10+ Year Old Account
    No. FB refreshes by taking a snapshot of your stats at the moment you refresh it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreff View Post
    Well, now this is getting weird: I imported my character to Mew and run a simulation checking my DPS and stat values and the result I got is:

( Pawn: v1: "Feral Druid Cat (Mew)": Strength=1,18066, Agility=3,10389, Ap=1,12443, CritRating=1,00029, HasteRating=1,17004, MasteryRating=0,93587, HitRating=0,84813, ExpertiseRating=0,84189, MeleeDps=5,02937, IsWand=-1000000, IsCrossbow=-1000000, IsGun=-1000000, Is2HAxe=-1000000, IsThrown=-1000000, IsBow=-1000000, IsSword=-1000000, Is2HSword=-1000000, IsAxe=-1000000, IsShield=-1000000, IsDagger=-1000000, IsFist=-1000000, IsMace=-1000000, IsPlate=-1000000, IsMail=-1000000, SpellPower=-1000000, Intellect=-1000000 )

Why the value of mastery is so low and haste is so high? Did I do something wrong in sim?
    Any help please?
    once a drood - always a drood!

Any help please?
    http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3129#p3129

maybe its because you're wearing some items sets wich increase the potensy of Haste and devalues Mastery (Think Tier12)
    Dunno if that helped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Stand still autoattacking the boss, do not refresh dots and don't use shred if you have less than 100 energy.
    As I'm not really a fan of letting my dots go away that easily, i made my 5cp, then swipe the hell of adds, then reapply dots to maintain uptime, and swipe the hell. I was in the upper ladder of single target boss dmg and ooze dmg (thanks to my mobility and kitty reflexes), but to be honest swiping without maintaining dots seems like a waste of kitties instincts of my own Nevertheless, thanks for the advice, ill try to fix that crap next time we will face this OMGRNGisaBITCH boss (yeah 2x double adds last 2 ooze phases a try before kill )

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Did you read the cat guide?
    Is there a "like" button somewhere???

Quote Originally Posted by Calathiel View Post
    And 2 nice trinkets as well How much % of your dps on Ultra comes from Vial proc?
    Hard to give an accurate amount since we haven't killed him or really pushed him below 60% yet. We only had a handful of attempts and had tonight off, but I'd say it was at least 5% or so of my damage.

Quote Originally Posted by peki View Post
    love to pick your brain sometime smokey
    Feel free, I'm by no means a math guy, I just go off my own experiences from the past 3 years or so playing the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoz View Post
    I've seen your logs from Yor'sahj fight, and i've been comparing your dmg on specific actors with mine. Can you tell me, when you spam your swipe and use berserk to increase my overall dps and dmg from swipe?
    That fight just tends to be random with the spawns. There's no real way to line up Zerk unless you're sitting on it for a period of time which I don't advise unless it's like 15 seconds at most. On Tuesday we only had 2 pulls on that, but the damage on my first compared to second alone is a 4k DPS difference. I attribute that to RNG of add spawns, OOC procs, getting more crits, things like that. It's not so much that I'm doing anything special, it's whether things line up and I'm able to swipe while biting sub 60% so rip never drops off. Like anything with feral it's a dice roll.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    IMO, its untoralable. We are losing 3k dps because we are not able to dps from behind.

My average dps is a little bit higher than yours, 38.6 after daily ~60 tries, but they still keep me just because I'm healing raid with FR in last seconds of the fight.
    I'm 2 itemlevels below you, have lfr 390 Wrath of Unchaining, don't have vial of shadows at all, but have 410 weapon. Mihir says that its just a little bit better than 403 Kiril, but I never did any tests myself. I guess you can do more than 35k.
    Yeah I mean on openers I've spiked like 45k, but that's nothing compared to the 60k's I've spiked on other bosses while shredding. After the opener I typically drop down to between 34 and 38k. Unfortunetly I still haven't had enough attempts sub 60% to give an accurate estimate of my DPS, but I'd think 40k is possible.

Will be raiding him tomorrow and hopefully getting some nice attempts in, I'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    Yeah I mean on openers I've spiked like 45k, but that's nothing compared to the 60k's I've spiked on other bosses while shredding. After the opener I typically drop down to between 34 and 38k. Unfortunetly I still haven't had enough attempts sub 60% to give an accurate estimate of my DPS, but I'd think 40k is possible.

Will be raiding him tomorrow and hopefully getting some nice attempts in, I'll see what happens.
    It looks like it will be hard to show any good dps as long as we will have to use our set bonus to heal raid in last minute of the fight. I was at ~40k dps for the first 5 minutes, but dps dropped significantly when I switched to bear(and later, when I casted tranquility). Finished up with 37.8k dps on our first kill.

But even with 30k dps feral cat in this fight is totally amazing.
    I managed to heal 1.48kk to raid and 280k to myself with 4p frenzied regeneration. Its 2 times more than restoration druids can heal with tranquility. I'm pretty sure that it was impossible for us to kill the boss using just 4 healers without this set bonus.

I still got my 4p T12 for DPS since I'm pooling all my new gear for tanking this tier, but I wonder how the rotation looks like without the 2p and 4p once we're in T13 gear when we berserk. Should we go back to spamming shred, or keep using FB? I've tried both ways when I've had the chance to switch to cat while tanking but not gotten any clear results.

Yea, would like to know that to

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    I still got my 4p T12 for DPS since I'm pooling all my new gear for tanking this tier, but I wonder how the rotation looks like without the 2p and 4p once we're in T13 gear when we berserk. Should we go back to spamming shred, or keep using FB? I've tried both ways when I've had the chance to switch to cat while tanking but not gotten any clear results.
    Well sub 60% you absolutely want to FB to refresh Rip, but above 60% its a bit closer. Last I checked the DPE of FB was higher than Shred though, so FBing is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol View Post
    Well sub 60% you absolutely want to FB to refresh Rip, but above 60% its a bit closer. Last I checked the DPE of FB was higher than Shred though, so FBing is the way to go.
    During berserk, the DPE of FB varies. At certain points it is higher, at certain points it is lower than that of shred. Though to be honest, I don't think it will make a noticeable difference either way. I would also recommend FB'ing when appropriate.

Well, now this is getting weird: I imported my character to Mew and run a simulation checking my DPS and stat values and the result I got is:

( Pawn: v1: "Feral Druid Cat (Mew)": Strength=1,18066, Agility=3,10389, Ap=1,12443, CritRating=1,00029, HasteRating=1,17004, MasteryRating=0,93587, HitRating=0,84813, ExpertiseRating=0,84189, MeleeDps=5,02937, IsWand=-1000000, IsCrossbow=-1000000, IsGun=-1000000, Is2HAxe=-1000000, IsThrown=-1000000, IsBow=-1000000, IsSword=-1000000, Is2HSword=-1000000, IsAxe=-1000000, IsShield=-1000000, IsDagger=-1000000, IsFist=-1000000, IsMace=-1000000, IsPlate=-1000000, IsMail=-1000000, SpellPower=-1000000, Intellect=-1000000 )

Why the value of mastery is so low and haste is so high? Did I do something wrong in sim?
    Well, you don't really need simulations to understand how to reforge now. Its obvious, that its better to be near hit/exp cap, but you don't have to be exactly at cap.
    Also its obvious that nothing can beat agility, its obvious that we have enough crit and that crit is not useful enough, so the only real question is what is better - haste or mastery.
    In most cases haste is better. Faster energy regen means better switching, easier(but more intensive) rotation.
    But it greatly depends on fight.

On Morchok mastery is slightly better. The difference will be not even noticeable.

On Zon'ozz haste is slightly better. You will not be able to take full advantage of your dots because tentacles die(and they should die) too fast. But if you leave some tentacles alive and let the dots to finish them off, the picture will be different.

On Yor'sahj haste rocks. A lot of target switching, a lot of aoe(mastery is useless for aoe), bulbs usually die before dots even start ticking. Mastery will be worse than crit for this fight.

On Hagara haste is better. Moar dps on burst phase, more energy to refresh dots on ice crystalls while you run by.

On Ultraxion mastery is much better. You will not be able to dps from behind, it means that your main attack will do a lot less damage --> dots will be more effective. Also dot's will still tick while you are in normal realm(its just 0.5 seconds 8-10 times per fight, but still)

On Warmaster Blackhorn mastery is totally amazing. Your main goal here is to keep both adds doted with rake+rip. It is really complicated because they charge around, they move all the time, they turn, you have to run to Twilight Onslaught to split damage, etc. But if done correctly, no one will be able to beat you in this fight. You can aim to at least 40k+ dps in this fight by using this method. 2pt13 helps a lot, because all you need is to refresh rake and use 1-2cp FB to refresh rip on targets below 60%. There is no single fight on WoL where ferals used this tactics, so you can be first to have impressive +10k top dps result

On Spine of Deathwing mastery means nothing. You should do your best performance to burn down Burning Tendons. You have to do as much burst damage as possible. Any kind of multidoting on this fight is useless, and no one actually cares about your dps on this fight on everything except Burning Tendons.

On Madness of Deathwing - have no idea, I'm not korean Most likely haste will be better.

All above is about 25man Heroic, maybe for other modes its different.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    [...] I would also recommend FB'ing when appropriate.
    which means, only to refresh Rip sub 60% when it's about to run out
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol View Post
    Thanks but I was asking which one is better during Berserk, since the extra energy consumed by FB doesn't benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    During berserk, the DPE of FB varies. At certain points it is higher, at certain points it is lower than that of shred. Though to be honest, I don't think it will make a noticeable difference either way. I would also recommend FB'ing when appropriate.
    Alright, I'll start shredding like a madman then since I prefer that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    which means, only to refresh Rip sub 60% when it's about to run out
    I was more thinking using FB if your debuffs/buffs weren't in danger of dropping, but if you want to shred your heart out, I don't think it will be much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    Thanks but I was asking which one is better during Berserk, since the extra energy consumed by FB doesn't benefit from it.
    Under Berserk was implied in my response since it was asked in your question. The difference is very small either way.

I do wonder about refreshing Rip from FB too early tho, since some Rips have TF/pot/trinket etc... and some do not. I haven't really seen this discussed anywhere. It seems to me like it might be better to wait to refresh a Rip that had extra buffs until its about to expire and its better to refresh a Rip asap if you've just gained one of these buffs. Maybe it is a given, but again, I've never really seen it discussed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, you'll still want to shred past 5 cps for the most part but the big kicker for T13 is the quality of life of refreshing rup with 1 cp if needs be, or re-refreshing if a new proc comes up. This makes it much more flexible

10+ Year Old Account
    Would normal Spire of Coagulated Globules be better then normal Kiril, Fury of Beasts? if you take into account mastery + hit + extra socket? not sure if anyone asked i didnt go thro last 10-20 pages.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    Would normal Spire of Coagulated Globules be better then normal Kiril, Fury of Beasts? if you take into account mastery + hit + extra socket? not sure if anyone asked i didnt go thro last 10-20 pages.
    Well, Kiril has more weapon damage, which we know being the stupidly important feral stat, so I think that ALMOST only for that, the mastery and the extra socket are pretty useless.

But Kiril has also a huge agility proc, secondary stats importance is so low compared to agility and weapon dps that I think that a LFR kiril might be better than a normal Spire. :3

Wait for a confirmation though :P