Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Frost, Fire, Arcane, which one did you go?

I went Fire / Frost , people are making me curious about arcane though, I currently see it as Fire > Arcane > Frost still in terms of which spec is better then the other, does anyone have diff opinions or even proof that frost is 2nd?

Well I spec'd right into Fire/frost then spec'd into arcane because everyone was saying it was OP. pulled most single target dps with arcane.

but I quickly went back to fire because arcane is so damn boring.

Deleted
    Went for arcane & Frost. the damage output from ARcane is just stupid and frost just for pvp : )

Despite my misgivings about all three I tried all three.
    All three are excellent.
    I am willing and happy to play any of the specs available.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Intended to go fire and frost but arcane got so hyped i had to try it. The damage is impressive but im not sure if it was the tank i was with or what but they just couldnt keep the mobs off me if i do more than 2 arcane blasts :/

Fire + Arcane atm but I also tried frost earlier today, pretty fun!

I tried frost and fire, I was underwhelmed by frost and fire just blew my mind. The only problem I'm having with fire is in the first 30 seconds of the fight(when im doing over 30k DPS) the tanks can't keep aggro over me so I keep having to either get salvs or invis before mirror images fades. Keep in mind the tank I'm doing it with is in full 277s. I realize that tank threat is weak to start out now but I can see that causing problems if blizz doesn't do something about their threat.

Yes I could just back off and wait for threat but where's the fun in that? Something I love about mages is riding the tanks ass in threat and forcing them to play better.

Frost and fire.

Played with frost for a bit, but currently ice lance is OP as hell and was a bit boring to play, so now I'm messing with the new fire pvp.

Pretty fun.

Arcane ofc for 1 shotting ppl(i made a warrior and a lock cry and go delete their chars)

Fire PvE and frost PvE which I'll use to solo stuff with as well.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xzard View Post
    Went for arcane & Frost. the damage output from ARcane is just stupid and frost just for pvp : )

+1 for arcane/frost

Deleted
    I went frost/fire... arcane needs to be put back in the owen, not quite done yet imo. They got the recipe down, but it still needs to bake abit more. Sure the single-target dmg is off the charts when blowing all you cd:s, but the mana-management part makes me sleepy.
    Last edited by mmoc7116eda3f9; 2010-10-14 at 09:54 AM. Reason: sometimes things goes by to fast

I'm frost/frost

I really like the Frost rotation, not really pulling the most dps, but hey it's fun, and wanted to try something else..

frost PVP is just overpowered

Deleted
    Well Arcane isnt too bad with 40k crits:

Arcane and Frost, both PvE specs. Mainly because my gear was optimized for Arc and Frost before so figured would be best to use those until 85

ok so i just read that they plan on nerfing fire - HOW MUCH MORE? right now, its insanely nerfed since you cant have Pyromaniac if there are no adds - given that bosses usually spawn some and with the fire blast/impact dot spreading its still nearly impossible to have 100% uptime. and thats a talent which is tier6 talent.

i tried frost as well - specced more like pvp, but was spamming the dummy eventualy. did a quick voa25 all 4 and the dmg output is RIDICULOUS. not to mention with IV/BL frostbolts were around 0.8 with the talent down to 0.2/3. also in pvp with the talent proc + IV you can get more than 2 frostbolts and icelances assuming a 5sec stun. also icelance hits unbelieveably hard - was dueling frost mage in full wrathful with MA and was critting for over 9k-10k me in pve gear.

also wtf nerfing? how about FIXING THE GLYPHS pre release hum?

personally i am VERY, VERY happy with the changes, fire and frost are sick, arcane is 55k+ crits so no comment thereLOVING IT , but seriously - TUNING - yes, NERFING - NO!

Tried fire and arcane for pve so far. Arcane is the clear winner so far with 75k crits and seemingly endless mana.

Arcane/Fire depending on the fight

Quote Originally Posted by BroJanek View Post
    Well Arcane isnt too bad with 40k crits:
    l2gear! ;-)