Imagination Time: SPriests

So we dont really know what its gonna be like at 85 what changes/additions/subtractions would you wish to see at 85? Note these dont have to be balanced just cool xD.

p.s. EU servers are down

Mind Spike - Instant cast; when cast places a debuff on you that increases cast time by 0.5 sec - stacks 3 times.

Shadowy Apparition - Chance to generate shadowy apparition increased by 100% when moving ONLY while Inner Will is active.

Make the apparition spawn next to you. He will walk towards the next target you damage with a direct damage spell. If a new apparition appears before the original reaches its destination it will merge with the original increasing its movement speed by 20% size by 10% health by 100% damage by 100%. Stacks 10 times. Also make apparition explode for aoe dmg yay!

Dispersion Talent additional effect while in shadowform using Leap of Faith on your shadowy apparition absorbs its power increasing your damage by 30% for 15 seconds. Could be a cool effect like turn into a mega angel or something.

Deleted
    stop doing mushrooms... boomkin stuff... stick to reality

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I havent slept for the last 2 days and I can honestly say that i dont get this small wall of text with holes.

Shadow Apparition: Haste now affects how fast your shadowy apparitions move.

Phantasm: Now also makes you immune to movement imparing effects for 1.5 secs when fade is used.

I'd also like to see them re-design Mind Spike as i'm just not sure what Blizzard wants us to use the ability for.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

mind spike cast time removed. Now instant cast

Mind spike now causes a debuff to be place on the priest much like arcane barrage called Dark Carnage(stacks 3times)

Dark Carnage - Increases damage done by mind flay for the next 10 seconds by 33/66/100%.

This gives us the option to add movement and the added benefit of bonus to mind flay at the same time while also having a spell we can use on the move that isnt a dot which isnt really meant to be spammed, or the limp noodle that is SWDeath now.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

The moment Mind Spike applies some sort of debuff to us, like it does now, then it becomes even more likely to never leave our spell book.

I mean really, you have to take a step back and look at it... what the hell is it good for?

Trash? Is trash going to matter THAT much in Cata?

So far, Mind Spike is looking like an alternate way for us to deal damage, which is just dumb.

In fact, the moment Blizz mentioned that Shadow Priests need a "Direct Nuke" spell, I wondered if they had forgotten about Mind Flay.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    The moment Mind Spike applies some sort of debuff to us, like it does now, then it becomes even more likely to never leave our spell book.

I mean really, you have to take a step back and look at it... what the hell is it good for?

Trash? Is trash going to matter THAT much in Cata?

So far, Mind Spike is looking like an alternate way for us to deal damage, which is just dumb.

In fact, the moment Blizz mentioned that Shadow Priests need a "Direct Nuke" spell, I wondered if they had forgotten about Mind Flay.
    by definition a channeled spell is not a nuke, but a short cast low dps spell isnt really a NUKE either.

to me a nuke is Pyroblast or Frostfirebolt. Even chaosbolt since's it is on a cooldown applies.

The applying a debuff to us idea at least gives mind spike a purpose. Since blizzard clearly wants SWDeath to be nothing but an execute we need a spell that isnt complete crap to cast on the move. Mind spike could fill that niche.

Right now mind spike and mind flay are fighting for position, which is why when mind spike was released the whole of shadow priests collectively went , wtf? mindflay replacement?
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Mind Flay isn't a nuke by itself.

But when you cast Mind Flay on a target with three of your powerful dots ticking, then things get interesting. When we get more haste, it'll become even MORE interesting.

Personally, I think they should drop Mind Spike all together and think of something new. We don't need a "Nuke". If we want burst, we have our MB / SW combo, not to mention that both of those spells became much more powerful with Mastery and the Execute mechanic.

Not sure what shadow really needs but another damaging spell... isn't one of them.

Maybe they could introduce a Glyph where it switches things up, so that Mind Flay removes dots, but Mind Spike doesn't...

Who knows. I just don't like it.

Hmm I wrote this last night? wtf had i taken...

Quote Originally Posted by say10 View Post
    Hmm I wrote this last night? wtf had i taken...
    Posting while intoxicated is dangerous, didn't you know?

Deleted
    I had seen it mentioned somewhere else before too...

but i'd really like to see shadow apparitions have an AoE explosion, like SoC or living bomb.

I'd really like if apparitions moved faster and caused a 1-2 second 30% snare when they hit.

The crying from melees would be immense, and god would I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post

but i'd really like to see shadow apparitions have an AoE explosion, like SoC or living bomb.
    But could you imagine the horror it'd cause in close range fights with CC... @_@ We'd be removed from all LFG 5 mans the second we zoned in!

don't try to be op and unrealistic with these please

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post

or as someone stated have a faster movement based on haste.

and if it crit it would be great, i have yet to see it crit once, and our t11 4p bonus is makes shadowy apparition have 30% chance to crit. why make an ability get crit that AFAIK is incapable of critting

Mine has crit quite a few times, actually.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I havent seen it crit, but thats also me not paying attention and most of the time doing bgs where apparitions are useless, so I'll take your word for it, still think that its movement should be affected by haste =P

another thing i had in mind on the ptr was a change to leap of faith from a life grip to an intervene-esque ability, where you pull yourself to the target, this would give priests (regardless of specs) the movement that they've lacked for a very long time.

Deleted
    If I had one wish about Shadow Priests, I would be without a shadow of a doubt different, better Mastery.

what?!? are you saying the 4000 more damage at 80 is not good? you're so bad /endsarcasm

I have to agree, make it slightly more like almost every other classes, it just makes you better at everything you'd normally do

or just make shadowy apparition our mastery, make it move faster (about 25-50% faster) and make it do damage based off of mind blast damage, like that had planned, lower the percentage of proc rate (reduced by about 10-20% while moving) and make the mastery affect the amount of the damage it takes from mind blast such as ~25% with just the "mastery" talent and ~3.1% per POINT (not rating) of mastery (work numbers as needed), make shadow orbs a mid talent (15/30% increase to MB/MS damage at 1/2 but proc'd like it currently is), where harnessed shadows is, and change harnessed shadows to where apparitions is now

and sorry about the block of text