Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Oh the atrocities I read on this topic ...

Crit rating ... seriously ....

stats

I was wondering what you guys think. Currently i am finding myself reforging away from excess parry and dodge to add hit and expertise. Should i really worry about spell hit cap? I've reached the melee hit cap, but in order to achieve the expertise cap and spell hit cap i will be sacrificing avoidance stats (even when i have my glyph).
    Unfortunately i cannot post links yet but you can find my character sheet on the armory by searching for "Arkazriel" on the Eldre'Thalas server.

Any help for optimizing my stats would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cema View Post
    Oh the atrocities I read on this topic ...

Crit rating ... seriously ....
    yes... like i said... Personal choice. not something i would do at 85, just now, for fun factor.

guys I don't have super gear on my tank.
    I never had any problems in heroics or low level raids.

I have
    hit 48
    crit 4.06

expertise 33
    dodge 22%
    parry 15%
    block 22%
    mastery 8.54

I see I have 63.45 of 104 in the combined stats...ouch

after reading that each should be at 21% this is epic fail

I tried moving some of my ret gear over to see how this changed that is the reason i have any mastery.

do I bring down dodge to get up hit and then mastery?

I are confused.
    Last edited by sparks; 2010-10-13 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Isolyphic View Post
    Excess Hit and Expertise (and parry if no excess stats) into Dodge Rating. At level +81 it's ideal to turn these stats into Mastery.

Why parry? Parry scales poorly compared to other mitigation.
    this is outdated therefore wrong parry diminishes at the same rate that dodge

Quote Originally Posted by Devodin View Post
    1) Stack parry rating up to 21.21% and dodge rating up to 21.6% (931 rating for both stats). Dodge and parry are our most effective ratings up to this point.

2) Reforge excess parry and dodge into mastery rating until you reach 102.4% combined avoidance and mitigation. The following in-game macro can be used to make this calculation in one click:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5))

This number is not in combat and does not add in the bonus from holy shield procs... unless you use the macro while it's active... Either way, good to know!

3) After the block cap, continue to increase dodge and parry in somewhat equal proportions without dropping below 102.4% combined avoidance and mitigation.
    Thanks I somewhat expected something like that. May I only ask you to post source? I'd like to know where does this datacome from to verify if it's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeleina View Post
    Thanks I somewhat expected something like that. May I only ask you to post source? I'd like to know where does this datacome from to verify if it's correct.
    102.4% mitigation has been the same since Pre-BC. it is the amount you need to remove "Hit" from the table and only have mitigation stats.
    it is definitely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar View Post
    102.4% mitigation has been the same since Pre-BC. it is the amount you need to remove "Hit" from the table and only have mitigation stats.
    I know about 102.4% cap. I was more curious about math behind 931 rating for dodge and parry.

I know about 102.4% cap the real value is more like 87.5% isn't it?

I see people saying we need to be hit and expertise capped...
    what is the caps we need?

ah i see. maintankadin:
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic

quote about DR:

"According to the matlab model, that occurs when you have 931 parry rating, or 21.21% parry on your character sheet.

It's the same calculation for dodge, but since we have more base dodge it comes out to 21.6% dodge on your character sheet. To get that in rating, you need to assume a particular level of agility buffs, so it's probably just easier to work in percentages."

im pretty sure soft caps are 8% hit and 26 expertise

So many misconceptions: Blizz has stated that Parry rating = Dodge rating %. As well, Str = parry now.

Block got a major buff, the mastery is also more effective as well.
    30% dmg reduction on blocks, and with mastery stack you can reach 60-70% block w/ HS up

thank you Lumidar

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Why would a tank need crit? -.-
    Threat. Crits produce metric asstons of threat. I spec'd for crit in Naxx, and it helped with the stupidly op hunters pulling stupid amounts of dps in the first tier.

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 10:54 PM ----------

ah i see. maintankadin:
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic

quote about DR:

"According to the matlab model, that occurs when you have 931 parry rating, or 21.21% parry on your character sheet.

It's the same calculation for dodge, but since we have more base dodge it comes out to 21.6% dodge on your character sheet. To get that in rating, you need to assume a particular level of agility buffs, so it's probably just easier to work in percentages."

im pretty sure soft caps are 8% hit and 26 expertise
    Taken to heart. Thanks, Lumi!

There are definitely better threat stats than crit rating, Lyese.

Quote Originally Posted by Eonath View Post
    The minus 20% dodge debuff is gone.
    They removed it? And kept in the 30% buff? LOL. Not like the 30% matters (removing/keeping) at this point in ICC, just saying though.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2010-10-14 at 01:14 AM.

just reforged my gear, had 26% dodge, 22% parry, 21% block. after reforging my dodge and parry to the above numbers: 21.6% dodge and 21.21% parry I ended up with:

21.63% Dodge
    21.26% Parry
    39.69% Block

with holy shiled and 5% miss i end up with 102.53% mitigation with kings. im at 102.25% normally
    Last edited by Lumidar; 2010-10-14 at 02:01 AM.

I went for EH gear 1 year ago so atm I'm completely fucked by the change. I have absolutely no avoidance to reforge for mastery and I loose 8k armor which is not fun AT ALL (say I take 20% more damages lololol). I am really angry when blizzard changes all the itemization and basically says to players who chose their gear wisely "lol who cares how carefull you were on your gear choice. new we make the bad gear become the best lol and the baddies will have a easier time than u lol"

Btw reforging for threat stat is a pretty bad idea. Threat is not a problem atm, survival is :x

Quote Originally Posted by Cema View Post
    I went for EH gear 1 year ago so atm I'm completely fucked by the change. I have absolutely no avoidance to reforge for mastery and I loose 8k armor which is not fun AT ALL (say I take 20% more damages lololol). I am really angry when blizzard changes all the itemization and basically says to players who chose their gear wisely "lol who cares how carefull you were on your gear choice. new we make the bad gear become the best lol and the baddies will have a easier time than u lol"

Btw reforging for threat stat is a pretty bad idea. Threat is not a problem atm, survival is :x
    those who selected their gears wisely would have both :P thanks for calling me a scrub though.

15+ Year Old Account
    those who selected their gears wisely would have both
    Agreed. What did you do with all the avoidance gear that dropped, let it get sharded?!

I've been collecting for months now - I have everything I wanted.

It would drop and all the other tanks would be like "EWWW NO ARMOR" and I'd say... "I'll take that... for a rainy day"

It's a rainy day guys, rainy day!
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Would this mean that I dont need to be soft capped(8%) with hit? I can just reforge my hit into avoidance if I can reach the cap?
    Currently at 82 something, without HS up. Need to fetch 87.4, which I think I´ll reach if I remove my hit reforge and reforge the hit on my gear.