Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    >.> Am not playing my druid ever again...

Why oh why they didnt give us cool ToL model? 4 legs wood monster that looks like a OP wood mecha... but noooooo.... lets make it elvish... >.>

wonder when this build will drop on beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior View Post
    Why oh why they didnt give us cool ToL model? 4 legs wood monster that looks like a OP wood mecha... but noooooo.... lets make it elvish... >.>
    To those complaining that it looks elvish or masculine or WHY DOESN'T MY PREFERRED RACE O' DRUID GET ITS OWN YOONEEK TREE BLIZZARD?, I simply say this:

Elves were the first druids, then the Tauren. It makes sense that the ToL would have an elvish feel, especially given that it now more resembles the Ancients from WCIII. And also ... a tree is a tree is a tree is a fucking tree. The reason why bear/cat forms are different? Flavor. Savannah lions are more prevalent to Mulgore, panthers to Darnassus, tigers to the Echo Isles and ... cat dogs to the Gilneans, I dunno. A tree is a tree. Suuuure the ToL looks like something uprooted from Teldrassil or Ashenvale, but it's also the most easily recognizable and easiest to model and animate. What would a Tauren druid get? A towering pine tree or a stunted savannah wannabe-tree bush like an acacia. Gilneans would get a darky-dark-mcbroody pine as well. ...Trolls? A goddamn palm tree.

Sticking a lion's mane on an existing cat frame is one thing. It still moves with the same skeleton framework. Go a head and design me a moving, articulated palm tree that doesn't look as goofy as the new ToL. Do it. I dare you.

...the only thing I would add to new ToL are the lanterns and other doodad-thingers the Ancients have.

Deleted
    The new ToL form looks rubbish. Point. The whole Cataclysm expansion's art direction is just incoherent. They nuked one of the best looking models, the Good ol', cute, adorable, likeable Tree form and made it into a zero vector, nonchalance shitpile.

The T11 sets are laughable. Warlocks are struck by lightning jesters, warriors look like morons, thieves glow in the dark, drakes got remade, a bit tooled up, then the camel got an already existing animation, etc. It's a shitpile, like they don't have the money to make a few good looking models and create like 20 new animations for those goddamn units. Blizzard is da mudabitch.

---------- Post added 2010-10-13 at 09:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    @ The Last DJ: the problem is that the current (on live) Tree Form has no distinctly male / female characteristics in its appearance. It's asexual. This new one has a beard, and whether that's accurate or not to the WC3 model it's still going to annoy people. Also, it doesn't matter what form each race should have distinct differences to make it more clear which race the player chose.
    DOES A FUCKIN TREE HAVE SEX? NO THEY DONT HAVE. Thank you. IT HAS A BEARD... WTF CARES? Oh you are a troll druid? Then you will be blue, maybe a Tauren? Then you will get another color shade. Gimme a break. It's just shitty.

Give us good lookin models Blizzard, dont fuck us up.

15+ Year Old Account
    hum, wonder if there's a female tree of life. All the girl trees i know won't want a dwarf beard!

yeah...the ToL uses a orc model...better still have its old OP dance

Deleted
    I lol'd irl at the TOL models...sorry.

happy for my resto druids out there... but seriously???

They updated the form now that its a 3 minute cooldown, and moonkin, which is more outdated, still doesn't have a new model.

Hopefully it'll be out this week but seriously, blizz has the worst timing.

The main reason so many druids hated tree form was that it looked like broccoli, and they update it AFTER its on a 3 min cooldown.

>.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dfmesoftly View Post

DOES A FUCKIN TREE HAVE SEX? NO THEY DONT HAVE. Thank you.
    I'm really tired of seeing this over and over; yes, some trees have sexes in the way you are thinking (separate male and female trees), a good example would be Holly. If you don't believe me, look up the terms Dioecious, Androecious and Gynoecious.
    Last edited by kilcin; 2010-10-13 at 10:46 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boub,

Way too early on this post. The devs over at Blizz won't have it out for a day or two. I know you like to get info out ASAP, but this one jumped the proverbial gun and landed on the 15th. If you have an inside source, that's OK. But don't let the cat out of the bag until the devs tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Yhe Lil'somethign pets i assumes that are new additions in the pet store.

I welcome the Evagelism and masochism buff.
    Don't like the change on Mind spike, but it's obvious that they want us not to even consider using it in our normal rotation, with the threat reduce it's now a pure trash-spammer but useless for anything else.
    ..and here I was hoping we would have a better rotation for bosses but it looks like we'll be back to same old rotation with a couple deaths and blasts thrown in. (boring)

I really liked the (3 orb) double mind spike, mind blast combo. Changed it up a bit. Lets hope they come to their senses. Keep Mind Sear as our AOE, cut out Mind spike's aoe dmg and let us use it in our rotation.

- Zael

WoW Community... the bane of WoW's existance!

"Thanks for updating the feral forms! Now, Tree of Life is old, can you update that also?"

/Tree of life updated

"Wow, you guys suck. It's ugly. It has a beard. My mom touched me. It's ugly."

You know what children. If you're not going to like them changing things... stop asking them to change shit.

In case anyone missed it: That is why, as promised, we are offering a minor glyph if you just prefer the older, treant-based, version of ToL.

Don't like the model? Minor glyph it away...
    Last edited by Tablemaker; 2010-10-13 at 11:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post
    In case anyone missed it: That is why, as promised, we are offering a minor glyph if you just prefer the older, treant-based, version of ToL.

Don't like the model? Minor glyph it away...
    Not that I care about the new ToL form, since I don't have a druid and the troll one I plan on making in cata will not be resto, but what minor glyph? I just looked on WoWTal and the MMO-C glyph preview page, and I don't see it. Can you link it? Or did you just make it up?

Quote Originally Posted by zoma View Post
    Not that I care about the new ToL form, since I don't have a druid and the troll one I plan on making in cata will not be resto, but what minor glyph? I just looked on WoWTal and the MMO-C glyph preview page, and I don't see it. Can you link it? Or did you just make it up?
    I was curious, GC said that in a recent thread. In the healing forums, a thread called New Tree of Life Model: Confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, Blizz has confirmed glyph for old ToL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!
    I effing hate the new ToL.

I totally love the new tree of life(s). The old one was drab, these look great.

The new Tree of Life model is awesome but it made me giggle.
    http://gyazo.com/114d7387d23ed2f876ec63546a87946f.png

Deleted
    now with 40y range starfall is like a wipe button...why they can't change the starfall mechanic and make the shooting stars to hit only mobs that are in combat?

The new Tree of life is nice, but I hate blizzard for having changed starsurge graphic once again...
    Btw they change a 30sec shapeshift, but no new graphic for Moonkin form and Wrath?
    C'mon blizz they have the same graphic model since 5 years...

one last juicy thing:
    # Wrath now costs 9% of base mana, down from 14%. <- lol really ?????? then free wrath for everyone
    Moonglow Rank 3
    Reduces the Mana cost of your damage and healing spells by 9%.
    Last edited by mmoc37672be2a3; 2010-10-14 at 09:53 AM.

It's so odd, I just got the urge to rename my druid to "Afrobanch" now for some random and completely unidentifiable reason. Weird.