The 391 relic does become better than the 397 relic when you acquire more 410 gear and find that you can't reforge off enough expertise to avoid going over the cap.

If you are not overcapping expertise yet, stick with the 397 relic, but keep the 391 around

10+ Year Old Account
    How close is the VP ring and belt to the BiS ones? If I spend the VP on either will I be kicking myself HARD if I win the BiS or only a little?

I have the same thought process, but i broke down and bought them, if i replace them i replace them its only a week and a half max to get the VP to buy a new item, unless you're going for the 2200 VP items

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayssaris View Post
    I have the same thought process, but i broke down and bought them, if i replace them i replace them its only a week and a half max to get the VP to buy a new item, unless you're going for the 2200 VP items
    I'm not buying anything 2200 VP. I have a 378 belt and two 378 rings, but I'm not sure how much better the belts are (VP vs the other one) or the 3 rings in comparison (although my thoughts are the rings are a negligible difference).

Not including secondary stat differences its a difference of 20 agi and change on the belts if you're upgrading from 378's in both slots the upgrades are totally worth it. I'd suggest getting the ring first as replacing one of you're 378 rings will be easier and more doable then immediately replacing both rings. However having three sockets and an additional socket on the belt is nice, but finding the DS upgrade might be easier for you if you're the only leather wearer in your group Ring wise the valor point one is number 3 BiS, counting the Heroic and Normal in both slots as BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w7abor53omwu1nvk/

My WoL on unsleeping last night (ignore the 13 HC attempts) but on the normal kill i broke my record from last week when i was using bloodletting, I'm not sure if TF was better or if i just kept my rotation on target...it's all down to your play style to be honest.

(edit: My gear has not changed at all in the two attempts)
    Oh yeah, i have one rank better than you!
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/38...kings/players/

15+ Year Old Account
    Lawlzzzzzz

I ranked 28th on Ultraxion last night, heroic, as a bear (I haven't beared since wrath, but we figured we'd try it out). I did enough dps as bear that had I done the same DPS in cat, I would have ranked too....Holy Bear DPS Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygroen View Post
    Lawlzzzzzz

I ranked 28th on Ultraxion last night, heroic, as a bear (I haven't beared since wrath, but we figured we'd try it out). I did enough dps as bear that had I done the same DPS in cat, I would have ranked too....Holy Bear DPS Batman.
    Bears are pretty sick on Ultraxion. I don't understand why Enrage gets the "defensive buff". The uptime on Enrage is very high.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayssaris View Post
    Not including secondary stat differences its a difference of 20 agi and change on the belts if you're upgrading from 378's in both slots the upgrades are totally worth it. I'd suggest getting the ring first as replacing one of you're 378 rings will be easier and more doable then immediately replacing both rings. However having three sockets and an additional socket on the belt is nice, but finding the DS upgrade might be easier for you if you're the only leather wearer in your group Ring wise the valor point one is number 3 BiS, counting the Heroic and Normal in both slots as BiS.
    How often does the Primordial Shadows ring drop (the one that drops from the first 6 bosses)? My best guess would be that one being the harder of the 2 drops to get.

nothing to brag about but http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...e=1#p-13133750
    8th on ultrax normal, Im just a trinket away from you Smokey! damn that Vial trinket.
    Gorelaz *猩猩

Quote Originally Posted by Gorelaz View Post
    nothing to brag about but http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...e=1#p-13133750
    8th on ultrax normal, Im just a trinket away from you Smokey! damn that Vial trinket.
    Nice. Now set up new record in LFR mode.

Time to stop fooling around and start doing atleast somewhat challenging content. Come on, you have 397 level of gear! You WAY overgear the content. I killed ultraxion heroic in 389. Its one of the easiest heroic bosses in DS. And pretty fun, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    Bears are pretty sick on Ultraxion. I don't understand why Enrage gets the "defensive buff". The uptime on Enrage is very high.
    Some dev was probably still running 4T10 :P But nah, it probably just got lumped into the "tank-only" category.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Think I might be doing something wrong, picked up LFR seal of primordial shadow earlier and considered replacing splintered brimstone seal with it. However when I run wowreforge and plug in stat values it tells me to only reforge exp on ring to hit and change nothing else, which puts me at 996 expertise.

May have something to do with going on little to no sleep or that I've been using the following stat values:
    Hit / Exp: 1.3
    Mastery: 1.2
    Crit: 1.1
    Haste: 1

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ainox/advanced

Any thoughts / help are appreciated :P
    Last edited by Epoch; 2012-01-11 at 08:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Are you wondering why it is leaving you with such a large amount of expertise? You have a base amount of ~1500 expertise and you can only get rid of up to 40% of it, this will leave you with ~900 no matter what you do. It's nothing wrong with the app, it's just the (bad) itemization of leather pieces this tier (read: back stock of expertise).

Not much you can do. Reforging out all the expertise you can puts you at 910 expertise, which is still above the 781 cap. Otherwise as long as your hit rating is 961 or below, the rest of your stats don't really matter.

Ty for the quick replies! Havn't gotten much sleep last few days so figured it was either that or I was doing something wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Nice. Now set up new record in LFR mode.

Time to stop fooling around and start doing atleast somewhat challenging content. Come on, you have 397 level of gear! You WAY overgear the content. I killed ultraxion heroic in 389. Its one of the easiest heroic bosses in DS. And pretty fun, btw.
    Yeah coz I can kill it alone without a raid that fails behind in dps? wish it can be soloed but no u need a whole raid to kill
    Gorelaz *猩猩

Yeah coz I can kill it alone without a raid that fails behind in dps? wish it can be soloed but no u need a whole raid to kill
    Well, ask your raid to shape up a little
    There is always a way to kill boss somehow if there are already 200 guilds who killed it.
    Our first kill was with 4 healers. And even tanks and healers used potions to dps boss.
    And ofc this kill was impossible without cat dps with 4p set bonus.

And if you think that your skill is well over others - maybe its time to find another guild?

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    Well, ask your raid to shape up a little
    There is always a way to kill boss somehow if there are already 200 guilds who killed it.
    Our first kill was with 4 healers. And even tanks and healers used potions to dps boss.
    And ofc this kill was impossible without cat dps with 4p set bonus.

And if you think that your skill is well over others - maybe its time to find another guild?
    I dont think that, and I dont switch guilds coz of one boss who eventually will be dead. Just clearing a point that one geared dps is not all that it takes, not to mention a "Feral cat" on ultrax who cant be shredded.
    Gorelaz *猩猩

Deleted
    I dont think that, and I dont switch guilds coz of one boss who eventually will be dead. Just clearing a point that one geared dps is not all that it takes, not to mention a "Feral cat" on ultrax who cant be shredded.
    Need more players with this mentality