The Lori thing hurt the episode simply because her wreck= more recovery time at the farm. They also found out from the travelers that the fort they were headed to has
    been over run, so no immediate plans for the future, this = more time at the farm. I'm already sick to death of the gd farm! Also, Rick didn't just kill the two guys, it was self defense. As a cop, I don't see killing two ruthless dudes that drew on him first tarnishing his soul that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acideyeliner View Post
    Is there a place where I can watch this series from start to finish? I couldn't find anything but 1 minute video clips on AMCs site.
    If you have Netflix I believe they have Season 1 and some of Season 2; but it is not freely available, any site that suggests otherwise would be breaking the law. :V

Also, the Lori line has so far (and continues) to suck hard. Rick was a badass finally, so at least there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Missdirect View Post
    The Lori thing hurt the episode simply because her wreck= more recovery time at the farm. They also found out from the travelers that the fort they were headed to has
    been over run, so no immediate plans for the future, this = more time at the farm. I'm already sick to death of the gd farm! Also, Rick didn't just kill the two guys, it was self defense. As a cop, I don't see killing two ruthless dudes that drew on him first tarnishing his soul that much.
    This is what I'm afraid of. If Lori is injured in any real way, they will stay at the farm, or at least Rick and her will. It's crap.

I also want to point out, there was a key piece of dialogue said that I think people missed. The two guys in the bar said, "we have people to look out for to", or something to that effect. Now, do they simply mean themselves or were they just scouts or some such? My immediate thought was something to do with the Governor.
    There are so many frivolous things in this world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Meh episode. Wasn't necessarily bad, but it wasn't necessarily good either.

Can't decide which character I'm most annoyed by - Lori or Carl >.<.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borador View Post
    I was thinking about time someone thought "hey I can just take the farm with my guns".
    This, really great ending, the build up and the tension leading up to it was great too. Another reason we love this show!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acideyeliner View Post
    Is there a place where I can watch this series from start to finish? I couldn't find anything but 1 minute video clips on AMCs site.
    I know that at least as of last December season one was at Redbox, so you could always just drop a dollar there.

The ending wasn't bad and its a set up to the one thing the show hasn't had enough of yet. Roving bandits, I mean of course some people are just gonna go all mad max and pillage. Sure the standoff will be decent.

Agreed the Lori wreck was totally unwanted and not needed. After roving bandit moment we'll get the divide or a decent set of kill offs I imagine.

BTW that dude totally had it coming he reached for his gun first and was trying to play them totally. I hope the show picks up though because the first part of season 2 was pretty bad.

almost positive they will be leaving the farm either at the end of the next episode or in 2 weeks....can tell by the name of the upcoming episodes and anyone who has read the comic knows whats '18 miles out' < name of a upcoming episode

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people still seem unsatisfied and upset that they are staying put. Did you happen to catch Talking Dead? It was pretty funny because Dave Navarro was all like "give me zombies to kill" to the producer, just like some folks I know. Not sure which producer it was, but he said that they are well aware of they desire for zombie kills and assured many zombie deaths in the near future.

Some have pointed it out, but it looks like we also in for some more live on live action.

I really like the Talking Dead thing. Never watched a show that had so much life outside of the actual show. It feels like the fans get some input as to where the show is heading. AMC has to know they have a gold mine on their hands. No other show that I watch has so many of my friends actively watching it as well. I just hope they do not cave to the fans too much and turn it into another slaughterfest. I like the character development, to a point of course.

What I am left wondering is why that farm is so special? If there is one farm house, there are others. Go get in any one of those. Why do they feel the need to play sleepover?
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-02-13 at 06:11 PM.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    I hope that Lori gets eaten by that zombie she ran over. And her kid must die aswell.. those two are just... ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    What I am left wondering is why that farm is so special? If there is one farm house, there are others. Go get in any one of those. Why do they feel the need to play sleepover?
    I vaguely remember Hershel mentioning that they had been overrun or something -- or at least the people associated with said farms had died. It's a good question, though.

Frankly, I'm curious as to why they're so keen on Georgia?

Season 1 was really good, like so good it became one of my fav episodes.

BUT Season 2 has been NOTHING but a letdown. Seriously, every single episode has been so boring and lame. Everytime I watched the new season 2 episodes I thought to my self "This episode its gonna get better" but I'm just fooling my self, it doesnt get better. Ending of Episode 7 made me think it's starting to be more interesting, than now 3 months later and episode 8 airs and itsnt even good. The ending was good and makes me think if something happens next episode, but seriously, thats only to get people to watch bet nothing happens. And Lori going to town after Rick and Glenn? WTF? Why would she even do that, thats just pure unrealistic and stupid. They just left and she's following them? AND OFCOURSE she hits a zombie and turns her car. So freakin' stupid, I think they should've made 1 more episode in season 1 and they all die, or find group of people with cure. I just hope it gets better, though my hope is almost gone. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    A lot of people still seem unsatisfied and upset that they are staying put. Did you happen to catch Talking Dead? It was pretty funny because Dave Navarro was all like "give me zombies to kill"

i dont understand people that say MOAR ZOMBIE KILLING....this is a survival show, meaning if they aren't getting attacked by zombies everyday then they are doing something right and will want to continue doing what they are doing until its unsafe for them and go find another place to survive without worrying about being attacked by a zombie every minute..if you want to see zombie attacks every second go watch a 2hr zombie movie where everyone dies

and they want to stay at the farm because it has PEOPLE....more people = better chance of survival

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radd View Post
    i dont understand people that say MOAR ZOMBIE KILLING....this is a survival show, meaning if they aren't getting attacked by zombies everyday then they are doing something right and will want to continue doing what they are doing until its unsafe for them and go find another place to survive without worrying about being attacked by a zombie every minute..if you want to see zombie attacks every second go watch a 2hr zombie movie where everyone dies

and they want to stay at the farm because it has PEOPLE....more people = better chance of survival
    Yeah because a drunkard who refuses violence, a girl who's now a stiff because she went into "shock" (Seriously? You'd think she would of went into shock when she first saw her mom get her neck ripped apart and become a walking rotting corpse,) and a youngin' who we assume can't even shoot or provide any other kind of support as we haven't seen him do much; oh can't forget the only other female who's too busy crying over Glenn to actually discuss anything with him; although I will admit that Maggy is still a badass for batting a zombie in the face while on horseback.

Kill off Lori already. Garbage character in terms of development and the latest screw up was the last straw. God help this show if the Governor doesn't show up. Oh, and they should make Meryl = The Governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    I vaguely remember Hershel mentioning that they had been overrun or something -- or at least the people associated with said farms had died. It's a good question, though.

Doesn't seem to me that any of it was planned. They were heading to that Fort, lost Sophie (have been searching for her ever since they arrived at the farm due to Carl being shot) and have only just discovered Sophie has been infected etc. etc.

From what we've seen, it doesn't seem to me that they've really had the chance to settle anywhere else. Besides Lori is pregnant and they kind of need Hershel's expertise.

10+ Year Old Account
    the new talking dead is making me very hopefully of the rest of the season

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post

Ya, but not like killing and removing walkers has been an issue yet. If they wanted another house they could clear it out just fine I am sure. Walkers are likely off walking and not sitting on the porch in a large group playing the guitar and singing songs. Not exactly the type to set up shop.

If I were in their shoes I would be heading to some lovely temperate island, definitely not anywhere in Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Radd View Post
    More people is also more resources needed. In a time of scarce resources numbers are not really a good thing past a point.
    I like sandwiches

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    the new talking dead is making me very hopefully of the rest of the season
    Agreed. I'm sure the finale will involve a large troop of walkers heading towards the farm like we saw at the beginning of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really cool walking dead season 2 commercial, if it's already been posted here....oops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Hahahaha guess those movie goes wouldn't last too long in a zombie apocalypse given their lax initial reaction towards the "zombie".
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-02-19 at 01:16 AM.