the way Deep Freeze works with frost mages. It does great damage to enemies who are permanently immune to stun (bosses and some bigger mobs) but does a stun in PvE. I believe if they did this with more classes you could balance PvP and PvE a lot better.

What this dude is trying to say is he would like every ability to work two separate ways. One for PvE and one for PvP. For example in PvE your frostbolt as a mage may be able to do much higher amounts of damage making frost mages much more viable, but when that same frostbolt is fired at a player in PvP it will do much less damage. This could go even further than damage by possibly changing how abilities work alltogether depending if you are PvPing or PvEing at a given moment. I think this would really help balacne out both aspects of the game without screwing up one ascpect in favor of the other to do so.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't we once have a World Chat?
    I thought they took that out for a reason :/
    Dawwwwwww

I've heard several times in the past that having to make an ability do two different things based on PvE or PvP (CC notwithstanding) is something they do NOT want to do. Or...that they did not want to do. I have not heard this sort of thing brought up for some time so I dunno if they are of the same mind.

But really what the OP is asking for is implemented in the form of resilience. Rather than make every single ability have double the values to worry about, and thus have to tweak individual abilities time and time again, all they do is make a "PvP stat" that makes the correction for them. That way when you are in PvP, you wear resilience and the damage is X, where in PvE against monsters it was Y, where Y > X.

So it's already in, really. Just not in the far-too-involved process of making every single ability have two different damage calcs.
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!