Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdFire InOx View Post
    Yes, I mean a duration tracker for Searing Totem. Would come in very handy right now.

It is a royal pain in the ass to drag them, as for example : for LS we gotta move 2 or 3 icons to the same location I can't remember, for LvB 2, etc. Think I'm gonna spend some time taking care about it =/
    Ok I just started doing the Resto shaman package, and I configured Mana Tide there, so I now know how to set up totems. It's like I described above, just pick "Totem" as "activation by", and type in the name and you're ready to go.

For the dragging thing, I think typing coordinates is way better and easier, just for the reason you described. You gotta move 3-4 things, and by hand, you can't place them perfectly on top of each other etc. Also, this way you can make it pixel perfect.

But do not worry, I will be adding a searing totem timer in the next version (which should come soon) anyways

Deleted
    i really love ele shamam tho its one of my alts and not my main, i always messed the rotations, cuz im to lazy to fully understand and config PA, this is really a help now that rotation and prios have changed, ill instal as sson as i get home, and my only wish is that a dedicated player would create the 'best config' for procs and usefull skill for each class(i know thats to much work) to make better players even better.

I read "Ok I just started doing the Resto shaman package..." and I was immediately excited.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Boned, you sir are a God amongst men. I just recently found my addiction to my shaman and have decided to drop my DK for him...and Ele is the most fun of all 3 specs. This mod setup blows Shock and Awe out of the water imo. Thanks for your work in this and i hope this becoimes the #1 go-to mod for ele/resto shams, when you get the resto end finished that is =)

Deleted
    im having a slight nproblem, downloaded it, renamed the file inside with my account name, replaced files, but ingame when i /powa theres nothing there

Quote Originally Posted by Bonedead View Post
    Ok I just started doing the Resto shaman package
    Sweet

15+ Year Old Account
    worked great after i clicked spec 2 on each button.

Thank you kind sir, you just increased my dps by 1k.

Quote Originally Posted by Azreial View Post
    Boned, you sir are a God amongst men. I just recently found my addiction to my shaman and have decided to drop my DK for him...and Ele is the most fun of all 3 specs. This mod setup blows Shock and Awe out of the water imo. Thanks for your work in this and i hope this becoimes the #1 go-to mod for ele/resto shams, when you get the resto end finished that is =)
    Thanks, you're gonna give me a blush

Also, make that "the #1 go-to mod for ele/resto/enha shams". I definitely don't plan on stopping with resto

Ok so, I nearly finished the resto package, but it's not my main spec, so I would like to get some ideas on what should be in it.

Currently it has: Riptide CD, Nature's Swiftness CD, Shock CD, Focused Insight buff timer, Tidal Waves buff timer, Mana Tide totem timer and CD, Water Shield tracker and Earth Shield tracker. The Earth Shield tracker doesn't show a name, however, as I don't think I can do that with PowerAuras. But still, it shows the number of charges and the time left for expire on the target you cast your ES (even though you don't have him targeted)

As for elemental, I added Blood Fury in place of Berserking, and am planning a huge change on the trinket panel, giving support for every other trinket aswell (phylactery, spyglass and quill), and make them rearrange themselves so they always show up in that 2 slots, and won't ever override each other. I might also add to show the ring proc buff.

You can create an aura, select "Buff" at "activation by" dropdown menu and then ticking all the checkboxes that say something about checking for the buff in your raid, and cast by you. Then you can put a timer on it, but I don't know if you can make it show the name of the person who you buffed with Earth Shield.
    Cheers! I'll have a go when I get home and see if I can build watershield and earthshield into it while still maintaining the overall style Also, thanks for the tip about the glow box!

If you mean a timer for Searing Totem, I must honestly say that I don't know. BUT, there might be an option for totems at "activated by" dropdown menu.
    If u have the latest the version of Powa, u can slect from drop down meny Totems and on name type 1 (1=fire totems), then tick use own icon, now what i cant figure out is how to setup a timer on it :P

and thx for sharing the code

wow my mouth is wide open; i was unsure if i ll begin again with wow but now, with an awesome addon like this the choice is much easier. cause i havent played for years, would you give me an advice for youre whole addon setting like in youre video? -

thumbs up for this great work!

Deleted
    This thread has been added to the Shaman sticky Compendium.

very nice ur work i personally like the LS code good ideas to take, congratulations for ur work

Ok so, I nearly finished the resto package, but it's not my main spec, so I would like to get some ideas on what should be in it.

Currently it has: Riptide CD, Nature's Swiftness CD, Shock CD, Focused Insight buff timer, Tidal Waves buff timer, Mana Tide totem timer and CD, Water Shield tracker and Earth Shield tracker. The Earth Shield tracker doesn't show a name, however, as I don't think I can do that with PowerAuras. But still, it shows the number of charges and the time left for expire on the target you cast your ES
    I think you have whats needed!
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

For anyone that can't wait for an Earth and Watershield tracker, here is one I played around with. Sad o say goodbye to Shields up! but if I can have one mod do the work of two... I will take the one mod :3 Ofcourse, thanks to Bones as I pretty much just copy and pasted a few elemental auras :P

The three dots represent Water Shield orbs. When you lose them, an orb disappears. When you have no shield up, the word Danger is displayed instead. Earth shield functions just as Lightning shield.

Code:
    Set=Restoration Spe@
    Aura[73]=Version:4.1; icon:Spell_Nature_SkinofEarth; buffname:Earth Shield; begin:3; x:-140; groupany:false; alpha:0.85; owntex:true; isResting:0; mine:true; speed:2; spec2:false; groupOrSelf:true; size:0.22; y:-10; texmode:2; finish:3; timer.Texture:Monofonto; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:BOTTOM; timer.x:-8; timer.Transparent:true; timer.Seconds99:true; stacks.enabled:true; stacks.y:23; stacks.x:-23; stacks.Relative:BOTTOMRIGHT; stacks.Transparent:true; stacks.Texture:Monofonto@
    Aura[74]=Version:4.1; g:0.3373; icon:Ability_Shaman_WaterShield; buffname:Water Shield; r:0.3098; begin:3; x:-167; groupany:false; stacks:1; texture:72; alpha:1; isResting:0; mine:true; speed:2; spec2:false; size:0.12; y:30; ismounted:0; finish:3@
    Aura[75]=Version:4.1; g:0.3373; icon:Ability_Shaman_WaterShield; buffname:Water Shield; r:0.3098; begin:3; x:-140; groupany:false; stacks:2; texture:72; alpha:1; isResting:0; mine:true; speed:2; spec2:false; size:0.12; y:30; ismounted:0; finish:3@
    Aura[76]=Version:4.1; g:0.3373; icon:Ability_Shaman_WaterShield; buffname:Water Shield; r:0.3098; begin:3; x:-113; groupany:false; stacks:3; texture:72; alpha:1; isResting:0; mine:true; speed:2; spec2:false; size:0.12; y:30; ismounted:0; finish:3@
    Aura[77]=Version:4.1; g:0.3373; icon:Ability_Shaman_WaterShield; buffname:Water Shield; r:0.3098; begin:3; x:-140; groupany:false; texture:43; alpha:1; isResting:0; mine:true; speed:2; spec2:false; size:0.39; y:30; inverse:true; ismounted:0; finish:3@
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2010-10-18 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pearroc View Post
    This thread has been added to the Shaman sticky Compendium.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Icedogg View Post
    very nice ur work i personally like the LS code good ideas to take, congratulations for ur work
    Your feedback is highly appreciated, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Saracens View Post
    I think you have whats needed!
    I'll be releasing the new version soon then

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    For anyone that can't wait for an Earth and Watershield tracker, here is one I played around with. Sad o say goodbye to Shields up! but if I can have one mod do the work of two... I will take the one mod :3 Ofcourse, thanks to Bones as I pretty much just copy and pasted a few elemental auras :P

The three dots represent Water Shield orbs. When you lose them, an orb disappears. When you have no shield up, the word Danger is displayed instead. Earth shield functions just as Lightning shield.
    Yours seem like the one I just created for the resto package. However I have seperate boxes for Earth and Water Shield tracking at the moment. I might use your idea for water shield though. Don't worry, I'll give you credit

---------- Post added 2010-10-18 at 08:02 PM ----------

Rejoice, for version 1.1 is now available!

Summary of what's new:
    - Full restoration support
    - New Lightning Shield stack visuals
    - New active cooldown visual
    - Searing Totem timer

Yours seem like the one I just created for the resto package. However I have seperate boxes for Earth and Water Shield tracking at the moment. I might use your idea for water shield though. Don't worry, I'll give you credit [COLOR="red"]
    We're all shaman here, by helping others I indirectly help myself

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    We're all shaman here, by helping others I indirectly help myself
    So did you check the new version and the changes?

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Cant wait to see it up on Curse. Will definitely DL it.
    It's up on WoWinterface, go on and try it

I have tried to upload it to Curse, but it wouldn't accept the file because it's not an "addon" per se. It required a single file, and a .toc file with the same name, thus, I was unable to post it there.

/Like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story