Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yeah I agree with you about Jesus for sure. I do think Maggie and her Hilltop will go against Rick, and Michonne Alexandria but not physically or total all out war but rather like separate like Maggie and her group and her Hilltop will be it's own entity and have their own rules which will be different than Rick and his Alexandria.

So I do think Hilltop will go independent and have their own mentality and rules.
    Maybe but even then that's still a weak story and once again makes Jesus look worse because he didn't try to talk her out of it.

I think they will go the lazy route and just had the groups war with each other. Wouldn't be surprised if Rick kills Daryl at some point now.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Think its time for walking dead to end. Same with all the spinoff/talk show crap like talking dead and fear the walking dead.

AMC have drained their cash cow dry

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    AMC have drained their cash cow dry
    Not even close, Its still one of the most watched shows/series and they are still rolling in money from it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not even close, Its still one of the most watched shows/series and they are still rolling in money from it.
    Crack makes billions of dollars a year as well. Doesnt make it a good thing that shouldnt be cancelled

I'm up to date with the books (about to read the last one out) and I gotta say this ending was good. I already know whats gonna happen next but I like the story so far, even if half of the current main characters are supposed to be dead (from the comics), but I like how they made every character what they are.

I don't really know what they are gonna do next season, as the TV show is catching up on the comic (like Game of Thrones). To replace Carl in the Whisperers saga, I guess Enid could be a good replacement. I wish they'll follow that story as its pretty good so far,, but don't know how they are gonna pull this off.

I watched all episode but gotta admit I was getting bored since the last season.

Regrets from this season:
    - Simon should have had a WAY MORE painful death.
    - Not enough Daryl. (This character is not even in the book, but he's been one of the most interesting character, but not lately).
    - Im okay with Carl's story and how it ends with the current conclusion of this season, but what are they gonna do next? (Whisperers in mind).

And the eternal question: Why are Rick's hair always wet?
    Last edited by Ravingmad; 2018-04-16 at 08:50 PM.

Very lackluster finale, I mean I was expecting it to happen but its a lot worse than I thought. This dumb war has been ongoing for 2.5 seasons only to end it with a single trick (I just like to pretend that the main characters plot armor kicked in that caused all the bullets to explode). Why wasn't Eugene hailed as a hero by everyone? If it wasn't for him the show would've ended...... damnit Eigene now I hate you even more.

I'm glad that the war is finally over at least and they might move on to something more interesting. But damn that was a major letdown to end an arc with. I could see Maggie slowly turning against Rick but it doesn't make sense that Daryl and Jesus would want to take part in it. It very much makes sense for her that she wants to kill Negan, but Daryl is Rick's best buddy and Jesus is just to cool of a dude.

I still watch the show as a habit and I can never be arsed to rewatch an episode, just watch it once and be done with it. But as it looks now I might just skip the next season and bingewatch it when its over. Maybe I should pick up Fear the Walking Dead which is now considered by some to be the better show. I stopped halfway season 2 but I heard good things about season 3.

Crack makes billions of dollars a year as well. Doesnt make it a good thing that shouldnt be cancelled
    When it comes to entertainment media good and bad is subjective not objective. You also said they drained there cash cow dry that's factually false seeing how they keep making money on it.

I think Walking Dead has turned to shit but that's my opinion of it and I'm sure some will disagree.

When it comes to entertainment media good and bad is subjective not objective. You also said they drained there cash cow dry that's factually false seeing how they keep making money on it.

I think Walking Dead has turned to shit but that's my opinion of it and I'm sure some will disagree.
    Let me rephase. They should stop because they have run out of ideas and its becoming a parody of itself. And the bloat of TV shows (walking dead, talking dead, fear the walking dead) speeds up that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Maybe I should pick up Fear the Walking Dead which is now considered by some to be the better show. I stopped halfway season 2 but I heard good things about season 3.
    Fear the walking dead is shit (IMO) I stopped mid season 3 and won't be returning. It has the same issues as Walking Dead but turned up to 11.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me rephase. They should stop because they have run out of ideas and its becoming a parody of itself.
    As long as it makes money it won't stop. Its going to turn into the Simpson's of zombie shows.

Personally I've considered picking up the comics and reading them. But I think at the same time I'm just tired of the zombie stuff.

As long as it makes money it won't stop. Its going to turn into the Simpson's of zombie shows.

Personally I've considered picking up the comics and reading them. But I think at the same time I'm just tired of the zombie stuff.
    Season 1 of the walking dead is still great when Frank Darabont was lead. The latest seasons have had nothing close to that match lighting scene with Rick in S1 or when he ment morgan the first time. The tone from then to now is just so totally different its unreal.

I rewatched 28 days/week later recently. The Zombie genre is still good. Just need fresh ideas that are realistic instead of shooting clips of ammo at each other never reloading walking dead style.

And maybe they should lay off hyping up the next big bad, making them crazier and more unreal each season to try top the last, its a boring formula now with moving from shelter to shelter just to fight a new crazy bad guy, its a tv show not a video game
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-04-16 at 10:49 PM.

Did the script writers just forget that Maggie is pregnant? It seemed like at first she was starting to show, and they mentioned her pregnancy once or twice per episode, then all of a sudden she's back to her usual slim/trim self and no mention of her pregnancy is ever made.

I think that next season should be the Walking Dead's last. Start with them making real progress into rebuilding a proper, legitimate civilization (with maybe a crude economy and the separate groups becoming proper towns/small cities), facing down and defeating one final threat (like the Whisperers), and then ending on an open, but slightly hopeful note.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree indeed that the TV series walking dead turned bad tbh. For me the last good season was season 6 that episode called "No way out" the one where all of the characters defending Alexandria super epic. For me that was the peak of the Walking Dead tv series. It went downhill afterward unfortunately.

This one

I mean back then when I was watching that scene for the first time I didn't mind if that is the end of the Walking Dead tv series story. It would have been a very good ending imo.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2018-04-17 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I agree indeed that the TV series walking dead turned bad tbh. For me the last good season was season 6 that episode called "No way out" the one where all of the characters defending Alexandria super epic. For me that was the peak of the Walking Dead tv series. It went downhill afterward unfortunately.

This one

I mean back then when I was watching that scene for the first time I didn't mind if that is the end of the Walking Dead tv series story. It would have been a very good ending imo.
    This was such an amazing scene imo. The entire season we get Alexandria in training, and "No Way Out" shows the culmination of it all. We get EVERYONE working together, like they should be after all these years. The ferocity of that montage gives me goosebumps every time I watch it.

But like you said, I feel like all the development that led to this was rolled back and everyone regressed to an earlier state of themselves. Extremely disappointing.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2018-04-17 at 12:42 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Why you shouldn't listen to people on the internet;

People on the internet : TWD is bad now needs to be cancelled

TWD *makes millions an episode and is literally the most popular TV show outside of GoT
    Popular =/= good.

Who cares if AMC shareholders are rolling in it. I dont. I care about the source material and the actors that I like and their careers and at a certain point you can start doing more harm than good getting future gigs when you're hitched to a dying show in terms of quality

Popular = Good *
    Yeah that big bang theory is brilliant comedy.

50 shades of grey is tasteful and subtle masterful writing about sexual desires.

Twilight is the best books about sparking vampires ever!!!

Taylor Swifts and Justin Biebers music touches my soul
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-04-17 at 02:29 AM.

Popular = Good *
    Lol what? Does it bollocks mean it's good. Something being good is absolutely subjective.

Iphones are popular. Doesn't mean they are good. Especially considering you can buy pretty much the same phone that will do everything an Iphone can for the fraction of the price.

The Walking Dead may be popular. Doesn't make it a good show. It means it's liked by a large amount of people. Same with critically acclaimed shows like Breaking Bad. Popular but someone finding it good is still subjective.

WoW is popular. Doesn't make it a good MMORPG. It makes it a popular MMORPG.

Your logic is absolutely flawed. Good and popular are not the same thing. Popular can be equated to factually because the large audience is there to make something popular. Good is completely subjective because it is based on opinion.

Also The Walking Dead is factually diminishing in popularity. Recent episodes had a viewership of 6 million viewers. Most episodes in season 7 were easily averaging 10-15 million. In fact not a single episode in season 7 dipped below 10 million.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that big bang theory is brilliant comedy.

50 shades of grey is tasteful and subtle masterful writing about sexual desires.

Twilight is the best books about sparking vampires ever!!!

Taylor Swifts and Justin Biebers music touches my soul
    To be fair I kind of like The Big Bang Theory. See subjectivity like I said!

Rest of the stuff you listed I agree with though. Garbage tier movies/books and garbage tier musicians.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-04-17 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

To be fair I kind of like The Big Bang Theory. See subjectivity like I said!

Rest of the stuff you listed I agree with though. Garbage tier movies/books and garbage tier musicians.
    Fair enough, big bang does have some redeeming qualities and comedy is hugely subjective. Crazy the numbers it was pulling in its peak though

Its kinda gotten to the recycled story now..... bad group shows up....win....bad groups shows up....win.... I'm not sure what its loosing after the Negan killing Glen and Abraham scene its lost something not sure what. Maybe they drug the whole Negan story out too long.

The characters seemed in danger and I cared about them... Now everyone just seems to be human XYZ meh if they die.

Hell... I think the only character I'd care about dying is Maggie and Carol at this point.

TBH, I see a lot of people on here hating on the show just to look cool. Trust me when I say...it ain't working for you kids.

Now then, the show isn't bad. The problem with the show, and it's had this problem ever since season 2, is the pacing. There is way too much filler nonsense that could be cut away. One week it's guns a blazing moving at the speed of light, then the next week it's an hour of someone walking through the woods talking to themselves. That needs to be fixed. Give us a reason to tune in, progress the story, etc.

And as far as the ignorant "The show just needs to end", "Next season will be it's last", etc etc...if you have such a huge problem with the show, stop watching. Clearly, if you're coming here to talk about the show and discuss it...you don't hate it as much as you say. The show isn't going anywhere, AMC is making far too much money off of it. Outside of premium shows such as GoT, The Walking Dead is still one of the most watched shows every week. You don't cancel your cash cow just to appease the vocal minority.
    Kthxhugsbye

Quote Originally Posted by brbshower View Post
    TBH, I see a lot of people on here hating on the show just to look cool. Trust me when I say...it ain't working for you kids.

Now then, the show isn't bad. The problem with the show, and it's had this problem ever since season 2, is the pacing. There is way too much filler nonsense that could be cut away. One week it's guns a blazing moving at the speed of light, then the next week it's an hour of someone walking through the woods talking to themselves. That needs to be fixed. Give us a reason to tune in, progress the story, etc.

And as far as the ignorant "The show just needs to end", "Next season will be it's last", etc etc...if you have such a huge problem with the show, stop watching. Clearly, if you're coming here to talk about the show and discuss it...you don't hate it as much as you say. The show isn't going anywhere, AMC is making far too much money off of it. Outside of premium shows such as GoT, The Walking Dead is still one of the most watched shows every week. You don't cancel your cash cow just to appease the vocal minority.
    I'm not hating it. From watching the first six seasons so far (I got a bit lazy) I think it's ok for what it is personally. Nothing special but nothing bad so far either.

But claiming something like "popular = good" is bs. Good is subjective as I said. The show is very popular. But compare season 7 to 8 in terms of viewership then season 8 is a hell of a lot less popular considering only 1 episode so far hit over the 10 million mark and after that viewership declined down to 6. That's a huge drop which AMC should be trying to rectify if possible or work out what's going on. Especially when over the course of a season they lost almost half their viewership.

My point is that the popularity however is clearly factually dwindling when it's down to around 6 million viewers per episode compared to last season when not one episode hit under 10 million. Usually with shows when that happens it means the peaks been hit.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-04-17 at 03:03 AM.