Did mages really got nerfed?

Hi ive read a post that mages got hotfixed and are balanced now and in Icecrown a mage came down to me criting 25000 arcane blast followed by a 10000 arcane barrage 3 hours ago.

Im not that high resi, 1087 atm. (Alt)

When are they getting hotfixed in EU realms?

If i breaked any rules im sorry, i know this looks like a whine thread but its not, just wana know if the mages are hotfixed or not
    Last edited by Escargon Gesu; 2010-10-15 at 06:58 AM.
    Nani? *Shocked* Hohhe?

Yes we did get nerfed but we are still OP . I was doing around 25k as fire last night in heroic icc, on BQ I got close to 40k and on heroic LK during p1 I peaked at 53k with heroism,cooldowns and fireblast dotting which was impossible a few days ago before 4.0.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    Yes we did get nerfed but we are still OP . I was doing around 25k as fire last night in heroic icc, on BQ I got close to 40k and on heroic LK during p1 I peaked at 53k with heroism,cooldowns and fireblast dotting which was impossible a few days ago before 4.0.
    Read what forum you are posting in btw.

Didn't find mages that hard to kill now after the change but shadow priests and moonkins are a real pain now.

P.s I play ret paladin in bgs :P

Edit: Gonna try some when I get home and see how it looks from the mage part in damage.

Not sure how they are doing in pvp atm but I know damage is very high for most casters. I'm running arcane and my gear isn't that great (about 50/50 264/251 or less). With 4pc t10 bonus arcane power and a trinket procced I was hitting up to 59k Arcane Blast crits (in a 5 man).

As far as pvp goes though, wearing pve gear is obviously going to make them squishy, plus afaik all of those buffs should be getting dispelled or casts being interrupted. But if left on their own, yeah a mage can really do ridiculous amounts of damage right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xart View Post
    Read what forum you are posting in btw.

Didn't find mages that hard to kill now after the change but shadow priests and moonkins are a real pain now.

P.s I play ret paladin in bgs :P

Edit: Gonna try some when I get home and see how it looks from the mage part in damage.
    dont worry about droods anymore we just got the shaft.. with about 2500spellpower wrath hits for 1500 and crits for 3,1k

they also cut MF about 20% and cut IS by about 50%