Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    you cant have a Power Aura for Lava Surge. The reason is because it procs a CD reset, but not a buff. Without a Buff power auras has nothing too look for.

what you can do, however, is use Mik Scrolling Battle Text addon, and custom set up an alert to blare in your face when lava surge procs.

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 10:58 PM ----------

Ok wait, scratch what i said, you can use Power Auras.

Set up an aura to display on "Action Usable" and whenever Lava Burst is off CD the aura will display. essentually showing whenever lava surge procs.

As someone mentioned in other thread "Elementarist" that small addon now have all we need to track

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disc and shadow priests get none, I don't believe holy priests do either.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I would track 7 or 8 stacks of lightning shield just so you can get ready to fire earth shock off without overlapping or wasting an orb
    I set it to 7. Still when you hit 9 stacks you will at least have casted another LB. Especially with 1300 haste you sometimes cast a LB too much for lava surge and fulmination.

Also a funny thing is I did 15 mil damage on a training dummy and I was still at full mana without using thunderstorm. And I was doing 11.6k dps, not in BiS but pretty close, with only totems up and no flasks or whatever. And I did make a few little mistakes after spamming 15 minutes ;p. Topped at 12.3k dps or something.
    I did reforge crit on all my items to mastery and I am now at 29% lightning overload. I don't know if this is a dps increase I was just trying it out.

What the hell? I just fixed my hunter, mage and paladin, and now just did my elemental spec and there's no blizzard auras or spell icon light up's at all? LOL this sucks. There should definitely be blizzard auras and icon light up's for Fulmination 9 stacks and also Lava Surge procs.

Seriously? Have they just not done them yet?

I'm sticking with the original power auras. I've set it up to keep track of lightning shields, lava burst being available (since we don't get a buff warning of the proc from the flameshock refresh) and also another aura for elemental mastery being available. If you need any help setting this up send me a PM and I'll tell you how to do it.
    Once a Hole, always a Hole.

SO has there been a blue post about this? Have blizzard said anything as to why elemental don't have inbuild auras?

Yeah, I was wondering why it didn't have a aura for Lava Burst either... ={
    "Me not that kind of Orc!" -- ♥ ♥YouTube ♥ ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Jeza TheShamanator View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering why it didn't have a aura for Lava Burst either... ={
    There is auras for ele shamans built in now. 2 orange half circles for lava surge procs and a pretty little green thingy for 9 stacks of fulmination

Quote Originally Posted by vlads View Post
    There is auras for ele shamans built in now. 2 orange half circles for lava surge procs and a pretty little green thingy for 9 stacks of fulmination
    Grats, you're using TotemTimers. That's not "built in" game. Those are just the Hot Streak and Maelstrom Weapon auras flashing on your screen because of TT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vlads View Post
    Want to know how I know you run TotemTimers?

Edit: On another note, I've got my PowerAura setup for Elemental linked in the FAQ, in my sig or in the sticky posts on the forum. It's not really flashy, like the new built-in auras are; I usually use the spell tooltip and then color it red/green based on whether it's up or not, but it DOES give you every piece of information you could want, rotation-wise, including a flame shock count, the ability to see exactly how many stacks of LB you have above 3, etc. There's a crappy youtube vid if you want to see what they look like in action. Just download the small .txt file and use the Import Set function in PowerAuras.

I'm also in the process of reworking it to be a bit more like the default auras, though I may blatantly steal the in-built WoW aura textures in the process (since I'm no artist). I don't have an ETA for that, I may finish it next week, or just before Cata launches; the changes will be mostly aesthetic rather than functional.
    Last edited by Endus; 2010-11-12 at 06:54 PM.

Shadow priests get screwed aswell.
    No indication for 3 shadow orbs.

something to keep in mind when setting up POWA addon, if you are trying to test out your auras, you need to be outside of a city. It took me a little while to figure that one out when i started using the addon a while back. They may have since fixed it, but when I am in a major city, or basically anywhere I am at a "rested" state, none of my animations/sounds etc will activate. Just step outside Dalaran to actually test your auras.

Ah so thats what it is, totem timers, I had no idea, thought it could be event aura's or bartender.

Thats it anyways, if people wanted to see.
    Last edited by f311; 2010-11-12 at 07:04 PM.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojee Showtime View Post
    something to keep in mind when setting up POWA addon, if you are trying to test out your auras, you need to be outside of a city. It took me a little while to figure that one out when i started using the addon a while back. They may have since fixed it, but when I am in a major city, or basically anywhere I am at a "rested" state, none of my animations/sounds etc will activate. Just step outside Dalaran to actually test your auras.
    This is because there's a toggle in the aura setup that's labelled "rested". By default, it's got an X on it, meaning the aura never shows when rested. I *think* the rested/in combat stuff doesn't get carried over with imported sets.

I have all my auras set to show when I'm "in-combat", regardless of rested status or not; if I'm dueling in a city or using the dummies, they show up.

This is the reason PowerAuras is one of my favorite addons. There is almost nothing about it you CAN'T tweak to work the way you want it to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fulmination is only one with an aura so far on beta, looks nice.

Don't set up a poweraura for lava burst cd if you want to know the exact second lava surge procs.

A poweraura set up for lvb cd won't show you that the cd is up if you have a global cd when it procs, until the gcd is up. If you don't think that can mess with your rotation a little then you're wrong. Use totemtimers and you'll know exactly when lava surge procs.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Shadow priests get screwed aswell.
    No indication for 3 shadow orbs.
    Shadow Priests get a glowy Mind Blast button, but no power aura

Holy Priests get one from Surge of Light.

Not sure if Disc gets one from evangelism stacks.

All of these should.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidv View Post
    Shadow Priests get a glowy Mind Blast button, but no power aura

Holy Priests get one from Surge of Light.

Not sure if Disc gets one from evangelism stacks.

All of these should.
    Spriests dont get one for Evangelism so i dont think Disc does

Deleted
    interesting