10+ Year Old Account

Undocumented changes

One undocumented nicety that I found while questing with my brother last night is that the UI now displays each player's progress on a particular quest. For instance, if you need to collect 99 gnoll paws (feels like it sometimes), when you mouse over the mob it will say something like:

Player A - 46/99 Gnoll Paws
    Player B - 38/99 Gnoll Paws

It was definitely a welcome change (assuming it wasn't in the game before in some option that I never looked at).

Are there any other undocumented changes that you guys have caught?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Lor'themar has his new armor and sword....but not the voice

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't that been like that for a while now? I level plenty of alts and I'm fairly certain it'd show the number of mobs you needed to kill. Maybe I'm going crraaaazy.

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

Shadowform received a new sound on cast! ^-^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odexy View Post
    Hasn't that been like that for a while now? I level plenty of alts and I'm fairly certain it'd show the number of mobs you needed to kill. Maybe I'm going crraaaazy.
    What I'm talking about is it showing your whole party's progress on the quest, not just your own. I'm fairly certain it hasn't been like that since I've been leveling multiple alts in various groups and never seen it that way. However, I wish they would've taken it a step further and given some sort of UI element that you can immediately see your party's progress instead of having to mouse-over a quest mob.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odexy View Post
    OP says that it now also shows the progress of your party member if he/she's on the same quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robula View Post
    Shadowform received a new sound on cast! ^-^
    No more "whoooooosh"? Lol. I need to go listen to the new sound now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    OP says that it now also shows the progress of your party member if he/she's on the same quest.
    Reading comprehension fail on my part. :3

Why can't we just admit it? We won't stop until the blood is flowing.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you click on the yellow quest markers on the map it now highlights (in blue) the regions on the map where the quest mobs/items are located. It may have done this before, but I hadn't noticed.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

A lot of spells have different sounds. Wrath and (I think) Lightning Bolt come to mind. They're now this "Kssssshh" sound. Sort of like cold water hitting a hot pan. Kinda.

Deleted
    You can now cast your flying mount when swimming. Not sure if you can also cast it underwater, but definitely when floating at the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Bloodfire View Post
    Lor'themar has his new armor and sword....but not the voice
    Garrosh had his new updated model.

I wonder if they'll change his name to "Warchief Derp Overbite"

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Actually, you don't need to be on the quest yourself. Was in a Coilfang group on an alt and noticed quest text on the end boss. I checked my log and only had 2 quests for Helfire so I took a closer look at the tooltip. It listed the quest name and the player that was on it with their progress.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxal View Post
    If you click on the yellow quest markers on the map it now highlights (in blue) the regions on the map where the quest mobs/items are located. It may have done this before, but I hadn't noticed.
    yea that was way back in patch 3.3 they added that. but i noticed the geat war mammonth has eye holes now o_O does anyone elses mamonths have eyes o_O

Deleted
    Check the undocumented changes in 4.0.1 page at WoWWiki.com (not allowed to post a link)

Has some obvious, documented changes as well as some surprises: "Cold Weather Flying is now available to all characters at level 68"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MTops View Post
    You can now cast your flying mount when swimming. Not sure if you can also cast it underwater, but definitely when floating at the surface.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Its pretty awesome.

As a side note, you can also land on the water, dismount, and continue to stand on the water (and cast spells/fish/dance/etc). Its probably a bug and will likely be fixed.

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raynfal View Post
    A lot of spells have different sounds. Wrath and (I think) Lightning Bolt come to mind. They're now this "Kssssshh" sound. Sort of like cold water hitting a hot pan. Kinda.
    I wasn't paying attention to the sound, but I've noticed that my game is a lot noisier now.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynfal View Post
    Yeah, I certainly noticed Chain Lightning had a new sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    Actually, you don't need to be on the quest yourself. Was in a Coilfang group on an alt and noticed quest text on the end boss. I checked my log and only had 2 quests for Helfire so I took a closer look at the tooltip. It listed the quest name and the player that was on it with their progress.
    Thats good to know. Now we know who's holding out on us for quest sharing (not that it really matters come 4.0.3 when quests are inside the dungeon). :P

---------- Post added 2010-10-14 at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MTops View Post
    Check the undocumented changes in 4.0.1 page at WoWWiki.com (not allowed to post a link)

Has some obvious, documented changes as well as some surprises: "Cold Weather Flying is now available to all characters at level 68"
    I had completely forgotten to look there.

Link

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Boomkins have some new sounds and so dose the strike for Templar's Verdict. I am not sure if it is unique to VT or if all the strikes got it.

Several Warlock talent procs now have HUD graphics.