Thread: Selfless Healer

Deleted

Selfless Healer

Is this talent worth getting at the moment, when i have 3Holy Power or even the Mastery proc i think i'd be better off still using TV ?

And would this talent become more useful at lv85 when we have a bit more mastery and Hand Of Light proc?

or does it just suck

*just to add im talking about pve*
    Last edited by mmoc62e6623663; 2010-10-16 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moltor View Post
    Is this talent worth getting at the moment, when i have 3Holy Power or even the Mastery proc i think i'd be better off still using TV ?

And would this talent become more useful at lv85 when we have a bit more mastery and Hand Of Light proc?

or does it just suck
    Depends, in PvP it works but PvE i dont se no smart idea why we should use it. we're not healers in pve..
    Not that we're healers in PvP either but in Arena iit could save lifes!

This talent is awesome if you spam Cs -> 1HP WoG -> CS -> 1HP WoG -> CS -> ... when you are outdamaged by someone.

Also it boosts your other heals, flash of light in particular (use it, really worth it )

I get 3,5 k heals from that talent only each time I cast a heal. And I do it all the time.

I'm speaking this from prot PoV, but it should be worth it for ret as well.

EDIT: I'm talking about PvP.

Using WoG is always a dps loss. Selfless Healer only helps lessen that blow if you heal someone else.Personally i hate it, and didnt spec it.

Essentially this talent is NEVER benificial to you, the person who specs for it, but only ever intented as a benefit to people around you. The entire goal of that talent is to get you to heal other people. Im not a healer, i specced for dps. Its not my job to keep other people alive when they, or the healers, fail at doing so.

Deleted
    i was thinking because of the 12% damage bonus for 10seconds

Selfless Healer:
    -Create macro that autoselects a friendly target
    -Keybind the heal to mouse 4.
    -???
    -Now enjoy your DPS gain without all your "boo hoo, I'm not a support class" jibber jabber.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Deleted
    if you compare that 12% damage bonus to what you would get from a full-fledged TV with 3 HP, you will notice that you actually lose DPS when you use WoG instead of TV.

the reason they added it was, supposedly, so that paladins could heal others in arena without losing too much DPS themselves. but MAKE NO MISTAKE, it is a DPS loss and should never be considered in any serious raiding scenario unless someone would die if you don't (but you got healers for that). i think it's a stupid crutch for something that didn't need fixing, since ret is a DPS spec and should be treated as such. i don't care that i maybe could save someone else by healing or that i maybe can save the entire raid by saving that person. all i care about is my numbers. it's the same logic as with AoW, i rarely use it, if ever, since i'm not a healer (and besides, i CBA to make macros for extra targeting. and i hate clicque).

/end rant.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is still a DPS loss. You give up a TV for that.

SH was a failure because you give up a potential 15k TV for a 10k WoG. Similar talents...eg. Maelstrom Weapon...were the reverse....you may give up a 4 k Lightning Bolt for a 10k heal. The added effect moves things closer to that, but only if you heal someone else. In essence, you give up damage and your own survivability to help someone.

nzall is largely ocrrect in his view regarding this. The trouble is, Paladins have an entire tree dedicated to healing and while the talent was supposedly added for flavour, to allow Palaidn who wanted to ehal others to do so, the effort was wasted and unnecessary since such Paladins could spend points in the Holy tree. Instead, the talent plays well into Rets new design goal as a "team player" which only fuels suspicion that the spec is being orientated towards a support role.

The talent does nothing for ret except in any situation where healing is a priority for the spec. That rules out BGs, soloing and raiding. It doesn't affect survivability which largely rules out dungeons. In short, the only time the talent is of any use is when Rets take a healing role....ANYTHING else is untenable given the ramp up time for WoG and you shouldn't spend points on the hope you'll have 3HP in the few seconds you have to heal a tank who isn't going to be healed.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2010-10-16 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    i don't care that i maybe could save someone else by healing or that i maybe can save the entire raid by saving that person. all i care about is my numbers.
    Really?

@OP: It's more PvP oriented. Although it does come in handy time to time in dungeons. The damage bonus is to compensate for the loss of DPS, but TV will always be better in terms of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space