Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just to make it clear if someone missed it, the nerf you saw 25%-10% has already happen on live realms it was that quick hotfix they had. They are just wording it out when they added it to the Beta build. So they aren't nerfing fire "more" since they only did it one time before you even posted probably :P

Screwing fires is bad for you, I know from experience ):

Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    It's a blanket nerf to a blanket buff. I fail to see the problem.
    hahaha you are so right.

Deleted
    I sure hope so.

/cast Flame Ward

It's neccesary to nerf it.

No, it's not necessary to nerf anymore, and they're not.

I've run 5 seperate 5+ minute parses on dummies. All of them are +/- 3% DPS span of what I was doing on dummies before they posted the 25-10% specialization information. Thus it's easy to speculate the post was just speculation and the information was clearly clarification, not a further nerf.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    they might nerf it. who knows they're blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    Fire's been superior to Arcane in ICC as soon as you're full 264 or better, perhaps you should learn more about your class before complaining, let alone speaking on temporary balancing issues that will be reverted or less harsh in Cataclysm at 85.

And as for your "20k" statement, I've seen a fire mage prior to the nerf this week open up on the LK at 35k dps, and that's with waiting a good 10-15 seconds to be sure that he didn't pull off the tank once Mirror Image was over.
    Most probably because it's a cleave fight. With an impact proc he could spread a huge ignite, living bomb, frostfire and massive combustion dot to all the adds.