Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Haste soft cap for demonology?

So I've already broken 1500 haste with a demonology build (2 points in bane) and was wondering at what point Im going to start seeing diminishing returns and if after a certain point I should regem for more int as opposed to haste?

The answer to that question is when your soulfire drop below the gcd during bl. Btw how the hell are you at 1500 haste with no spellstone now? Are you gemming haste?
    Last edited by Tritone496; 2010-10-15 at 01:36 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tritone496 View Post
    The answer to that question is when your soulfire drop below the gcd during bl. Btw how the hell are you at 1500 haste with no spellstone now? Are you gemming haste?
    Gemming haste is the way to go as demo atm... Yellow: Haste
    Blue: Haste/Hit
    Red: Haste/Int
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

Actually the blue slots I had gemmed with int/hit for some reason, Im actually now up to 1600 haste. Oh and I also enchanted my weapon with black magic so when that procs its 1850 haste. I'm just wondering if anyone has discovered a point at which haste is less valuable than say int crit or mastery?

Deleted
    Yeah, I got a bit confused yesterday when my RL told me to go demo. At that point I had like 1100 haste or smth. But after reading a few threads I noticed I should also gem haste. And reforge into haste instead of mastery etc. The weird thing is my shadow bolt had like 1.8s casttime with 1100 haste. But when I gemmed haste so I had like 1500+ haste, my shadow bolts were at like 1.7s. Thats almost no difference at all in casttime keeping in mind that I have 400 more haste now.

Am I missing something huge here or wth is going on? They want us at 2k+ haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Fejgiz View Post
    Am I missing something huge here or wth is going on? They want us at 2k+ haste?
    'They' don't want you at any particular haste level, because it's set up for 85.

Deleted
    So I should go back to gemming Int and reforging mastery ?

Soft cap (50%) is technically 1640 haste rating. Because of the long cast time of SB, immolate, and even incinerate and soul fire at this point, you can go over that without much changing.

I am currently sitting at ~1740 haste (gemmed haste in all yellow sockets, prismatic sockets, and blue sockets beyond 2 int/hit gems for the meta. Red sockets are int/haste.

This works perfectly well for demonology (18-20k tonight in heroic ICC, despite addon issues, and quirky raid environment in general). Even though the gemming/reforging strategy is supposed to be a lot different for destro (all int or int/haste, reforge mastery) I ran destruction on saurfang (have for a while, only warlock means I am usually responsible for shadowfury), and still managed 19k with suboptimal gear.

I would warn you that nerfs are probably incoming. Maybe its just my guild, but on several fights i was #1 by a 4k margin. Enjoy it while you can.

Red face

I am realy lovin' the changes to Demonology.

I have always been a HUGE fan of Demonology for a long time and I realy felt I started to finaly Shine in raids from Uludar on...

Its kinda wierd to starting to stack haste so hard after stacking spell power so hard.
    I did focus on Haste after spell power before, ofcorse... But I guess I am having a hard time swallowing the whole <b>"SACERFICE EVERYTHING FOR HASTE!!!"</b>.

I've reforged for Maximum Haste.
    Gemmed for haste... (Even Jewelcraft Gems here)

I'm currently at about 1300 Haste.

But how much further should I go?

Is Black magic worth grabing?
    Should I still pop Potions of Speed like candy?

I'm guessing Black Magic will be pretty good for Demonology. Pre-patch I remember it being slightly better than spellpower in sims for Patchwerk fights, but I never used it 'cause of wasted proc potential. Now that Haste is redonkulus compared to spell power alone, I'm bettering Black Magic will be ahead by a fair margin.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    -__-'

I have atm 1300 haste, and that makes me happy already with some decent dps.

Then i see this topic with people over 1600/1700 haste..

the f*ck :O

Not sure if I even want to bother re-gemming now when my gear will be changing in two months anyway. I don't want to have to spend more money on the ridiculously over-priced gems.

Deleted
    Good thing I have alts with proffs that can provide me with enchants, gems, and glyphs for almost no price :P

You cna get gems for real cheap from justice points, I logged in to find I had almost 12k points on patch day, you may be in the same boat sitting on an untapped resource of 'free' gemming for your main and alts.

OT:
    I'm sitting at 1335 haste without touching my gemming at all (still got int gems and int JC dragons eyes etc) but am hit capped. Now I'm wondering, now that afflictions pretty much dead, is haste worth enough in the stat per DPS point to replace 63 spell power to weapon with black magic? Having it proc at a bad time aside would it be a better enchant?

Not raiding yet, but testing on the odd dummy I had gemmed yellow haste, blue int haste and some red haste too.
    With haste close 1,5k I hit the dummy selfbuffed for close 10k dps, then I changed back most red to int and the yellow back to int/hast and reached 11k. I had reforged for haste where possible and mastery.

Imo cap is about 1,4k haste for demo locks.

Btw. regarding the profile at EJ you will only find 20 hit gems and int/haste.
    Last edited by koltara; 2010-10-15 at 12:23 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    Now I'm wondering, now that afflictions pretty much dead, is haste worth enough in the stat per DPS point to replace 63 spell power to weapon with black magic?
    Just as a note, affliction isnt dead. In fact its back to #2 dps spec...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    I'm sitting at 1335 haste
    You need 2 more haste.

Any tips/advice? I'm currently rockin' a mediocre 720 haste, after reforging for the maximum amount. Here is a link to my armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...mer&cn=Zorohon

Any tips/advice? I'm currently rockin' a mediocre 720 haste, after reforging for the maximum amount. Here is a link to my armory. Thanks in advance .

wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&cn=Zorohon
    Last edited by Zorohon-; 2010-10-15 at 04:19 PM.

LOL - so much for dual speccing