Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    DESIGN FOR CATA:

all pvp gear buyable for points with no rating requirement except for tier 2 weapons

It might be a bug, but its probably intentional.
    There isn't going to be another arena season, so locking people out of the gear isn't really needed. I mean if people wanna spend 6 weeks farming t1 wrathful stuff just to have it all be crap at game launch, I see no issues with it. They left a requirement on the higher end items, but more than likely, when Cata launches, its all gonna get tossed on a vendor for any level 80 twink to buy(for cheap too, I'd guess).

I'm not too worried about it. Hell I might even grab a 264 weapon for my DK and hunter for leveling purposes if I have time.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

Deleted
    hate it tbh, worked hard for the 1977 rating even cost me 30 euroes ( server change ) and now this ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    you can get and equip all the 264 wrathful for honor points regardless of rating requirement shown, you just cant get the 277 gear. great for my shammy alts shield, sure beats farming PoS in a grp of pallies and shammies all rolling on one.

You can buy everything except for 2k shoulders / 2200 weapons... but I don't see the point in wasting time on gear that will be replaced by level 81.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trezor View Post
    You can buy everything except for 2k shoulders / 2200 weapons... but I don't see the point in wasting time on gear that will be replaced by level 81.
    Well, Cata won't be out for 1 and a half months. Name something better to do then?:P Besides, personally, I'm farming the achies anyway and so far have wasted all the excess honor on epic gems. Now it's a nice little extra,

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather just farm to the honor cap.

Deleted
    Shoulds also now?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterspark View Post
    That is incorrect, you still need arena rating to acquire Wrathful items. That said you no longer need arena points and you can purchase it with new "Honor Points".

PS:

Arena Season ended and therefor you won't be able to participate and acquire rating.
    Wrong, my alt bought the ilvl 270 wrathful shield for 70 honor despite never having been in arena at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    DESIGN FOR CATA:

all pvp gear buyable for points with no rating requirement except for tier 2 weapons
    But sexier gear with same stats for rating!
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

So does pve, it's called "I killed that boss and you didn't"
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Deleted
    There is a blue confirming that this is intended and you CANNOT buy t2 weapon, tabard or shoulders but you CAN buy the rest with honor points and NO arena/bg rating required EVEN IF THE ITEMS ARE RED !

Maybe I should actually just click the thing, cause when i went on my shaman everything is coloured red.
    Desktop - AMD FX-8120 @ 3.8ghz - 8GB DDR3 OCZ - Sapphire 7870
    Laptop - M11X. Revision1 - 1.7ghz ULV Dual Core - 4GB DDR2 - GT335M

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevii View Post
    Apparently you can buy wrathful gear even if you don't have the required rating. And I understand something like this happened in Season 4. I'm curious if this is intended or not. And by doing this is it an exploit/bannable offense.
    1. It IS intended.
    2. You posted the exact same thing twice?
    3. In your sig - Skill >> GS. I bet that horse doesn't know how to move out of fires.

Yes it's intended, and you can't buy shoulders or t2 weapons (unless you currently have a 2k+ personal rating).

Welcome to my world. . .

I was able to buy the 1800 weps last week with out the rating on my alts