Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Baradin Hold is open on beta servers

Baradin Hold is now active on the beta servers. Gonna try to get some pics when I get the chance.

Deleted
    Here is a killshot of Argaloth, only boss in BH atm. I'm not allowed to post links yet
    yfrog.com/2owowscrnshot101610015215j

Anything about what he does? Or does he not even have abilities or something?

He is pretty much a Brutallus Copy until phase 2.

He does the Meteor slashes like brutallus and(phase 2) Fel firestorm which covers the floor in flames, He has 21.5 million hp on 10 man Normal.

His enrage timer seems to be around 6 min and 10 seconds.

Im actually tempted to add brutallus sounds to him when I Fraps him and do some editing lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Anything about what he does? Or does he not even have abilities or something?
    The meteor slash thingie works in the same way as in the brutalus fight, you have 2 groups (with one tank in each) on different sides of him taking turns tanking. It's a stacking debuff but no need to have move than 1 stack at a time on each group. He casts some dot (magic) to players and it should be dispelled. When he hits 66% and 33% he switches phase and he starts spawning fire on the ground (for maybe 30 seconds, its a channeled spell), just move out of it. My raid used 2 healers and 2 Tanks, healers were paladin and shaman. When he enrage (after about 6 minutes) he could still be tanked with cooldowns, he hit me (feral druid) for 130k per hit.

Atm there are only 3 trashmobs, but hey are quite nasty if not handled correctly. The apply a debuff to the tank that increase arcane dmg taken by 500%, and cast a arcane dmg spell every now and then, so either have 2 tanks taunting off each other when one has the debuff or stun the mob when its casting the arcane dmg.
    Last edited by mmoc09027c684f; 2010-10-16 at 02:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully doesn't have the "burn" mechanic. It'll be a horror to kill him in PuGs if he does.

Deleted
    He enraged exactly at 5mins after start of encounter.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZsocxymBg8o

baradin

This was a fun fight.
    Last edited by Cataclysmpriest; 2010-10-16 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    Videos (Paladin PoV): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCWUxxSOsmI&fmt=22

Or here: (Hunter PoV) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsocxymBg8o

World of Logs indicates people doing around 10-12k DPS, depending on the spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks simple, which is what I expected from the "VoA" of cataclysm.

Can't wait to see the big boy raid testing on sunday

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Hopefully doesn't have the "burn" mechanic. It'll be a horror to kill him in PuGs if he does.
    If he drops set items, it wouldn't be bad to make it a little harder to kill for casuals in my opinion.

Deleted
    Loot:
    cata.wowhead.com/item=60255
    cata.wowhead.com/item=60468

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michal View Post
    If he drops set items, it wouldn't be bad to make it a little harder to kill for casuals in my opinion.
    They usually have bosses undertuned on beta servers to make sure mechanics actually work, and than buff them on live.

Sweet. About time the Pit Lords make a comeback in WoW.

a demon? geez, here i hoped on something like a giant two headed whale!
    okay, i didnt knew what i expected. gonna enjoy fight him i think!

---------- Post added 2010-10-16 at 10:24 PM ----------

i like how it looks like some kind of dirty prison.

The cool thing was that today he seemed bugged so we farmed him literaly whole afternoon long ^^

He is very easy if you know what to do, the fire that he spawns, you can even dodge it. If you are looking out for it, it are meteors crashing in on you from above, you can move about just in time. They only require you to sidestep about 5 yards to be out of the fire. I would even recommend only sidestepping 5 yards so that you have room to manouver.

Although they don't seem to hit much, I had the feeling that they started to "punish you bad" if you would keep standing in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shity boss rly .. like Marrowgar or something like that.
    Rilanciownz-Outland Eu
    Desertwolf-Sylvanas Eu

10+ Year Old Account
    Boss seems to hit like bosses in Wrath of the Lich King. 15-20k is very little. Trash in heroics do more I believe, even bosses. I expected more from this, even if its regular. HP seems appropriate to dps requirement and enrage timer. The 200k Slash seems fine, doing 30k to every player stacked on the tank seems fine.

Only complaint seems to be the boss hitting like a girl. The fire should stay for the entire duration of the fight, making it more hectic , besides 5k per second standing in that fire isn't a lot of damage.
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2010-10-17 at 01:21 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Increase his melee and make meteor slash last longer and do less damage overall would make it better since the flames would be a threat than.