Shadow Priest Rotation 4.0.0 and Gear Help

Right now im doing SWP, VT, DP, Fiend, MB always on CD, MF and keep dots up, highest dps im getting is about 7.3k

29% haste

30% crit

8% Mastery

Am I doing something wrong with my stats/gems? or is it just the fact that my gear isn't tier bonus. ( Im using pvp back for haste )

Also, is that never melting ice crystal better than one of my trinkets? I have sliver of pure ice also.

My armory is robzgòd on tich, I cant post links
    Last edited by robzgod; 2010-10-16 at 09:33 PM.

Try VT, SW:P,DP,MF(3 orbs) then MB try useing a trinket for when you throw up your SW:P cause MF keeps it on your target

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they changed that once it refreshes it refreshes the buffs on the DoT, so your buffs dont carry on :P

But try out that rotation, also, Mastery so far is pretty bad totally RNG currently, maybe itll change in Cataclysm, but who knows
    Are you hitcapped?
    I am immortal, I cannot die
    I have inside me the blood of kings

priority*

---------- Post added 2010-10-16 at 09:59 PM ----------

I got rid of my mastery for more crit and yeah i have 20% hit but thats from spirit

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing I noticed when I checked out your armory is that your +hit is horribly low. Armory is showing you sitting at 1% when you NEED 17%. Now armory is not showing you as having an talents selected, so this number I see might be a bug. But check your hit % just in case.

Second, about your gear, ditch the T10 pants and replace them with Leggings of Woven Death. Get the T10 helm instead of your current helm. Your trinkets are not the best good for shadow, and yes, I think Nevermelting Ice Crystal is better than Silver of Pure Ice. The trinkets from 25m Sindy (Phylactery of the Nameless Lich) and 25m Rotface (Dislodged Foreign Object)are two trinkets you should really shoot for. Maybe even Charred Twilight Scale from RS 25m.

Third, your gemming. Now while am not sure if it has changed with 4.0, but pre 4.0, the gemming was +sp (int now) all red sockets. If the socket bonus is higher than +5 sp, gem Int/Haste and Int/Spirit gems to match the bonus. Again, I am not sure if this has changed, but it works well for me. Also, enchant your staff with +81sp and your cloak with +23 Haste.

And finally, rotation. The rotation I use is VT, DP, SWP, MB, Mind Flay. Refresh dots, spam mind flay, and use MB when it's off CD. Under 25%, Throw in SW: Death. Pop fiend whenever it's off cooldown.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Karreck; 2010-10-16 at 10:01 PM.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

thats my healing gear

---------- Post added 2010-10-16 at 10:07 PM ----------

doing 10k in this voa maybe i just needed buffs lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by robzgod View Post
    thats my healing gear
    Ha! So it is. That's I get for trying to examine armory when tired. =P
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.