The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’ll be happy to see this travesty end. Though I’ll be lacking a last resort show now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    As much as I'm a sucker for this show, the point of dignity passed awhile ago. It's hard to say how they're going to continue the show post season 9.
    Jeffrey Dean Morgan would make a good lead, but the story would have to be uprooted (Negan redemption arc) to make that work.
    lol the funny part about your post is that a negan redemption arc is actually the opposite of uprooting the story. a negan redemption arc is what the source material has, killing off carl, killing rick, thats a massive deviation from the source material and completely uproots the upcoming story arcs from the source material.

atleast with rick around you can still adapt the next arc even if it loses the weird creepy step dad vibe negan and carl had you could still have rick in carls place hanging with negan but with rick gone who else can do that? guess they'll shove daryl with negan but it isnt the same dynamic at all.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    lol the funny part about your post is that a negan redemption arc is actually the opposite of uprooting the story.
    I don't read the comics, too busy uprooting your mom. /chuckle

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I’ll be happy to see this travesty end. Though I’ll be lacking a last resort show now.
    Who says this is going to end, remember this is AMC we're talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just getting sad now. Just end the show with what little dignity it has left

Deleted
    lauren cohan is probably leaving, and theres other less important characters like tara, carol, rosita, eugene, ezekial etc

its going to be a harder sale as well when they try to let negan rejoin the group
    Well,... the majority of those characters:
    - should not be alive by this point in the story
    - die pretty soon
    - are TV-show only

So there's that...

Well at least we still have the walking dead in graphic novel form and FTWD

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigvizz View Post
    I don't read the comics, too busy uprooting your mom. /chuckle

- - - Updated - - -

Who says this is going to end, remember this is AMC we're talking about.
    I’d be surprised if the main show doesn’t end though I expect fear to keep going and proabbly another spin off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad they weren't able to keep this secret. Would have been a good twist.

Deleted
    clearly not, if the rumour is true theyre clearly trying to use daryl fan service to try and bring back viewers.

really hope it isnt true. killing carl deviated enough from the comics at this point it wouldnt even be walking dead anymore
    It has been confirmed.

Well, I see his decision as a wise one, this show is dead and he wants to move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has Daryl even been a fan favorite for the past, what like 3 seasons? Dude just stands around being sweaty and grunting nowadays. No way he could lead the show

clearly not, if the rumour is true theyre clearly trying to use daryl fan service to try and bring back viewers.

really hope it isnt true. killing carl deviated enough from the comics at this point it wouldnt even be walking dead anymore
    Well Walking Dead isn't Walking Dead anymore. The core of the story is that its about Rick and Carl, Now its turning into its own spin-off. That's even more true when Rick leaves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Has Daryl even been a fan favorite for the past, what like 3 seasons? Dude just stands around being sweaty and grunting nowadays. No way he could lead the show
    Ya I think even that is going away.

They need to just announce Season 9 is the final and then ill have a interest.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

This show just has to end now, there's no other way they can go further without declining the show even more. Daryl can't possibly be the new lead without having to change his character a lot to make him a lot more interactive, reasonable and understanding. But thats not what his character is. They could make Negan one of the new leads as a lot of the shows fans still seem to like him a lot, but the show will differentiate so much from the comic to the point of being unrecognisable.

I doubt that they even consider giving this show a decent end considering its still one of the most watched shows. I wish people, even the ones who still watch out of habit for being a viewer for so long, would just start boycotting this show if they haven't already.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well Walking Dead isn't Walking Dead anymore. The core of the story is that its about Rick and Carl, Now its turning into its own spin-off. That's even more true when Rick leaves.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I think even that is going away.

They need to just announce Season 9 is the final and then ill have a interest.
    I’d say it’s always been a spin off with how far away from the scoure material it’s always been mainly for the worse.

No way daryl could be the new lead. His character doesnt suit it at all.

He should have been used sparingly rather than just the go to for any stunt work. Same thing with Morgan. They should have been rare one off characters that come in for an epic episode then fuck off again

I honestly feel like if they hadn't have killed Carl, he could have had a more lead role and they could have continued without Rick. Without both of them though, the show just feels like it's over. It was always about those 2

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I honestly feel like if they hadn't have killed Carl, he could have had a more lead role and they could have continued without Rick. Without both of them though, the show just feels like it's over. It was always about those 2
    Yeah, they probably killed off Carl assuming Lincoln would definitely renew his contract and now that he hasn't they're fucked. Now they're trying to save face by appealing to the Tumblr crowd and putting Daryl as the lead. If any of the current cast deserves to be a new lead it's carol. Daryl has basically just been eye candy since season 4 who's only interesting trait being the fact he doesn't exist in the books which doesn't really make much of an impact when he never fucking does anything integral to the plot. He pretty much just sells merch to horny middle aged housewives
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Im surprised they seem to have assumed Andrew Lincoln was such a given tbh. He's been talking about leaving for like 4 seasons and the guy loves chandler riggs. That was probably the final straw tbh

I was actually speculating earlier with a friend that maybe they die because of the coup Maggie seems to have been planning. Things escalate and Rick dies as well as Maggie? Because they only have 6 episodes with those 2 so either nothing comes of that plot or they die somehow during it.

You know what they kinda win now.

I have a slight interest in seeing how they kill off Andrew Lincoln(Rick) so I may watch it LOL. I went from a 100% nope not watching it to a 25% maybe I will watch it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    In theory Carl taking the lead would be cool but Chandler Riggs just doesn't have the acting chops to be a lead imo. Would be a huge downgrade from Andrew Lincoln

Deleted
    Not making Carol the new lead, smh AMC, smh.