Protect your rights as a gamer

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...mpaign=TheFeed

Please don't write anything threatening/violent.

Just thought I'd post this on the worlds most popular games most popular site for gaming info.

Stand up for your rights as a mature and intellectual gamer.

---------- Post added 2010-10-08 at 06:47 PM ----------

not even one view? Fml

Well as a fairly libertarian conservative who hates the government dictating anything about my personal life....I'll be sending a shitty joystick.

But am I reading it wrong or does this only affect minor sales of violent games? Cuz if that's all it is, how's that different then what's in place now...

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a Dreamcast controller and now I'm sad because I never got to have one.

Also, I really doubt this will pass.
    Last edited by Nahte; 2010-10-10 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

The only case they have is that videogames can be addicting to the point of people missing work, doing poorly in school, etc. Sadly for them, games aren't actual drugs(just like TV isn't), so they can't have the government do anything about it for them. Really, all these petitions for protecting rights are sort of silly. If you're playing games legally, what's the problem?

Coming from a liberal, pro-government person.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripplebooya View Post
    Well as a fairly libertarian conservative who hates the government dictating anything about my personal life....I'll be sending a shitty joystick.

But am I reading it wrong or does this only affect minor sales of violent games? Cuz if that's all it is, how's that different then what's in place now...
    The real problem is that it is holding video games to a different standard then what other mdeia formats are held to. Retailers can be fined and employees arrested for selling Call of Duty Modern Warfare2 and Medal of Honor to a minor while the same minor could walk out the door with a copy of Hostel or the latest Eminem cd. It is just government butting in what should be a parent's job. ESRB has done a good job in implementing an effective ratings system.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    I saw a Dreamcast controller and now I'm said because I never got to have one.

Also, I really doubt this will pass.
    As of now there is almost no way it can pass imo. The law is tok loosely defined. It could pretty much say mario is too violent because you harm something to where it's unrecognizable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axelnomnom View Post
    As of now there is almost no way it can pass imo. The law is tok loosely defined. It could pretty much say mario is too violent because you harm something to where it's unrecognizable.
    Pretty much this, this isnt WoW china, we don't need skeltons taken out of video games, we don't need blood and gore taking out. We've all seen it before in movies, TV shows, the internet, and quite possibly real life. It's why there's an ESRB rating on them. That tells you exactly what the video game contains. There's no reason they can stop video game violence because adults are getting their sons M rated games that they clearly shouldn't be playing. They've tried this with nearly every GTA game after GTA III. It never worked, except for maybe Hot Coffee in San Andres, but that's somewhat a different story. I don't see it going anywhere. The Governator of all people taking about "extreme video game violence"....the irony.

What exactly stops the kids parents from buying them the game? And wouldnt almost every game contain some kind violence in it, heck they could classify WoW or even pokemon as 'violent' games because those pokemon are getting harmed and they portray 'human characteristics'. This is especially retarded to the point where they'd let a kid buy a PG-13 or R movie, or an Eminem Cd, but not a video game that has some violence in it. This isnt china, unless obama signed a secret agreement with china where they can run our country as long as they pay for our debt.