Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Massive paladin damage after buff? Soon to be nerf?

Anyone else getting amazingly high Hammer of Wrath damage? Today I logged on for the first time after they buffed pallies and nerfed mages (which btw fire still needs a huge nerf) and so on. I felt like testing out my damage and randomly threw on my wings and shot a Hammer of Wrath onto the heroic dummy and was left like this "O.o". I thought the 25k crit was too good to be true and shot another one out and got similar results. Is this a bug or just a result of blizzard fucking up the numbers? Anyone else feel like this will get a huge nerf?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's an execute with your wings up.... HoW has always hit for high amounts, even in Vanilla.

As to if 25k (with wings) is too much, how much does the hunter execute hit for?
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    Anyone else getting amazingly high Hammer of Wrath damage? Today I logged on for the first time after they buffed pallies and nerfed mages (which btw fire still needs a huge nerf) and so on. I felt like testing out my damage and randomly threw on my wings and shot a Hammer of Wrath onto the heroic dummy and was left like this "O.o". I thought the 25k crit was too good to be true and shot another one out and got similar results. Is this a bug or just a result of blizzard fucking up the numbers? Anyone else feel like this will get a huge nerf?
    Why? It's not like wings is immune to dispel or spell steal, it's not as if HOW as 10000 yard range. The damage is fine, lets move on shall we.

They buffed us cause we were lacking.
    I'm not even going to mention the 'But burst damage could be too high' executes should hit hard, combo point stacked abilities should hit hard.

Safe to say there are least 3 more classes with priority on a nerf queue if it ever should hit us, regularly hitting harder without the need of:
    1) A dispellable cooldown.
    2) HP in execute range.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2010-10-15 at 02:58 PM.

It will balance out at 85 so no, it won't be nerfed (Or shouldn't anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post
    Why? It's not like wings is immune to dispel or spell steal, it's not as if HOW as 10000 yard range. The damage is fine, lets move on shall we.
    Well, "The damage is fine" is subjective. For example, they decided to nerf Shadow Word: Death several times yesterday, firstly reducing the damage it does and secondly making it hit for almost nothing unless the player was at less than 20% health. The problem was because of the glyph they added which means you can spam it a lot when the target is under 20% health, and so they decided to reduce the damage....above 20% health. The glyph didn't reset the cooldown above 20% health anyway, but they decided to nerf it in any case.

They could have just changed the glyph, but now we have a gimped Shadow Word: Death which we need to keep casting when the target is above 25% health anyway in order to keep our mana up.

So just because the damage is situational doesn't mean they won't nerf it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

15+ Year Old Account
    The damage is fine- It is similar to the Warrior Execute, but hits nowhere NEAR the Warlock "execute".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Well, "The damage is fine" is subjective. For example, they decided to nerf Shadow Word: Death several times yesterday, firstly reducing the damage it does and secondly making it hit for almost nothing unless the player was at less than 20% health. The problem was because of the glyph they added which means you can spam it a lot when the target is under 20% health, and so they decided to reduce the damage....above 20% health. The glyph didn't reset the cooldown above 20% health anyway, but they decided to nerf it in any case.

They could have just changed the glyph, but now we have a gimped Shadow Word: Death which we need to keep casting when the target is above 25% health anyway in order to keep our mana up.

So just because the damage is situational doesn't mean they won't nerf it.
    Yes you raise a valid point but the comparison is Moot.Remember that the Spriest arsenal in this regard is good if not great, Mindflay, Fear DOT DOT ( If your stupid enough to dispel it) FEAR, DOT, DOT... SW: DEATH.

That was strong, do you not admit it was subject to a nerf?

With Wings and HOW, the damage is good but you can dispel wings, perhaps they could make wings undispeable or offer some dispel protection and nerf the dmg output. That way both a damage nerf would not be seen as such, but more of a balanced buff.

Atm having all our helpful buff's open to dispel is not very nice and nor is it fun.
    Last edited by mmocbc36cf2888; 2010-10-15 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Cant type.

25k doesn't seem like a lot of damage to me anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, dear god yes, massive crits

"What are we, if not slaves to this torment..." Sylvannas Windrunner, Former Ranger General of Quel'thalas.

Remember that the base damage got buffed a lot, it has very poor scaling now, at lvl 85 with t11 raid epics it will probably crit for not even 30k.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drulz View Post
    25k doesn't seem like a lot of damage to me anymore.
    In PvP it crits for 11k after the Resilience change.
    In PvE, I was getting 34k crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Moxal View Post
    It's an execute with your wings up.... HoW has always hit for high amounts, even in Vanilla.

As to if 25k (with wings) is too much, how much does the hunter execute hit for?
    My best crit self-buffed with Kill Shot was 13k.

How good is our damage when every buff is chain purged off us and our wings is spellstolen? Ret isn't as destructive as you think.

15+ Year Old Account
    The damage is fine if it needs nerfs so do all the current caster spells that can gib people, But to better finish this balanced for 85 not 80.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grimkiller View Post
    My best crit self-buffed with Kill Shot was 13k.
    Level to 80 then come back with numbers please.

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    The damage is fine if it needs nerfs so do all the current caster spells that can gib people, But to better finish this balanced for 85 not 80.
    Not going to happen, they'd have to rename Casterclysm to something else, and it's already on the boxes ready to be sold. =P

They could buff judgement now, cuz its always have been more damage than exorcism but now exo does alot more damage, my recount shows that exo hits do almost double damage than judgement

+ we need a better heal in pvp. WoG doesnt really do the trick

Quote Originally Posted by Aonix View Post
    Level to 80 then come back with numbers please.
    Killshot doesn't hit for as much as it used to from the reports I am getting from guild hunters. 10k crit self buffed and 15k in a raid. (one 30k on blood queen though)

Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    They could buff judgement now, cuz its always have been more damage than exorcism but now exo does alot more damage, my recount shows that exo hits do almost double damage than judgement

+ we need a better heal in pvp. WoG doesnt really do the trick
    Exorcism does need to do a lot of damage, more than Judgement. Judgement is now used mainly for our buffs, we get mana, speed, and haste from it now. Exorcism is a proc, it needs to do enough that we want to push that button when its available.

I agree on the PvP healing though.